Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C0R

[CSE] µ12 Moe~Moe~Kyun~Kyun Discussion - Storymode v3

Ignis isn't a real character.

I was looking for an old compilation I did where I showed all the spots on the screen where arakune could hit you with a bug, and the whole display was red, but I can't find it.

how do I not get bodied by Mu?

DP through 236a/j.236a/236d/j.236d if you're in range, you'll go right through it. Don't backdash or iad back at the start of the match, only move forward, but be patient. 2C has a ton of recovery frames, so if you bait it with a double jump you can get a crouching combo. Space your deadspike so you're outside of my DP range when applying corner pressure. But yeah, best advice against Mu is only move forward, my objective in the matchup is to create space between us so I can send out some projectiles to keep you locked down while I go in, or punish anything dumb you do while trying to get in on me. So as long as you're making it hard for me to keep you far, and not doing anything dumb, you're playing it right.

Also these are more general but, IAD air DP can scare Mu players who use anti airs a lot. It's super effective in the corner, but risky as fuck. You can also punish those who abuse backdashes with your 5c. Jumping A is pretty decent in air to air as well, if the Mu doesn't use a lot of airthrow.

Often, the matchup goes like this when I lose to a good ragna and both of us played the matchup right : I keep away from the ragna, go all the way to one corner, then the other corner, then back to the other corner, then he catches me and I die. It can take a while to chase Mu down but just don't lose patience.

how does one go to learning laserz :psyduck:

how does one go to learning laserz :psyduck:

1. Learn Combos for midscreen and corner (start with the bad starters like 2a 2b throw 6b)

2. Learn how to hitconfirm into the combos from a blockstring and random hits (put the dummy on random block, do pressure, confirm what you hit with)

3. Learn what setups and oki to do after the combos

4. Play (most important step)

5. Learn from your mistakes (examples : I lost because I went in without a 236d covering me, shouldn't do that next time. I lost because I got hit out of 236d startup, should send out a 236a next time. I lost because I used 236a at a range that my opponent could jump over and punish the recovery, I'll stick to normals at this range next time.)

6. Watch videos and apply knowledge gained to your gameplay. (example : man I'm having trouble with the Jin matchup, I'll go see how Maguro and Sakuma play the matchup, maybe it'll give me some pointers)

7. Return to steps 1,2,3 if needed (when new tech comes out or when you feel like you're comfortable doing more complicated things)

8. Return to step 4.

and go to tournaments when you can.

DP through 236a/j.236a/236d/j.236d if you're in range, you'll go right through it. Don't backdash or iad back at the start of the match, only move forward, but be patient. 2C has a ton of recovery frames, so if you bait it with a double jump you can get a crouching combo. Space your deadspike so you're outside of my DP range when applying corner pressure. But yeah, best advice against Mu is only move forward, my objective in the matchup is to create space between us so I can send out some projectiles to keep you locked down while I go in, or punish anything dumb you do while trying to get in on me. So as long as you're making it hard for me to keep you far, and not doing anything dumb, you're playing it right.

Also these are more general but, IAD air DP can scare Mu players who use anti airs a lot. It's super effective in the corner, but risky as fuck. You can also punish those who abuse backdashes with your 5c. Jumping A is pretty decent in air to air as well, if the Mu doesn't use a lot of airthrow.

Often, the matchup goes like this when I lose to a good ragna and both of us played the matchup right : I keep away from the ragna, go all the way to one corner, then the other corner, then back to the other corner, then he catches me and I die. It can take a while to chase Mu down but just don't lose patience.

So pretty much I use SF logic and just threaten her with my presence until I know I can land a clean hit/bait something, Dash and barrier block errwhere, represent some jumps but not too many just to keep her thinking, and try to catch her when she attempts to switch sides. Sounds so easy, but damn if I don't fail to do it every match.

So pretty much I use SF logic and just threaten her with my presence until I know I can land a clean hit/bait something, Dash and barrier block errwhere, represent some jumps but not too many just to keep her thinking, and try to catch her when she attempts to switch sides. Sounds so easy, but damn if I don't fail to do it every match.

v_v Round 2 today.

1. Learn Combos for midscreen and corner (start with the bad starters like 2a 2b throw 6b)

2. Learn how to hitconfirm into the combos from a blockstring and random hits (put the dummy on random block, do pressure, confirm what you hit with)

5. Learn from your mistakes (examples : I lost because I went in without a 236d covering me, shouldn't do that next time. I lost because I got hit out of 236d startup, should send out a 236a next time. I lost because I used 236a at a range that my opponent could jump over and punish the recovery, I'll stick to normals at this range next time.)

6. Watch videos and apply knowledge gained to your gameplay. (example : man I'm having trouble with the Jin matchup, I'll go see how Maguro and Sakuma play the matchup, maybe it'll give me some pointers)

7. Return to steps 1,2,3 if needed (when new tech comes out or when you feel like you're comfortable doing more complicated things)

8. Return to step 4.

Pretty much this. It's like the Mu bible for not derping. :sweatdrop:

8. Return to step 4.

I shall start Mu training tomoz :eng101:

Edit: ok this is kinda hard, guess this is my first zoner to learn :lol:

Thanks everyone, I'll try to not destroy the world... or something like that :MU:

Congrats Popochi, which is what I will call you from now on, because I have no idea how to pronounce your username.

Congrats Popochi, which is what I will call you from now on, because I have no idea how to pronounce your username.

It's pronounced po-chip I believe.

I agree with Lyth I'm pretty sure it's poeshpee.

Anyways grats, you deserve it more than I did. Dropping the game didn't help my case. ;]

it's not a word so there is no "correct" way to pronounce it :keke:

in french it would sound like "posh-pe", I originally thought in english it would sound okay as "posh-pee", but I also kinda like "pochip" because it's short. don't mind me though, pronounce it the way you want.

I wonder if non-mu players think the double 6c 5d 214d combos maguro's using have some kind of swag or if they just see it as more of the same bs. They do less damage and are harder, but build a bit more meter (though not really, because you can't fit as many moves before the RC since the farther they are, the harder it is to do). I think there might be some interesting resets you could do there, because of the overall heavy proration and untech on 214d.