Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M.D. Orona

Long Island Roll Call!

So, I'm back in Long Island. Plugged my GGXXAC back in but a bit rusty. Haven't played BB in well over a year (when Litchi made sense).

*needs GG port* :arg:

Also gl to anyone that heads out to Brooklyn on Saturday.

I wanna see someone from LI

other than Tsunna

making top 4.

if it came with a muffin, it was definitely worth the 10 dollars.

I'm a Student in Suffolk, going to try to support Persona on long island since im a fan of BB and GG and the persona series.

I'll be in arizona until the 11th but after that I'll be coming to FNC on Tuesdays and Thursdays to play persona.

We may need to reach beyond the established fighting game community for that. Problem is, I'm not sure how. From my experience most people are intimidated by having to learn anything about a game at all.

Also, on the first page you mentioned a comic book shop called "the arena" or something. Is there a way to get their by bus?

I'm sure there is, but I've done literally no research on it, seeing as my availability in Suffolk is highly limited.

All I know is what's on the first page, that is -- it's used for Marvel/SF gatherings once or twice a week, otherwise it's card games and the like.

Honestly I haven't been there in a good 6 or 7 months; then again, I can say something similar for the Gamer's Edge, which I haven't visited since I hosted that small tourney back in March.

Hey.

Anyone still playing BB or GG near me? Eastern Suffolk County?

Not having anyone better than me to play with locally for less than $20 is becoming a serious wall to me getting any better at anything.

Blah my first post in days. So I was at NEC, but not for BB but for SSBB. Was cool to see Orona again, but I didn't get to stay long enough to see Ush man again. I hope I can get my license soon so I can see you guys.

You're technically this thread's first post in days months.

I actually told him that you were looking to visit more. If you ever come out, I'll honestly go out of my way to come over for casuals at his place. He actually has space for it. I don't, sadly. :(

And since I know you're out of the BB loop, feel free to bring your Wii, GC, or Wii U (whenever they get the new Smash out), we have no prob playing different games. I'm curious what it'd be like to play against someone who's strong in Smash anyway.

I'm a Suffolk county player. I heard a long while ago that people were playing on Tuesdays and Thursdays but I've never been able to go since I have to wake early for work. Still looking for something going on during the weekends.

Use to play at the Play n' Trade on Sunrise in Bayshore on Sundays. Wish that hadn't stopped. Was pretty boss.

Huh. I'll have to pay that spot a visit sometime (...you know, when I'm not stranded in Nassau).

And I'll have to give GG a fair shot. I actually have some time later on tonight, so I'll begin Chipp training. :o

And maybe spend an hour or so on AE2012 ... but nobody here plays that so lol.

You're technically this thread's first post in days months.

I actually told him that you were looking to visit more. If you ever come out, I'll honestly go out of my way to come over for casuals at his place. He actually has space for it. I don't, sadly. :(

And since I know you're out of the BB loop, feel free to bring your Wii, GC, or Wii U (whenever they get the new Smash out), we have no prob playing different games. I'm curious what it'd be like to play against someone who's strong in Smash anyway.

Ah I see. As for games i'm fine with anything or even just hanging out.

Funny thing I forgot when, but Xbox was allowing people with no xbox gold free gold for three days. I didn't even use it lol

well I didn't go to that tourney. Also I'm done with SSBB and I'm guessing maybe in the near future once I get my license we can hangout sometime(Orona and Ush man)

Yo whatup homedawgs

I'm out in Bayshore (where you at, BC~) and am an ooooold as fuck GG player (Pretty good Johnny, I think). I used to run all the GG tournaments back in the Castle Golf days. PSN release obviously got me playing again and I'm just curious who does what and if people ever get together to play because I could use a little more occasional competition again.

When Long Island plays, they usually come down into NYC at Next Level. I can't speak for their locations in LI compared to yours though.

Yo whatup homedawgs

I'm out in Bayshore (where you at, BC~) and am an ooooold as fuck GG player (Pretty good Johnny, I think). I used to run all the GG tournaments back in the Castle Golf days. PSN release obviously got me playing again and I'm just curious who does what and if people ever get together to play because I could use a little more occasional competition again.

Oh hi Kayin. I'm not much of GG player nor do I play BB anymore. Interesting to see that there is GG player in my area. I live near the South shore mall. As of recently I've been busy with college and stuff, but if you're interested in hanging out that would be cool. Send me a PM on here or text me I think my cell phone is on the 1st page in this thread.

Hey everyone, I just joined the forums (been lurking here for a good few months checking out the BB GD) and was really surprised to find a LI thread. I'm pretty much exclusive to BB (on xbox...bleh) but I've been looking to pick up on darkstalkers again since the remake came out. I also somewhat play arcana heart 3 but it's pretty much just me practicing arcade mode and occasionally skirmishing with my one friend that will play it with me. Just throwin my name in here because why not. My extend is a bit scratched up right now though so I can't get any matches in but as soon as i get an new copy (eventually) i'd be up for some games.