Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M.D. Orona

Long Island Roll Call!

31st. Hmm I will be a no show for that. Brawl tourney on the same day. :/.... I'll be there in netplay spirit lol.

Well since you're not going, you owe me some netplay casuals.

Not that it mattered, I had been meaning to play games with you for a while now.

Did you ever accept my request on XBL?

Bump.

Tournament is still a go; I picked up my happy Happauge recorder that I now have to play with to make sure I have it working properly.

Public transit info is also on that tourney thread for anyone who's not sure if they can make it or are having troubles figuring out how to get there.

Lastly, I need a little bit of help from you guys. Log onto FB for 10 or 20 seconds and like this page please. It'll help me with preparing fliers for the tourney.

A bit off-topic, but I'm gonna re-format that first post sooner or later. I think it's overdue to be completely re-done.

Oh, and I met another Nassau player, so I'm adding him to the directory. Tsuuna, for those of you that might know him or have played him already. Excellent Bang player.

Hmmm for some reason I Thought Tsuuna was Upstate and not LI this whole time. Before he came through that is.

oh, hi!

I'm just going to post this random message to make myself known.

I play Baze Blue, King of Fighters XIII and will begrudgingly play Street Fighter IV if there's nothing else.

Pretty bad since I had no matchup experience. I've had no match of experience because I hate netplay.

Shoutouts to the LI guys for assembling, good shit. I'll probably like never go(nah I'll probably go like in the summer if I can find a ride or something) but I'm with you all supporting the scene in spirit. This is not some kind of bump, I swear. I'm in Boston atm anyway so I couldn't go if I wanted to :v:

oh, hi!

I'm just going to post this random message to make myself known.

I play Baze Blue, King of Fighters XIII and will begrudgingly play Street Fighter IV if there's nothing else.

Pretty bad since I had no matchup experience. I've had no match of experience because I hate netplay.

welcome dude. Also I've been wanting to get into KOF 13, but I just always skip out on buying it lol.

King of Fighters is fun, but I'm struggling with its combo system. It's fun and want to keep playing it but the impending release of skullgirls and Guilty Gear HD threaten that.

As for where I am, I'm a student at Suffolk where I'm lucky to see people play anything other than Smash Bros.

King of Fighters is fun, but I'm struggling with its combo system. It's fun and want to keep playing it but the impending release of skullgirls and Guilty Gear HD threaten that.

As for where I am, I'm a student at Suffolk where I'm lucky to see people play anything other than Smash Bros.

oh really? My friends(who play smash) go to suffolk and they are probably the ones you have seen playing Smash bros.

Not sure when, but this week I'll try playing online for once. lol

@Dillinger: Is there any chance you can make it to the tourney we're doing in Valley Stream this Saturday?

Also -- Next week I should be in Suffolk for a few days if anyone wants to get some offline games in.

Tues-Thurs are the days I should be around.

I'll see if I can come to Long Island like once a month to play with you guys. I'm from NYC but I'll support this scene.

I'll see if I can come to Long Island like once a month to play with you guys. I'm from NYC but I'll support this scene.

Much appreciated ^^

Assuming that this tourney goes right in a few days, I might want to do it again, but the issue is trying to keep it from conflicting with TSB tournies. Airdashing scenes are poverty; it'd be rough to have two NY tournies in a month ... wouldn't it?

Or am I not giving us enough credit?

Come to stony brook when I bring KoF, I'll show. It's REALLY easy once I explain it.

You can't explain it here or in a PM?

Someone from their community should make tutorial video if it's that simple. I remember someone from Dream Cancel making a tutorial video about short hops and dodge rolls. The neutral game actually made sense after watching that.

SNK should have put more effort into making King of fighters 13 explain itself better.

You can't explain it here or in a PM?

Someone from their community should make tutorial video if it's that simple. I remember someone from Dream Cancel making a tutorial video about short hops and dodge rolls. The neutral game actually made sense after watching that.

SNK should have put more effort into making King of fighters 13 explain itself better.

I'd rather SHOW you. So that you can see and do it yourself.

I was going to throw something together for Vice, though. Maybe I can show you that way.

Way to not support your scene by letting Star-Demon teach you things. :P

Gonna go ahead and repeat what I said before. I'm in Suffolk for the next two days. If anyone cares to get offline games in, they better PM me, and do it fast.

Feels like pulling teeth trying to get in touch with any of you guys, I swear =w=

Gonna go ahead and repeat what I said before. I'm in Suffolk for the next two days. If anyone cares to get offline games in, they better PM me, and do it fast.

Feels like pulling teeth trying to get in touch with any of you guys, I swear =w=

I'll probably text you about this tomorrow just in case you don't check here. But wanna get some games in this saturday?

Also I got a story to tell lol on my adventure onto wifi.

So I get this guy. We play our first match and it's hazama dittos lol. I beat the guy and then at the character selection screen he sends me a message "now your dead" I just reply with a sadface. I go tao and he beats me with hazama and astrals me then quits. Lol why do I get these kind of players?

The internet is magical like that xD

If it's like morning to mid-afternoon, we can do netplay. I'm back in Nassau now so it's not like I can come over. :(

What is an easier way for me to get in touch with you guys in mass? MSN? FB? Seems I'm one of the few that frequent Dustloop, sooo....

I go Dustloop to. But I just don't stay on Long enough. I never stay on FB. hmm I guess sometime around 12pm I'll get onto netplay and we can play a couple of matches.

That works. Gives me time to get some needed sleep.

If I'm not on XBL or you can't reach me, call/text me. Or PM me here. Whatever's easier.

hmm this didn't work out as I planned. I woke up around 12pm and I went on to see if you were online. I didn't see you online and silly me I thought I could play Arcade and just wait until you came on, but my bro wanted to play something. Oh well. Next time I'll make sure I have time to play.

I dropped the ball this time.

For I-dont-know-what-reason, LIVE decided not to connect properly, and after 30 min or so of troubleshooting I RQ'd into a nap... x_x

My bad.