Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M.D. Orona

Long Island Roll Call!

Yep, another thread for this little place, forever overshadowed by NYC. :< The lack of a scene is frustrating, especially when I've seen enough posts from players to know we have the numbers, but nothing seems to have been started up yet.

My reason for the roll call is simple -- I was checking SRK to see if there was anything like NextLevel out on Long Island, and while it's not the same, the only thing I've gotten close to is a comic shop in West Islip that hosts SF/MvC players on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The rest of the week, it's primarily occupied with TCG casuals, competitions, etc etc.

I went to take a quick trip there today and it DOES have the space and resources (TV's/360's) for a few of us to have casuals if we need to (even though it is a tad cramped, there should be room to play). I spoke to an employee and he said if I wanted to set something up, I could speak to the owner. But before that, I need to know who's around and who wants to play.

Doesn't have to be BB; if you play GG, AH, some other poverty game nobody's heard of, SPEAK UP, let's see if we can't get something started. Personally speaking, I'm open to try any game (with the exception of Marvel).

[2/16] EDIT: @Nassau players -- Hellknight brought up a possible venue in Valley Stream~ I'll scope it out sometime next week.

but yeah in terms on places, there is a place called The Gamers Edge in Valley Stream (Nassau) that is getting more and more popular

some know it for being the place where Valley Stream Monsters (VSM) plays every Thursday (mostly MK9) but maybe a little BB scene could get started, who knows

anyways here is the website for those interested: http://thegamersedgerepair.com/

[2/16] EDIT: Adding a directory because even I'm getting confused as to where everyone is. The format, for now anyway, will be in the following manner:

~Dustloop Username:

~IRL Name:

~Preferred Name(s):

~Age:

~Games you play:

~Location:

***Nassau County***

~M.D. Orona

~Name: Gerald

~Preferred Names: Doc, Orona, Gerald (not in any particular order)

~Age: 21

~Games: BlazBlue (PS3 & Xbox 360), Soul Calibur 5 (Xbox 360) -- interested in almost any fighter though.

~Location: Hempstead, NY

~Squared

~Name: [N/A]

~Preferred Name(s): [N/A]

~Age: [N/A]

~Games: Guilty Gear (PS2)

~Location: Oceanside, NY

~Hellknight10

~Name: Pedro Machuca

~Preferred Name(s): Hellknight, HK, Pedro (only call me this if you really don't want to call me by my handle IRL)

~Age: 23

~Games: Blazblue (PS3)

~Location: Hewlett, NY (Five Towns area)

~MK_Hitoshura

~Name: Mario Papadoniou

~Preferred Name(s): Hito, Hitoshura

~Age: 22

~Games you play: Mk9, BB, GG (used 2), Skullgirls (on release)

~Location: Franklin Square, NY

~(XBL tag: heartfieldtalon)

~Age: 20

~Games you play: BlazBlue (Xbox 360)

~Location: Nassau County

~(XBL tag: Tsuuna)

~Games you play: BlazBlue (Xbox 360)

~Location: Nassau County

***Suffolk County***

~M.D. Orona

~Name: Gerald

~Preferred Name(s): Doc, Orona, Gerald (not in any particular order)

~Age: 21

~Games: BlazBlue (PS3 & Xbox 360), Soul Calibur 5 (Xbox 360) -- interested in almost any fighter though.

~Location: Brentwood, NY (**NOTE: This is my secondary home, this is not where I am normally.**)

~BC Sama

~Name: Brandon Carbajal

~Preferred Name: Brandon

~Age: 19

~Games: BlazBlue (Xbox 360) or anything else BB related. I'm willing to try GG or anything like it. I also play Super smash bros brawl.

~Location: Bay Shore, NY (near the south shore mall)

~advancedNoob

~Games: BlazBlue (Xbox 360)

~Location: Riverhead, NY

~Star-Demon

~Preferred Name(s): Star, Star-Demon, S-D is also okay.

~Age: 28

~Games: BlazBlue (PS3), Guilty Gear (PS2), King Of Fighters (???), others.

~Location: Suffolk County

That's okay, I can try to help with that. I'm in Brentwood (sorta), it's not like I'd be dreadfully far from you.

I guess I'll go ahead and explain my position since I didn't do that in the original post...

I'm living with my grandparents in Hempstead (Nassau), but working/going to school out here. My immediate family is in Brentwood (also where I grew up), that'd be my parents and brothers. Because of this, I'm back and forth between Nassau and Suffolk. While I don't have a car of my own, I usually have access to one of my parents' or grandparents' cars.

I'm all the way out east, in Riverhead. Generally I'm busy with work and colledge, but I can go to tourneys so keep me posted.

I'm willing to take a 1 hour drive out to Brooklyn for TSB tournies; I have no problem with going the other direction for offline casuals either. (And bringing others in tow if necessary)

Please believe.

Actually, you just reminded me. TSB tourney in Brooklyn on the 25th. I know Riverhead is pretty far off from Brooklyn, but is there any chance you'd be able to make it out there?

That's okay, I can try to help with that. I'm in Brentwood (sorta), it's not like I'd be dreadfully far from you.

I guess I'll go ahead and explain my position since I didn't do that in the original post...

I'm living with my grandparents in Hempstead (Nassau), but working/going to school out here. My immediate family is in Brentwood (also where I grew up), that'd be my parents and brothers. Because of this, I'm back and forth between Nassau and Suffolk. While I don't have a car of my own, I usually have access to one of my parents' or grandparents' cars.

Ah I see dude. I'm in the same situation except I have to get my license, but anyone that can teach me(dad or brother) are always working. I can still drive and stuff, but I haven't really gotten use to parking or practiced it. If you're in the area I could probably hit you up. I play BB on the 360, but isn't too different from the ps3 imo.

hey stardemon, look. real people!!!

I have my doubts. People can be almost cartoonish until you show them you are not gonna be walked on or are determined to do something. It's always a fight, and it's usually everyone versus you until you finally win some kind of respect by toughing it out with them.

Anyways, I go to school. I'd like to hold events and stream them, but I have a lot of things to fix around here and round the area first. Some bad eggs are fucking things up for the rest of us, and I'm trying to foster peace between three factions so everyone can have their games and play them.

I'm willing to take a 1 hour drive out to Brooklyn for TSB tournies; I have no problem with going the other direction for offline casuals either. (And bringing others in tow if necessary)

Please believe.

Actually, you just reminded me. TSB tourney in Brooklyn on the 25th. I know Riverhead is pretty far off from Brooklyn, but is there any chance you'd be able to make it out there?

I might. It's a far drive for me though, last time I went to NL it took me 2+ hours to get there, although some of it was just me cruising around looking for Omni's place. But I guess if me, you and BC Sama chip in for gas, it's not gonna be as painful money-wise, and not as boring of a drive.

The sad part about NL is that they don't record and post their tourneys =(. Would have been nice otherwise.

So yeah, message me next week, around thursday if you are still going and I'll see if I can go as well.

Uh, this is assuming that BC is going to NextLevel that Saturday. xD (Hopefully he's down for it)

Either way, I don't mind chipping in for the gas. At all. Hell I'll even pay BC's portion if he can't chip in himself or can't come. The only "problem" is I will be in Hempstead on that Saturday (there's no budging on this, I literally will be stuck out in Nassau). So if BC is going, you'd have to pick him up, then come grab me.

And as far as NL goes, as long as Min is doing the stream it seems he has an archive of the streamed matches. I don't know where this was in the last tourney, but I found an archive of the 1/28 tourney. Link.

EDIT: [Dunno how I missed this]

Ah I see dude. I'm in the same situation except I have to get my license, but anyone that can teach me(dad or brother) are always working. I can still drive and stuff, but I haven't really gotten use to parking or practiced it. If you're in the area I could probably hit you up. I play BB on the 360, but isn't too different from the ps3 imo.

Yeah we can definitely get some offline play in. I think next time I should be in the area is this coming Sunday/Monday (due to school having that 1-week vacation strat). As for BB, seems I'm the only one on PSN, but I do have a stick that I can use on 360, so we can still play and I can get bodied. :3

Uh, this is assuming that BC is going to NextLevel that Saturday. xD (Hopefully he's down for it)

Either way, I don't mind chipping in for the gas. At all. Hell I'll even pay BC's portion if he can't chip in himself or can't come. The only "problem" is I will be in Hempstead on that Saturday (there's no budging on this, I literally will be stuck out in Nassau). So if BC is going, you'd have to pick him up, then come grab me.

And as far as NL goes, as long as Min is doing the stream it seems he has an archive of the streamed matches. I don't know where this was in the last tourney, but I found an archive of the 1/28 tourney. Link.

EDIT: [Dunno how I missed this]

Yeah we can definitely get some offline play in. I think next time I should be in the area is this coming Sunday/Monday (due to school having that 1-week vacation strat). As for BB, seems I'm the only one on PSN, but I do have a stick that I can use on 360, so we can still play and I can get bodied. :3

Hmm. If I can persuade one of them, would you ride with one of my Hofstra Friends? You said you'd pay gas right?

I'm down to cover him (or her) too. On top of that, I'm not even 5 minutes from Hofstra so I can meet up with them before advanced comes through, just to make his driving a little less crazy.

The real question is, why do you have to persuade them to begin with?

aw snap hype. This went better than I thought.

yeah I can pinch in for gas.

When is Next level? This saturday or next saturday? If it is this saturday I can't go.

I got 10 days to stop being ass with Noel. I refuse to come in last place again. >=|

A bit off topic but do you think you'll be around on Monday or Tuesday for a little bit of offline mashing casuals?

I'm down to cover him (or her) too. On top of that, I'm not even 5 minutes from Hofstra so I can meet up with them before advanced comes through, just to make his driving a little less crazy.

The real question is, why do you have to persuade them to begin with?

Cause they're not hardcore into fighting games like I am. I think one of them is going anyway cause he's hype for Gundam though lol. But it looks like you got yo ride.

can someone pick up star demon

i will

@SKD: I know he's still planning on making it, so I'm assuming he has a way there, but I'll double check with him and make sure he has definite ride.

@SKD: I know he's still planning on making it, so I'm assuming he has a way there, but I'll double check with him and make sure he has definite ride.

yay, thanks

yo how come i've never seen this thread before

but yeah in terms on places, there is a place called The Gamers Edge in Valley Stream (Nassau) that is getting more and more popular

some know it for being the place where Valley Stream Monsters (VSM) plays every Thursday (mostly MK9) but maybe a little BB scene could get started, who knows

anyways here is the website for those interested: http://thegamersedgerepair.com/

yo how come i've never seen this thread before

15 minute drive from me? Hell yeah I'm interested. :3 Thanks for bringing it up. Chucking that bit of info on the first post.

Where are you on LI bro?

EDIT: But yeah the thread itself is like 4 days old, and it gets buried under existing scene threads fast. Thus why it's sitting in my siggy. Extra exposure.

Plan is train from LI to city, then the line to Brooklyn then walk.

My only real big problem is how to buy a train ticket at each plce, since I've never done that before. :)

Shoutout to rich white people playing videogames.