Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurushii

[CSE] Relius Clover - General Discussion "American Frame Traps"

It works but it also comes with risk, as does almost every mix-up. I wouldn't be surprised if people could just up-back or 5A you out of it. People don't usually mash after 3C from my experience but yeah, just saying.

It's good to run stuff like this occasionally but not all the time. You wouldn't want to get to the point where you're telegraphed with very large gaps in your pressure.

This crossup is extremely weird. You can block it all by holding down back in whatever position you started in assuming you feigned the crossup (even after you've landed on the other side and started swinging). Ignis is the only one really in risk of being hit with 5A or something. There are other ways of getting to Relius but you'd have to know that crossup was coming. But yeah, due to some weird ass hitboxes, this crossup won't always work.

Hey Relius mains

How's unblockables

When we try them, we have to pray that they don't move the entire time, unless you do the shadow unblockable, in which you have to pray they don't do a super/DP

Hey Relius mains

How's unblockables

tbh, i dont use them all that much til i train my opponent to neutral tech block rather than neutral tech/hit buttons/upback,reversal,etc. Even still i personally don't get around to doing much unblockables

Alright, another question about approaching. I've yet to test this but I'm wondering if anyone else already knows the outcome.

In most matches I use 214A then dash in to try and start pressure on my opponent. But their attack usually always seems to beat mine. So, would it be advisory to do a second 214A? What I'm hoping will happen is that my opponent will either hit or get hit by Ignis, then I jump in on them. At that point I'll be close enough for 6B to work and can pretty much do any combo assuming something landed a hit. If not I'd just start looking for a confirm. What might happen which happens to me a lot, is I'll go to bait an attack and punish it with j.2D. Instead, Ignis just gets hit and a second later Relius does too. Either way, this uses a good amount of Ignis's meter and doesn't leave much to do anything with. But that's beside the point. Does this work?

Also, will dashing inside of 214A shield me from projectiles? Can I just 214A, dash, 214A, dash, 214A until I reach my destination? Or will the gap in 214A be the end of me?

I'll find out more tomorrow when I can test it. But yeah, thoughts?

Edit: so to answer my own question. It's safe against projectiles, but your opponent will probably hit ignis then you a second later. However, if you can figure out how to punish them for hitting Ignis, more power to you. I'm still working on that but Thanks to Jyosua and his stream, I was able to test that.

For approaching, 214A > 6D and 214A > 2D are good options. 6D is usually used to keep them from moving, while 2D is used to beat them trying to hit Ignis out of her recovery (at least in my experience). 2D can also be used to keep them in place, just at the cost of more wife meter.

In some zoning-heavy match-ups, 214A > 214C and 214A > 4D prove useful as well because the moves are some of Ignis's longer-active ones: the longer Ignis is active, potentially, the more projectiles she can guard-point.

Of course there is no end-all answer to neutral that will deal with everything your opponent does. Feel them out in neutral and adapt.

"Un-blockables" or "50/50's" require respect. I'll only use them against someone that doesn't know what my Oki options are after certain enders.

In some zoning-heavy match-ups, 214A > 214C and 214A > 4D prove useful as well because the moves are some of Ignis's longer-active ones: the longer Ignis is active, potentially, the more projectiles she can guard-point.

This brings up something.

I think 214A has a higher projectile level than 214C. Can anyone else confirm/deny this?

Overall 214A seems to be the more reliable projectile. I'm not 100% on the level of both but its proven to be the more useful of the two for most situations.

The Relius Symposium will be this Thursday, starting at 9PM EST. It will last until I fall asleep while playing or we run out of stuff to go over.

http://www.twitch.tv/St1ckBuG

Bring technology, match-videos and questions. I'd be nice if all the Relius regulars could make it!

Hey guys! New Relius/BB player here. I'll definitely be around for the stream, Mr. Bug. Looking forward to it!

just want to shout out to siefer for leaving comments on video posting thread

@K2: Thanks!

New corner gold combo I saw Kaigu do (and thus will steal). It looks easier to do than the one I posted before, and it does more damage...so yea...

Gold Burst-2C-6C-214A-sj.B-j.C-j.236C-j.214A-j.C-5C-4D-236C-214A-66-3C-(ender, he did 236C oki).

Does 3.4kish. I haven't tested this out myself, but he did do the initial 2C fairly close to the ground, I don't know if that's a requirement or not. Regardless, no timing on 236C nonsense like the other combo I posted.

Hm, Kaigu did an interesting oki variant that may be effective against wake-up DP. I haven't tested this yet, and probably won't get to until tomorrow though, so if someone else would like to test the viability of this, please do so.

He would do a standard corner combo, but instead of ending with 3C, he would end with 4D, he would cross under them, do 214C, and then do 236A to "push" himself through them to create a weird blocking situation. In theory, the 236A should protect him from wake-up DP (although they can still hit Ignis, and if they can do it, they can RC the hit on Ignis), and if they decide to block it, you get a weird blocking situation that puts you right back into pressure. I'll test the viability of this on Thursday or Friday, but what do you guys think?

theory but it seems like wakeup throw would ruin the setup. did the 214c hit meaty (as soon as the foe teched)? better yet is there a link to this setup.

Hm, Kaigu did an interesting oki variant that may be effective against wake-up DP. I haven't tested this yet, and probably won't get to until tomorrow though, so if someone else would like to test the viability of this, please do so.

He would do a standard corner combo, but instead of ending with 3C, he would end with 4D, he would cross under them, do 214C, and then do 236A to "push" himself through them to create a weird blocking situation. In theory, the 236A should protect him from wake-up DP (although they can still hit Ignis, and if they can do it, they can RC the hit on Ignis), and if they decide to block it, you get a weird blocking situation that puts you right back into pressure. I'll test the viability of this on Thursday or Friday, but what do you guys think?

I haven't been able to test it yet, but are you supposed to do the 214C so Ignis is traveling out of the corner? Also does this setup allow you to choose what side of you they land on? If so, this would be very useful.

OH NO Kaigu's setups are being EXPOSED.... i'm going to give you guys a hint though.

It would be really hard to throw Relius while Ignus is doing 214C...

There is so much tech with this character, get creative guys!

Damn you Huey, stealing my thunder of me stealing stuff from Kaigu.

Sorry for not responding earlier guys, I've been busy the last few days.

http://www.twitch.tv/huey253/b/313073941

I haven't watched all of it (almost 5 hours...), but he begins doing it against the Makoto player (he plays against Lambda first). He also does it to Huey too, and puts up a pretty strong fight against Huey in general, but he didn't seem to be using it as much as against the Makoto player. Both the Makoto player and Huey respect it though without trying to get out of it, so I assume it's fairly safe, but I'll still be testing it myself anyway.

EDIT: I just skimmed through the whole thing and Kaigu only plays in the beginning. I'll post specific times up through an edit of when he actually does this though.

EDIT 2: Kaigu begins playing against Makoto 22:30. The first time he does this is at 29:14. The full combo he did prior to the set-up was:

632146C-236C-214A-66-6B-TK j.236C-2C-6C-4D-cross under

I tested this out just now. First off, you can't wake-up throw because the 214C is hitting meaty. Now, unless I am timing this wrong, if you do wake up DP off an immediate tech, this set up is safe to DP, although like I said, you'll hit Ignis. Interestingly enough (unless I'm doing this wrong), you can slightly delay the tech and DP Relius during his CH frames at the end of Led Ley, without being tagged by Ignis 214C OTG. I could be doing this wrong, but a slight delay tech, and then DP the CH frames of Led Ley seems to counter this.

I did that once by accident when I crossed up my opponent by mistake in the corner while experimenting with weird stuff after 4D, so 236C~214A came out as 214C -> Led Ley. Ignis is still on the side of the opponent away from the corner, so when you do 214C she pushes them towards the corner, and Led Leying makes them pass through you, making a weird left/right block mixup, and putting them back into the corner.

I meant to play around with it but actually forgot about it until Siefer brought it up.

The best person to write that out would probably be St1ckbug himself. I didn't stay until the end, but I believe the general stuff was:

-Relius pros and cons.

-Relius normals worth using.

-Relius at neutral.

-Fuzzy guard discussion, and how Relius doesn't have one.

-Relius pressure/mixup options.

-Oki (including how Kaigu's oki setup can be blown up by rolling out unless you're Tager).

-Combo theory (including troll combos suggested by Kaigu, and Mikami's virtually full-screen carry swag).

-?