Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mappa_Buster7

Slayer vs. Anji

I've played this match alot! here's the most useful things you could do: - Be careful when trying to approach him when he's zoning with the Butterfly. - watch out for reversal HS fujin on wakeup, and try to bait and punish it. - use BBU wisely, it beats most of his moves and goes through the start of Butterfly. - 6K, 5K and 2H are your best weapons, I suggest u use them alot (2H jumps over his lows). - on oki 6K and 2D are good, especially if your opponent likes to wakeup grab , but watch out for 6K autogard! - try to predict his stomps and air grab him. - 6P can pass through his Butterfly. - you can CH DOT just when he's using Butterfly, but I don't recommend is unless he's got just a little bit of life left. and that's all I know for now

You beat Anji out of butterfly oki with your 6P?

your opponent isn't good

I didn't say it was oki, I meant if it was used in regular play and he tries to zone with it.

i would like to mention Slayer 2K is good for this match up. Anji's would tend to love to Throw you, so... watch out for those... Jumping in on him can be dangerous cause of Autogaurd -> Counter to face Normal attack block string can be dangerious if Anji sees gap and try for Auto Guard counter Against ButterFly okizeme(for safety): i usually woudl BDC 1F Jump or IB the first hit and Jump FD Gaurd, Dandy(if i feel like they going for attack so i can go for PB), Back dash, I haven't tried Forward Dash maybe it will work as a lol wtf? o yes "ANJI HAS COMBOS!???? WTFBBQ!!"

As an Anji player also, I would say 2D is only okay as oki with Slayer. You can do it a couple times, but don't get too predictable with it, cause if you do you'll 3K'd.

I haven't tried Forward Dash maybe it will work as a lol wtf?

I play this matchup frequently and unfortunately forward dash has yet to work in my favor in that instance. So I'd say it's a no go captain.

Normal attack block string can be dangerious if Anji sees gap and try for Auto Guard counter

Also be very wary of blockstrings that end with Slayer's 2HS. I've had Anji IB the 2S during a block string and EX Fujin me into combo + knockdown leaving Slayer in a position he's definitely not fond of.

while autoguards can always hurt you for being predictable, keep in mind that it's not like they do huge damage or anything (in general). unless it keeps happening just shrug it off. just don't be predictable (though that goes for any matchup) don't forget if you instant block a K stomp (the big one) you get a free throw.

Anji notes You can: 2D the fuck out of him. Beats his fujin for free combo. Beats 6P for free combo. 2HS P stomp any time unless it's perfect meaty. 2HS hits on both sides so it's easy. free combo for oki, DASH through. a lot. fujin and auto guard moves get fucked by dash through due to how much it messes up inputs. 6K and fujin also will not hit behind anji so abuse it. IB fujin and dash through. All of anji's fujin options all move him forward so dash through is viable Fighting anji is a lot of baiting and reactionary punishes since you can't mindlessly pressure him. So just chill, let him do fujin or stomp or 6P or one of his other horrible moves and then punish it accordingly.