Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gli

[CSE]The Rachel Sanctuary (Free for all, some posts NSFW) 8.0!

Or you could just buy Grandia 1 :kitty:

Got that when it released for PS1 and Grandia 2 on Dreamcast. It's my only Dreamcast game besides mvc2 and cvs2.

That's a hard one.

If you want a traditional RPG with a refreshing battle system, anime style characters but a mediocre story and backtracking at its finest, go for Tales of Graces. I suppose you already looked up gameplay videos. If you ever played the PS2 Tales of Destiny remake, you'll probably know how the battle system works. If you didn't, let me help you out on this one: Every character has a certain amount of minimum und maximum "CC". Everything you do in battle consumes CC. Characters don't have normal and arte attacks like in other Tales games, but "Alpha" and "Beta" artes (they are called a bit different in the english version iirc). Alpha Artes are more or less normal attacks, but instead of just one normal punch/slash attack you have 13 different alpha artes you can execute by pressing (a directional button +) the alpha arte button. These artes follow a strict arte three though. You can chain up to 4 of these artes and they are arranged in 4 levels, so you can chain a level 1 arte to a level 2 arte, a level 2 arte to a level 3 arte and so on. Beta artes or the traditional artes the Tales series has. They consume a fair amount of CC, are most likely stronger but big combos using them are a bit harder. Another feature is the sidestep, where you can quickly cancel yor recovery or evade incoming attacks at the cost of 1 CC.

The rest of the game is just a typical Tales way. That's meant in a good way (minus) story) btw. :3

Xenoblade reminded me a bit of a wRPG. You have these massive areas you can explore, real time changing equipment and a real time battle system that reminded me of a MMORPG. I didn't enjoy the game at first but it became very very very very good lmao. The story is probably the best you'll see in a jRPG of the current console generation. And these areas are impressive as hell, didn't think the Wii could handle them. The soundtrack is also top notch. The only thing I can really criticize is the battle system. But it eventually got fun too.

But if you are going to buy both anyway, I'd suggest you buy ToG(f) first. It's shorter than Xenoblade.

Is Xenoblade Chronicles finally out for you US people? Lol. :3

Yeah, it came out this month. I'll go with Xenoblade first. The music sold me on it. I'm still a little wary on Tales games ever since Tales of Symphonia 2.

If anyone's interested, we are hosting a huge tournament tomorrow in Montreal. Full post is on the front page of Dustloop!

Check out the stream here! K2 from Toronto will be in attendance as well as myself if you wanna watch some Rachel action xD

Only watched loser's and grand finals because I forgot ._.

That was some good stuff though. You seem to understand that Tao match-up quite well (or play XDest all the time v: )

congrats kirby. indeed that trophy looks very shiny... *quickly wipes away drool*

lol I thought they were talking about kro's award (props btw, this guide is the truth) but yeah, thanks TD. I watched your ft10 against LK in preparation for this event and it helped a bit but I lacked way too much experience against Litchi still. Winners finals went to the last round of the last match though, so I like to think I wasn't too free xD Now if Vice-Taicho would come to meetups...

As for the recordings, the stream was plagued by internet problems so the footage is REALLY choppy at times, and it wasn't recorded locally for some reason. Watch at your own risk :

Winners finals vs LK at 0:58:10

Losers finals vs XDest at 1:20:30

Grand finals vs LK (this one fucks up a lot, especially in the second match) at 1:36:30

I could've played better but I could've played much worse with all that stress so I'm not too unhappy about my performance. Plus it was sooo much fun :D

oy, kro got an award too ._. and l didnt see it... well in all fairness, its neither gold nor shiny which is eye candy to me lol. but his does permeate wisdom :D

im gonna try to watch the vid if its not on justintv/twitch which im sure it is

I'll probably resume playing as Rachel and train again soon-ish. Just been focussing on Story Mode and Arcade with all the characters recently.

rachel is so fucking fun. i'm never dropping her everrrrrr edit: oh yeah, thats what l came in here for :v: so guys in your opinions who are the absolute best rachel players? it dosent have to just be jp, l just wanna watch some vids of the best ones and get some more strats

Idk, I've never wanted to drop Rachel until this version.

My fave Rachels to watch: (us) kirbster and howling moon. (jp) memai, kure hane, hyaku shoku, arisa (although sometimes I feel arisa's opponents are a little weak)

l wanted to say 'excluding me', but l was afraid of how that might have sounded lol. hell it still sounds weird. (but l guess it wouldn't make any sense to exclude me since it's your opinion and not mine)

thanks. i'd definitely agree that arisa dosent really get to shine vs some of the better players in jp. but he improved a hell if a lot from cs2.

Idk, I've never wanted to drop Rachel until this version.

I feel bad for agreeing... T~T

Also, hello fellahs.

I was thinking Lambda. I dunno though, I'm taking a break from playing fighting games for a month or few. I'll decide when I come back.