Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M.D. Orona

Long Island Roll Call!

I live in Oceanside, on a good day I can get to NL in under an hour, I could definitely give a ride to anyone who lives within reasonable distance or is on the way to NL(permitting you split gas).

As for the gamers edge, I also live about 10min from it. If there was possibly enough people for a GG scene, that'd be great, seeing as I don't play BB. Even casual gatherings would be nice seeing as NL is a little out of the way, I'd rather not have to travel a long distance for just a training session.

I got 10 days to stop being ass with Noel. I refuse to come in last place again. >=|

A bit off topic but do you think you'll be around on Monday or Tuesday for a little bit of offline mashing casuals?

yeah sure man No problem. I hope your noel gets practice from my hazama and same for me I need the practice to.

@star demon

Well for trains you buy a ticket(round trip because you want to come back home) for the LIRR which takes you to Penn state. There you have to figure out which train you'll take to your destination and when you have to get out you have to get the metro card which is $2.50 I think.

Example you need to get to Poly tech so when you're at penn state you take the train there which goes around the city and makes different stops. You want to get off when it stops at Jay st which is closet to poly tech. The stops are usually marked with A, B, C and so on.

I'm not sure about the destination for NL, but I'm sure Google maps can help with that since it tells you what you have to do.

yo how come i've never seen this thread before

but yeah in terms on places, there is a place called The Gamers Edge in Valley Stream (Nassau) that is getting more and more popular

some know it for being the place where Valley Stream Monsters (VSM) plays every Thursday (mostly MK9) but maybe a little BB scene could get started, who knows

anyways here is the website for those interested: http://thegamersedgerepair.com/

lol I know where this place is. This place use to be used for Super smash bros brawl tourneys. Small place, but it gets the job done.

trains/lines are ABCD etc. not the stops.

From penn station you are going to take the downtown A-C-E line (any of these trains works) to west 4th street (3/4 stops), where you should switch to the downtown D train until you get to 9th avenue (10 stops or so away) which is about a 3 minute walk from next level. At that point if any of you decide to take the train and get lost on foot you can call/text me at 9097133796. I advise you try to come in with everybody else though.

Plan is train from LI to city, then the line to Brooklyn then walk.

My only real big problem is how to buy a train ticket at each plce, since I've never done that before. :)

Shoutout to rich white people playing videogames.

There should be either a machine at the train station or someone behind a desk that you can buy a round trip ticket from. Each bus/subway ride in the city is $2.25 per ride but you will need a metrocard for it. You -MIGHT- be able to buy one from the train station you're starting at, but if not, you can definitely buy one when you arrive at Atlantic Terminal.

Which line are you taking to Brooklyn? Cause if what I'm reading is right, the D line is a no-go on that day. Service advisory B.S.

EDIT: I'm assuming he's going to Atlantic Terminal cause that was my intended route when I planned to go to the last TSB event. If he's going to Penn Station, I haven't a clue what route he's supposed to be taking. Either way, the D line looks fucked for getting to 9thAv/39thSt on the 25th.

I live in Oceanside, on a good day I can get to NL in under an hour, I could definitely give a ride to anyone who lives within reasonable distance or is on the way to NL(permitting you split gas).

As for the gamers edge, I also live about 10min from it. If there was possibly enough people for a GG scene, that'd be great, seeing as I don't play BB. Even casual gatherings would be nice seeing as NL is a little out of the way, I'd rather not have to travel a long distance for just a training session.

This is the part where I feel bad, cause I haven't even been able to give GG a chance yet (From watching gameplay, I think I could get into it). I have no PS2, and no copy of the game. I know a local GameStop that has some pre-owned PS2's for like $30 so I wouldn't be against picking up one of them, but the problem is getting a copy of AC. Any ideas?

yeah sure man No problem. I hope your noel gets practice from my hazama and same for me I need the practice to.

Godlike~

Mmm, which is more convenient/comfortable for you -- hosting, visiting, or invading the Arena?

If it's the third, we have to do this on Monday; if you wanna host, either day works; if you wanna visit me, I'd prefer to do it on Tuesday...

errr if i remember right you should be able to take uptown D trains to get to 9th av. So the fastest way to get there would be to take the N train to 62nd street and transfer to the uptown bound D. You can buy a metrocard at like, every station. From penn you could probably take the uptown A/C/E to times square and then take the downtown N > Uptown D? :C kind of roundabout but it seems like the fastest way there afaik

From atlantic its the same deal, catch the downtown N to 62nd and then the uptown D

There should be either a machine at the train station or someone behind a desk that you can buy a round trip ticket from. Each bus/subway ride in the city is $2.25 per ride but you will need a metrocard for it. You -MIGHT- be able to buy one from the train station you're starting at, but if not, you can definitely buy one when you arrive at Atlantic Terminal.

Which line are you taking to Brooklyn? Cause if what I'm reading is right, the D line is a no-go on that day. Service advisory B.S.

EDIT: I'm assuming he's going to Atlantic Terminal cause that was my intended route when I planned to go to the last TSB event. If he's going to Penn Station, I haven't a clue what route he's supposed to be taking. Either way, the D line looks fucked for getting to 9thAv/39thSt on the 25th.

This is the part where I feel bad, cause I haven't even been able to give GG a chance yet (From watching gameplay, I think I could get into it). I have no PS2, and no copy of the game. I know a local GameStop that has some pre-owned PS2's for like $30 so I wouldn't be against picking up one of them, but the problem is getting a copy of AC. Any ideas?

Godlike~

Mmm, which is more convenient/comfortable for you -- hosting, visiting, or invading the Arena?

If it's the third, we have to do this on Monday; if you wanna host, either day works; if you wanna visit me, I'd prefer to do it on Tuesday...

I'll host that way we can get the most practice. So you said in that other post you'll be nearby on sunday or monday, will you have access to a car? Also bring a copy of BBCSEX because I don't have it.

Yeah I'm not gonna act like I know the buses/lines in the city; I don't. I was using a crapton of maps and the trip planner off the MTA website to help figure out what the hell I was supposed to be doing last time around.

Then all of a sudden, after figuring out how I was getting there, I had a ride. :v:

The only other route I know there, although this might be longer, I haven't a clue, is you can take the Southbound B63 bus out of Atlantic Terminal and it should take you to 5thAve/39thSt. Obviously, this isn't a block away from NL, more like a half mile, but it was the other possible trip I had planned out. That much walking didn't mean much to me.

@BC: I will definitely be in Brentwood again on Sunday, but I won't get there until early evening, maybe 4-6pm. I figure that's a bit late, but if you're down to do it that late, I'll see if I can get a ride or have the car for a bit.

And now, the next issue -- CSX. Do you not have a copy cause you haven't been able to find one yet, or just can't afford it atm? Cause I can try hunting down a copy for the 360 if you're able to pay me back. I got 4 GameStops near me, and I know there's one in Brentwood I could call and check with.

I have my copy for the PS3 and I don't mind bringing it, but if you use 360 controller normally, you're gonna feel really awkward using my controller.

@BC: I will definitely be in Brentwood again on Sunday, but I won't get there until early evening, maybe 4-6pm. I figure that's a bit late, but if you're down to do it that late, I'll see if I can get a ride or have the car for a bit.

And now, the next issue -- CSX. Do you not have a copy cause you haven't been able to find one yet, or just can't afford it atm? Cause I can try hunting down a copy for the 360 if you're able to pay me back. I got 4 GameStops near me, and I know there's one in Brentwood I could call and check with.

I have my copy for the PS3 and I don't mind bringing it, but if you use 360 controller normally, you're gonna feel really awkward using my controller.

hmm I see. Well I could probably get my hands on a copy of BBCSEX for the 360 sometime this week and I don't mind using the ps3 copy. Also Sunday on 4-6pm works perfect for me. As for your ride issue if you can't get one. I'll try to see if I can pick you up myself.

15 minute drive from me? Hell yeah I'm interested. :3 Thanks for bringing it up. Chucking that bit of info on the first post.

Where are you on LI bro?

EDIT: But yeah the thread itself is like 4 days old, and it gets buried under existing scene threads fast. Thus why it's sitting in my siggy. Extra exposure.

I'm in the Five Towns area, Hewlett to be exact

I would consider going to NL but god I hate taking the subways in the city, such a mess (I don't mind public transportation but the city man, the city)

Yeah, im not a fan of the buses haha. But for what its worth after swiping your metrocard at a train station you get a free transfer to a bus within the next 2hrs or so?

I would consider going to NL but god I hate taking the subways in the city, such a mess (I don't mind public transportation but the city man, the city)

the I walk in the streets and I don't care if someone hits me city swag.

My info

~BC Sama

~Brandon Carbajal

~Brandon

~19

~BlazBlue (Xbox 360) or any other BB related. I'm willing to try GG or anything like it. I also play Super smash bros brawl.

~Bay Shore, NY (near the south shore mall)

Ok first thing, I'm getting confused with how many of us there are, and where everyone is (while I'm trying to figure out how everyone's getting to NL), so I made a little user directory on the first post.

The only major info needed is DL username, your location, and what game(s) you play. Everything else is optional.

Please check on it when you have a free minute to make sure what I have so far is accurate.

inb4 I change the entire fucking first post in like 4 days. x_x

hmm I see. Well I could probably get my hands on a copy of BBCSEX for the 360 sometime this week and I don't mind using the ps3 copy. Also Sunday on 4-6pm works perfect for me. As for your ride issue if you can't get one. I'll try to see if I can pick you up myself.

Still figuring out my ride circumstances. Never mind, I'll have access to a car that night.

If you can't get CSX by Saturday, give me a heads up, so I can go hunting for it before I rush out to Brentwood.

Soooo, would you be more tempted to go if you could get a ride with one of us?

Yeah, im not a fan of the buses haha. But for what its worth after swiping your metrocard at a train station you get a free transfer to a bus within the next 2hrs or so?

Huh, I never knew that. gg's.

Well I was trying not to clog the first post with too much. To be honest, I think we're at a point where I can get rid of 75% of that text that I originally wrote, but for the time being I'll leave it alone.

Besides, if we're all gonna be playing each other, we'll learn everyone's mains (and possibly subs) soon enough.

But I would just rep your main in your sig if you want to give everyone an idea as to who you play or are familiar with. We all post here, so it won't be overlooked or anything.

Soooo, would you be more tempted to go if you could get a ride with one of us?

that'll help, but I still need to collect money for the venue and stuff

but I can work something out if getting there and back is not an issue

also my info is:

~Hellknight10

~Pedro Machuca

~Hellknight, HK, Pedro (only call me this if you really don't want to call me by my handle IRL)

~23

~BlazBlue (PS3)

~Hewlett, NY

~Dustloop Username: Star-Demon

~Preferred Name(s): Star, Star-Demon, S-D is also okay.

~Age: 28

~Games you play: BB, GG, KOF, others.

~Location: Suffolk County

that'll help, but I still need to collect money for the venue and stuff

but I can work something out if getting there and back is not an issue

Either myself or advanced should be able to drive you.

Although if I have this head count right so far, we'll have 5 bodies in the car if we all go together (advanced, BC, Dai's friend, myself, and you). I don't know if he has the space or not for that.

If not, maybe the four of you can go together and I'll get to NL the same way as Star -- dat public transportation.

Sure 5 ppl will fit in my car. Ill just need your info, like cell and addresses and just as a heads up, its $10 per person if u want to drive with.

Works for me. :D

Yo BC, did you have any luck finding a copy of Extend?

yeah I got it, but I'm having some issues with it. When I try to play the game it shows like the logos and stuff. Then the screen turns black and nothing happens I can't even go to the dashboard. There is an option to install the game which is weird because that sounds like something you would have to do with the ps3. Atm installing it I hope this solves the problem otherwise if it doesn't I think I got a defective game :(. It was brand new to.

I'm getting trolled :HZ:

EDIT

okay weird now it's running fine I didn't have to install it. Double troll :HZ: :HZ: technology :arg:

Aight as long as its running xD

I'll be heading out to Brentwood shortly. I'll give you a call when I'm headed to your place.

Chains got thrown.

Shots got fired.

Combos got dropped.

And Tager mirrors.

Shit was amazing.

Next time we do either Brawl or Mario Party casuals (I will hunt down another controller if necessary, idc).