Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurushii

[CSE] Relius Clover - General Discussion "American Frame Traps"

Just thought I'd share something random I tried out today. When doing the 5B > 5C(2) > 236C > 214A > 66 > 6B > ji.236C > 2C > 6C > 4D > 3C corner combo, you can squeeze in a 5C(1) before the 6B pickup and add another 80 damage or so.

Edited for clarity.

Pretty sure this is the St1ckbug combo. But yeah, I use this and love it to death.

Two Questions

one, this combo

5B, 3C, 6D, IAD, j.B, j.C, 6B, j.B, j.236C, j.214B, AD, j.C [3065DMG/2600IGNIS/29+Heat]

The j.C leaves me on the other side of Makoto when she doesn't emergency tech. Am I the only one with this problem if you guys are familiar with the combo?

Two, what do you do when your opponent just doesn't tech? I played somewho would never tech until they were way into a blue beat combo, then they'd tech at some random ass spot and it'd be extremely hard to deal with. How do I deal with that?

Does Relius have a way to pick their ass back up and keep doing it so when they do decide to tech he'll be safe?

You mean like when you finish a combo, and they just lie there, and then when you oki them, it turns into a blue-beat hit of the same "combo" since they didn't tech? If they're doing it all the time, you can just wait a little longer after the knockdown, so that it counts as a new combo instead of the same one that you "dropped". If they start only doing it sometimes you need to call them out.

If it's still happening (mistimed the "reset" or something), and he isn't barrier guarding, since he's almost certainly in the air, you can call him out with an air unblockable after predicting which way he techs, or even try an airthrow or something.

Pretty sure this is the St1ckbug combo. But yeah, I use this and love it to death.

It's actually a slight addition to the St1ckBug combo. He just added another hit:

5B > 5C(2) > 236C > 214A > 66 > 5C(1) > 6B > TKj236C > 2C > 6C > 4D > 3C

Also if your opponent is not teching, in addition to what VonFox said, you can set up some strong oki that you normally wouldn't get depending on the combo ender (like 214C or something). A move like 214C will leave you with great + frames to continue pressure if they choose to delay their tech, and it is a very strong starter if they choose not to tech at all, since by the time it hits it will count as a new combo. What was your combo ender when this was happening and what move would blue beat afterwards?

l just got this crazy idea and l wanted to share it before l forgot. say you knock the foe down in point blank range. can you do led ley on wakeup, cross them up and still input ignis 6d or 2d, and ignis will still be facing the foe.

in theory 6/2d will hit meaty, led ley will go through dp's.

l just got this crazy idea and l wanted to share it before l forgot. say you knock the foe down in point blank range. can you do led ley on wakeup, cross them up and still input ignis 6d or 2d, and ignis will still be facing the foe.

You don't cross them up since you can't move during Led Ley and Ignis's attacks will only hit mid. But yes, you can Led Ley during their wakeup and bait a DP. Though, if you tried doing anything but 2D with Ignis she might get hit and you'll have to start the combo without her. Is that what you wanted to know?

Yea you can crossup with led ley it just requires dash startup and good timing. It'll be 66 > 236A~2D as a oki. I never used it in matches as I rather 214C or 214D oki. Kamoihito actually did a video months ago of doing your idea in actual ground combos to cross up and change direction.

Yea you can crossup with led ley it just requires dash startup and good timing. It'll be 66 > 236A~2D as a oki. I never used it in matches as I rather 214C or 214D oki. Kamoihito actually did a video months ago of doing your idea in actual ground combos to cross up and change direction.

wow, I didn't know you could cross up with Led Ley, i stand corrected

oh he did? do you possibly have a link to this?

Yeah, I too would like to see this. I'm having a hard time doing it myself.

Im at work atm. Remind me when im streaming tonight. You both know of Led Ley crossup with 236236D right? Do the super, iad over the opponent, dash up led ley right when Ignis does a hit.

Im at work atm. Remind me when im streaming tonight. You both know of Led Ley crossup with 236236D right? Do the super, iad over the opponent, dash up led ley right when Ignis does a hit.

Yeah but Ignis is pushing your opponent into you. It's different when you're just running through them with Led Ley and no help from Ignis. I know you can 2D, Led Ley and switch sides, and 236D, Led Ley and do the same. But I've never seen someone run in and use it to switch sides alone.

derp

<3 But yea guys ill look it up when I get off. I believe it only works when they are teching or wakeup with a input that moves them forward. If someone wants to test and correct me feel free to.

I keep forgetting to try letting somebody fall from 4d in the corner into me as I led ley to see where it puts them or the restrictions on it.

I MISSED THE STREAM! Did we ever find out if you can cross someone up with Led Ley alone?

I tried briefly. Didn't put too much time testing. Doesn't seem like you can do it alone. Requires either Ignis to pull/push them into you or the opponent to use a attack that moves them forward (plenty of wakeup reversals that do so). Here's the Kamoihito vid I spoke of which uses 2D to pull: http://twitvid.com/1MOXU

I tried briefly. Didn't put too much time testing. Doesn't seem like you can do it alone. Requires either Ignis to pull/push them into you or the opponent to use a attack that moves them forward (plenty of wakeup reversals that do so). Here's the Kamoihito vid I spoke of which uses 2D to pull: http://twitvid.com/1MOXU

alright, how do you think using led ley to switch sides would fair during a block string? I've never seen anyone do it and Led Ley seems way to long for it to be problematic for anyone.

alright, how do you think using led ley to switch sides would fair during a block string? I've never seen anyone do it and Led Ley seems way to long for it to be problematic for anyone.

Besides a blocked 236236D I only ever used Led Ley after the following:

3C > 214C (blocked) > iad over > dash Led Ley > 2A. It's a very small window. Maybe 236D?

Besides a blocked 236236D I only ever used Led Ley after the following:

3C > 214C (blocked) > iad over > dash Led Ley > 2A. It's a very small window. Maybe 236D?

I'll have to try that 214C trick. And while 236D does have somewhat of a vacuum effect it's pretty hard to get a cross up with Led Ley during it I've tried that and got it once maybe? Though, not as tough as j.DD lol. I wanna see Dusk wreak havoc with that mixup.

I didn't see this listed in the technical or combo threads (and it isn't on the wiki), so I'll just post Kaigu's gold burst combo he did in a vid that someone posted recently:

Gold Burst-2C-6C-214A-66-6B-sj.B-dj.B-j.C-j.236C-j.214B

If you want to save an AD, you can do j.8D-j.236C-j.214B instead, or cut out the j.8D altogether.

I didn't see this listed in the technical or combo threads (and it isn't on the wiki), so I'll just post Kaigu's gold burst combo he did in a vid that someone posted recently:

Gold Burst-2C-6C-214A-66-6B-sj.B-dj.B-j.C-j.236C-j.214B

If you want to save an AD, you can do j.8D-j.236C-j.214B instead, or cut out the j.8D altogether.

Yeah, Is it respectable for a gold burst combo? or Should we just stick with one that saves more ignis meter?