Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gli

[CSE]The Rachel Sanctuary (Free for all, some posts NSFW) 8.0!

has anyone been experimenting with j[c]? more and more i'm realizing how important delaying/adjusting your fall speed and positioning is against any player, and j[c] and winds do a great job at this, j[c] more so because it can be done multiple times and retains all but your main defensive option (blocking).

it hasnt been talked about much since ct, and for good reason - i'm going to look into it more and see what l can get out of it.

Making fun of my knowledge of something I started experimenting with about two months ago with intermittent periods of actual motivation.

But you said you were gonna change (well, "deal with") it, why does it matter if I comment on the current one lookin' like a dalmatian's name?

Tried playing Extend again some more today. Trying to get used to the J.2C technique all over again since the disaster over the weekend where I forgot how to pull it off overnight D: I blame British weather for messing with my head, but I just got to keep trying every so often and not get stressed about it.

Other than that, been playing Valkyrie Profile 2 which is an RPG I've been meaning to play for ages and finally got it today. Also decided to purchase Sonic Adventure of PSN recently for my Dreamcast isn't up and running and I've lost half my games for it and I like a good old Sonic game to return to every now and again :)

has anyone been experimenting with j[c]? more and more i'm realizing how important delaying/adjusting your fall speed and positioning is against any player, and j[c] and winds do a great job at this, j[c] more so because it can be done multiple times and retains all but your main defensive option (blocking).

it hasnt been talked about much since ct, and for good reason - i'm going to look into it more and see what l can get out of it.

I do it sometimes but for mixups... like after a BnB into j.c JC j.c air iris land BBL and setting a frog. I do rising j.a whiff into j.[c] float whiff, then hit them with j.b and the frog activates so you can combo from there. Works like a charm, good gimmick to have but like all gimmicks, don't abuse it. Obviously you can just not hold it and land into 2b as a mixup. The problem with that is if they just lie on the ground without teching, they'll eat the frog hits (so you can salvage the combo) but you lose that reset opportunity.

Haven't really tried it outside of this situation, though I've seen K2 do IAD j.[c] whiff into j.b in the corner.

That happened to me before when I was playing against a Tao.

The pumpkin is still there, but has no hitbox. You can still wind it though. Strange thing.

I'm not using the j.[C] mix-up that much tbh. Rachel has enough useful mix-ups that aren't gimmicky. Is the j.[C] mix-up escape safe at all? Can't they just tech and jump away?

j.[C] mixup on wakeup is typically used during frog lockdown, and they can't jump out of that particularly easily. That said, they can do almost anything else, like 5A you, and they'll get a CH combo.

If you're doing j.[C] mixup during a blockstring, chances are they'll just poke you and get that CH combo, unless they're really unfamiliar with Rachel's moveset.

@pumpkin: The pumpkin stays out sometimes when Rachel is forced to block, though I think it's possible to have different things cause it and have different results. Can't say for sure, though. The last time I had it happen to me, it was because the pumpkin went active at the exact same time that I got hit. I traded with the opponent and won. Yay pumpkin! >_>;

That's a big minus. I'll just stick to my mix-ups that lock the opponent in the corner.

Talking about gimmicks. I just did something very stupid and risky. Throw whiff > TK iris. v:

What do you guys do against late techers in the corner? I don't mean those who don't tech at all and george hits, but the ones who tech during georges activation so he won't hit them at all.

That's why I usually end with pumpkin oki in the corner. You can simply react to what kind of tech the opponent does. You can also do pressure resets like 5B, frog, wind pumpkin onto opponent (works every time :v:). Also you'll only need 1 wind for the next corner combo because you have access to the frog, and usually a pole setup.

In your situation, you can't really do anything but frogless mixups after they tech.

That's a big minus. I'll just stick to my mix-ups that lock the opponent in the corner.

Talking about gimmicks. I just did something very stupid and risky. Throw whiff > TK iris. v:

What do you guys do against late techers in the corner? I don't mean those who don't tech at all and george hits, but the ones who tech during georges activation so he won't hit them at all.

Well, the j.[C] mixup in the corner with frog on the opponent's wakeup is reasonably safe for you, if you time it right. It's just quite possible to mistime it and eat 5A or something. It's also super vulnerable to dps, but you can always bait those with j.C whiff into whatever. Not sure how well it deals with rollers. I suspect it's only so-so at that.

If the opponent likes teching during George, there's a period of time before they tech when you can hit them. If you hit them and force them to air tech (or eat george as a bluebeat), what happens?

Keep practicing a lot and it should stay for good. Try to aim for like... about 90% success rate.

Yeah, I'm going back into training mode every so often and tackling it in small steps. I just don't want to end up getting annoyed at myself and get worked up for forgetting it originally xD So I'm doing some of the story mode and playing other games to take my mind off the problem and do things a little bit at a time, then sort of sink into a situation where I'll be sat in training practicing even more :)

We both should improve so we don't look so fray next time lol. But you were less free since you almost got KV to loser's :V

Why can't I press buttons and win with this character? Rachel is difficult. But enjoyably difficult. After one day I've only cover 1 or two basic midscreen and corner combos. Wind goes really quickly so I've pretty much written off going over 2 stocks for now unless it takes the round, Her movement options with wind are amazing, especially her neutral tech giving the two fingers to Lambda Oki.

I'm enjoying her, I just need to find out how to apply better corner pressure. Struggling with it as of now.