Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gli

[CSE]The Rachel Sanctuary (Free for all, some posts NSFW) 8.0!

rachel mirrors are simple. you wait for the opponent to summon something then punish them with winded dash. fighting a lobelia war is frustrating, so i let them win that war and save my wind for the real damage during rushdown.

also, running away is a good option in this matchup...there's not a whole lot rachel can do if you just super jump backwards in the air if they're trying to do the whole lobelia spam then rush-down with pumpkin routine

the point of my strategy is if they try to summon after winning the lobelia war, then i punish the summon

point: trying to win a zoning war is typically a guessing game...punishing the other person for guessing wrong is a science

If you block a lobelia from long range, you can't punish their summon. It's way too + on block.

Alternatively they can use TK iris to lock you into blockstun from across the screen. Free summon as well. They'll have plenty of rods if you let them win a projectile war.

Zoning shouldn't be a guessing game, you should be reacting to what your opponent is doing.

I could ask you the same question, you know.

Good point, lol.

Everytime I get CH 6a'd, I'm like "so that's how it feels"....... this move is bullshit xD

lol, rachel's anti-air is awesome, especially now that it has head invuln. but it still loses to air summon pumpkin 2d hehe. once they get hit by that a couple times, they'll probably try to start trying to j.c counter hit (or air grab) you though, and that's painful

Ah yeah, 6A. I played against a Haku today, he was still able to hit me with his j.2C most of the time. It's easy against Valk now, but very hard against Haku.

Ok, so I'm going on ranked and making it to where I only fight people stronger than me. How long will it take until I get better?

When you stop netplaying :kitty:

Not really any other way for me to play here in the valley (no tournies)

My connection is really good but I'm about average, I want to be a pro.

Not really any other way for me to play here in the valley (no tournies)

My connection is really good but I'm about average, I want to be a pro.

Don't worry man I was just kidding. Try and find some really solid people online that you have a good connection with, add them and play against them regularly. If you find something you're having trouble winning against, watch your replays and see where you went wrong and learn from those mistakes.

Watching japanese and other high level play also helps with improving one's game.

Reading kro_'s CT Rachel guide, if you haven't already, is one thing every Rachel player should do imo.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?7488-Rachel-Alucard-Guide-Not-Getting-Enough-Hate

Combos and such are outdated for obvious reasons, but the zoning tips section is really helpful.

watching vids is how i learned the game, lol. matsu my teacher. kure hane and aoniku my inspirations to learn rachel.

side note...gli, the psr battle has begun. i reached 810 i think lol

i should pass vita in about 10 more matches so.... ^_^

lol, they managed to make psr even less significant in this game than it was in the last

also, no one good plays ranked...like ppl probs think i'm rq'ing to get 100% wins, but there are no good players on it. there's no reason to rq anyway, because your psr barely goes down when you lose

So regarding:

lv2 j.2c j.214a 1d 5cc

About 1/4 the time the dummy tends to slide past the frog, activate it, but not get hit. Has anyone found a way to get that part 100% of the time?

I've tried doing the combo quickly (to prevent the frog from moving too much) and slowly (to let the frog move closer before hitting 5cc), but I can't get the frog to catch the opponent consistently.

Reading kro_'s CT Rachel guide, if you haven't already, is one thing every Rachel player should do imo.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?7488-Rachel-Alucard-Guide-Not-Getting-Enough-Hate

Combos and such are outdated for obvious reasons, but the zoning tips section is really helpful.

It's hard to believe I used to care so much about getting good at this game. Every time I see new footage and feel like practicing hardcore again I prioritize sleep shortly after and then forget about it the next day. I guess I really have to be active in the tournament scene or have dedicated practice partners to keep up that motivation.

i'm pretty sure that happens because you're hitting them with 5cc when they're too high off the ground. try making sure they are lower to the ground before 5cc'ing them

and yeah, it doesn't take watching a video for me...it's every time i screw up my proration on my combo enders, so the opponent techs and i get ... 720'd...that inspires me to go to training mode to remind myself of how to play this game.

update: i am the best rachel psn. vita got nothin on me -_-

Thanks for that zoning guide, It was really helpful.

I'm having issues with the new j.2C cancel as well.

When i see pro rachels land it, it registers as a level 2 but when I do it it registers as a level 1. Is there any trick to the input?

jump cancel with 9 instead of 8.

I was only hitting like a third of my j2c's before because I jump canceled with 8 almost all the time. Now that I do it with 9 I pretty much don't miss them unless I'm derping

Ok I just had an arakune rage quit at the results screen.

his name is The_King_Slime His PSR rank was about 400 and mine is 111.

I beat him and he rage quit. I'm shaking I'm so pissed. I was putting the options on only fighting those stronger than me and lossed like a million times to get this hard fought win. A hard fought win that was robbed from under my belt.

I wish we had a rage quit thread to report these losers.