Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M.D. Orona

Long Island Roll Call!

Chains got thrown.

Shots got fired.

Combos got dropped.

And Tager mirrors.

Shit was amazing.

Next time we do either Brawl or Mario Party casuals (I will hunt down another controller if necessary, idc).

lol I couldn't connect my devouring fang after SIRS. Also cool I'll look forward to the brawl and mario party casuals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Ij7y1aOVE <---If you haven't seen this it is pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Ij7y1aOVE <---If you haven't seen this it is pretty funny.

Why isn't this canon? D: It should be.

Also shoutouts to the gamer's edge being legit. Even more legit than the arena (although if we had to make something happen in suffolk, I could probably use that place).

Adding MK_Hitoshira to the Nassau directory. Dude has a legit Arakune.

Annnnnd, last but not least, LI invasion of NextLevel in 2 days. GET HYPE.

Also shoutouts to the gamer's edge being legit. Even more legit than the arena (although if we had to make something happen in suffolk, I could probably use that place).

yeah sorry for not making it, I'll try again next week

then you can play my free ass Lambda :B

supreme hype. Also yeah The gamer's edge is a good place to host tourneys. They even take pictures of top 2. :3 lol

Real talk, I will quintuple post on this thread, make an alt account, and quintuple post again before I let this thread die.

But while I am thinking about it, shoutouts/thanks to advanced for providing transportation and lulz yesterday and bringing Ushbro/heartfieldtalon.

Hopefully we can do this again in April (since Dai is guessing that'll be the next TSB tourney date).

BC, we need to do brawl casuals asap, but I dont think I'll be back in Suffolk until the weekend of Mar 9th... although hopefully I can get a copy of CSX for 360 come this Friday so I can get some netplay in with you guys.

~Name: Jason

~Age: 23

~Games: BlazBlue (xbox), MBAACC, maybe GG. I play SF4 and other shitty capcom games at casuals since thats all people usually play.

~Location: Stony Brook, NY (I go to SBU and this is my last semester, I live in Albany)

I'm down for sessions around Suffolk or sessions at FNC. Theres some people interested in the Long Island FB group (unless thats you guys) for BB/MB so we might be able to get a station. I don't mind going there since theres like 2 people that would prolly come with me from SBU to help me pay for gas.

Real talk, I will quintuple post on this thread, make an alt account, and quintuple post again before I let this thread die.

But while I am thinking about it, shoutouts/thanks to advanced for providing transportation and lulz yesterday and bringing Ushbro/heartfieldtalon.

Hopefully we can do this again in April (since Dai is guessing that'll be the next TSB tourney date).

BC, we need to do brawl casuals asap, but I dont think I'll be back in Suffolk until the weekend of Mar 9th... although hopefully I can get a copy of CSX for 360 come this Friday so I can get some netplay in with you guys.

don't worry we'll get this shit back up when we meet up at GamersEdge this week

shit if we get enough players I wouldn't mind running a little tournament in the future

Just going to drop by in this thread for a sec and have a BIG SHOUTOUT to all of you LI players who came to the Team St1ckbug tournament tournament. It sucks that you guys have to travel a pretty long way even though we are in the same state. Hopefully I can continue seeing you guys stop by the tournaments. Once again thanks so much for coming out. The NY scene is going to be alot stronger if you guys keep this up

Keep the flag flying everyone

awesome Prs I didn't stony brook had bb players. I have a fb and I'll look into that BB group. As for gamer's edge we have plenty of time to get a tourney ran there since NL isn't starting up until april.

@orona March 9th. I hope I'm free around that time.

Thanks mahouko. LI will keep coming.

Edit: Yo prs could you link me to that LI group? I can't tell which it its. There is a whole bunch of them.

@M.D.Orona its Hitoshura not hitoshira lol

~Dustloop Username:MK_Hitoshura

~IRL Name:Mario Papadoniou

~Preferred Name(s):Hito, Hitoshura

~Age:22

~Games you play:Mk9, BB, GG (used 2), Skullgirls (on release)

~Location: Franklin Square, Ny

Just going to drop by in this thread for a sec and have a BIG SHOUTOUT to all of you LI players who came to the Team St1ckbug tournament tournament. It sucks that you guys have to travel a pretty long way even though we are in the same state. Hopefully I can continue seeing you guys stop by the tournaments. Once again thanks so much for coming out. The NY scene is going to be alot stronger if you guys keep this up

Keep the flag flying everyone

We got this~ :3

awesome Prs I didn't stony brook had bb players. I have a fb and I'll look into that BB group. As for gamer's edge we have plenty of time to get a tourney ran there since NL isn't starting up until april.

@orona March 9th. I hope I'm free around that time.

Thanks mahouko. LI will keep coming.

Uh, let me take a day to think about that tourney concept. The idea doesn't sound bad, I'm just hoping we can do it without getting any bullshit from non-BB players and whatnot.

~Location: Stony Brook, NY (I go to SBU and this is my last semester, I live in Albany)

I'm down for sessions around Suffolk or sessions at FNC. Theres some people interested in the Long Island FB group (unless thats you guys) for BB/MB so we might be able to get a station. I don't mind going there since theres like 2 people that would prolly come with me from SBU to help me pay for gas.

Last semester @ SBU? Q_Q Well, we can get some casuals and such in the meanwhile. Worst case scenario, we can rock netplay if necessary. (I hate resorting to that concept but it's better than no games at all...)

Do you know anyone in the FB group that plays BB? I haven't actually approached SRK or Strong Island cause, well, I'm expecting quiet or a shitton of being redirected back to dustloop, or in the troll scenario, just get trashed for playing an animu game.

And if it wasn't obvious yet, no there isn't a BB group on FB yet. I guess it'd probably help to get one up and running, wouldn't it? =|

*Not-so-secretly hates the hell out of Facebook*

@M.D.Orona its Hitoshura not hitoshira lol

That was .... yeah my bad. I usually don't mess that up Dx

If you guys wanna run a tournament on say 3/31, I would love to show up and help as long as I could get to it from Hofstra decently enough.

Bonus points if you can get Skullgirls in it.

Ok bump + update.

Hellknight and Hitoshura are both pretty hyped about hosting a tourney on LI, so more likely than not, we can make it happen. We still gotta talk to the guys at TGE before it's an official thing, but I doubt it'll be an issue.

And hopefully we'll be able to record some of the matches, since streaming is very likely a "no". (None of us have real streaming equipment as far as I'm aware)

Dai, even if you just come to play, that'll be a good help. :3 As I said once before, I'm like 2 minutes from Hofstra, and TGE is roughly 15min from me, so I can always pick you up and drive you if necessary... then again, this is also assuming I'm off of work on that day. >_< And I haven't given barely any thought to what games will be played, but Skullgirls sounds possible, I'd probably be able to borrow a copy from one of my co-workers (and possibly convince him to come join at the same time).

Ok, non-tournament-related, I'm looking to make a little FB page and a post on SRK about the scene to see if there's any non-DL players out there. That'll be as soon as I have the time to sit down and effing do it. I'll post it up again when it's done.

Last but not least, a brief excerpt from our trip to NextLevel on the 25th :D

Been trying to see if I can host something myself. Two things in my way:

1. People to show up

2. Getting out there with my equipment. (Gas, time, keeping my stuff safe)

Thinking about this friday or next friday, anyone interested?

As much as I want to, I'm scheduled to work both this Friday and next Friday Q_Q

This was why I told BC Sama the next time I'd be Suffolk is the -weekend- of March 9th. I'm stuck in Nassau until at least 10-11pm on Friday night, thanks to work. I should be able to get out there on Saturday though, and hopefully I can stay until Monday morning.

But if it's Saturday (Mar 10th) or Sunday (Mar 11th) and I can get out there, I'm down to help you with organizing it and carpooling people around if needed.

Ok bump + update.

Hellknight and Hitoshura are both pretty hyped about hosting a tourney on LI, so more likely than not, we can make it happen. We still gotta talk to the guys at TGE before it's an official thing, but I doubt it'll be an issue.

And hopefully we'll be able to record some of the matches, since streaming is very likely a "no". (None of us have real streaming equipment as far as I'm aware)

Dai, even if you just come to play, that'll be a good help. :3 As I said once before, I'm like 2 minutes from Hofstra, and TGE is roughly 15min from me, so I can always pick you up and drive you if necessary... then again, this is also assuming I'm off of work on that day. >_< And I haven't given barely any thought to what games will be played, but Skullgirls sounds possible, I'd probably be able to borrow a copy from one of my co-workers (and possibly convince him to come join at the same time).

Ok, non-tournament-related, I'm looking to make a little FB page and a post on SRK about the scene to see if there's any non-DL players out there. That'll be as soon as I have the time to sit down and effing do it. I'll post it up again when it's done.

Last but not least, a brief excerpt from our trip to NextLevel on the 25th :D

I died at the beeping part lol.

Hmm so I felt like doing netplay yesterday and my attempt to play online failed because my opponent quit. :(

Lolnetplay. Lolragequitting. :x

Oh and I have to take back something I said before. I -won't- be able to get to Suffolk on Mar 10th anymore because for whatever reason, I'm now scheduled to work every day that I don't have class between now and March 10th.

zzz.

Luckily I can get a copy of CSX for 360 tomorrow, I just have to hope I can find one.

Lolnetplay. Lolragequitting. :x

Oh and I have to take back something I said before. I -won't- be able to get to Suffolk on Mar 10th anymore because for whatever reason, I'm now scheduled to work every day that I don't have class between now and March 10th.

zzz.

Luckily I can get a copy of CSX for 360 tomorrow, I just have to hope I can find one.

ah I see. Well there is still spring break. Also I made a fb group for Long Island blazblue players. I hope it gets some attention.

GGs to Orona and Hito (for playing Orona not me haha) at TGE

Orona you gotta do something about dem jumps, my 6D so strong :3

I'll be seeing you again next week lol