Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurushii

[CSE] Relius Clover - General Discussion "American Frame Traps"

Is there a video of the Relius symposium? I'm thinking of making a combo/strat vid and don't want to duplicate a lot of things if they've already been seen.

new? l dunno...

(corner) throw (dash) 5b 2c delay 6c delay 236c dash 5b 6b jb djb jc j,236c 214b

3.3k, IC-1000. didnt check heat.

new? l dunno...

(corner) throw (dash) 5b 2c delay 6c delay 236c dash 5b 6b jb djb jc j,236c 214b

3.3k, IC-1000. didnt check heat.

Is it possible to go into dash 5B > 6B > j236C > 2C > 6C > 4D > oki out of the 236C in the combo you listed, even with 6C having some repeat proration? It would use just a little more IC and allow for a better variety of oki.

no. theres a specific number of hits before 6b j.236c will not work.. its like 4 hits in, so the added 5b 6b ruins it. maybe after the first 236c, you can do dash 5c j.c j.236c j.214a j.c 5c stuff

that's pickles lol. hmm he's pretty solid, didn't notice until just now. o.0

so uh... what does relius have for oki :psyduck: i've been using val tus on wakeup for months, and only until a few minutes ago did someone have the gall to actually forward roll out of the corner before the first hit. l was so mindfucked (l was under the guise that tus beat forward rolls) that l went to training mode to test myself. lo and behold, the shit dosent work.

lgnis deserves a smack for her incompetence. lf l were relius right now...

...but l remember seeing it beat forward rolls before! maybe it's char specific? but anyway, any oki setups midscreen/corner will do, maybe a crossup setup or two. i'm about to pull an all-nighter watching relius players till l get something

This is how I feel when a burst forces Ignis meter into slow recovery. Also I should stop using 214B everytime I knock someone away with Id>Haas. My opponents are rarely dumb enough to tech backwards.

so uh... what does relius have for oki :psyduck: i've been using val tus on wakeup for months, and only until a few minutes ago did someone have the gall to actually forward roll out of the corner before the first hit. l was so mindfucked (l was under the guise that tus beat forward rolls) that l went to training mode to test myself. lo and behold, the shit dosent work.

...but l remember seeing it beat forward rolls before! maybe it's char specific? but anyway, any oki setups midscreen/corner will do, maybe a crossup setup or two. i'm about to pull an all-nighter watching relius players till l get something

It beats forward rolls as long as you're not too close to them when you input it. If you are using 236C > 214C oki, then try backing up a little (or even backdashing depending on the spacing) when the opponent is falling from a 4D before doing whatever move you use to gatling into 236C.

Of course, this is assuming you're using xx > 4D > 2/3C > 236C > 214C oki. Regardless, try backing up before going for your oki if you can get a chance and it should work.

^l am doing this. haven't tried 2c 236c 214c oki yet, that could be interesting to try as long as the foe still gets knocked down such as 3c 236c.

derp, decided to take a look in the other threads and found just what l needed :)

I feel that the only change Relius needs is a buff to his mix-up. This will literally solve ALL his problems apart from his intended weakness, which should be kept. This is the only change I want Arcsys to make to him next BB, he's pretty much perfect apart from that. Honestly, I would be okay with a slight damage nerf if he gets better mix-up

More people need to start abusing Duo Bios, that super is his best tool by far and his absurd meter gain with Ignis-active combos really lets him abuse it. This character is far stronger than I first gave him credit for and any other drastic changes would make him far too good.

Duo Bios after 236c oki in the corner is pretty much guranteed. If they late neutral tech you wait until you see them tech before inputting the super, if they roll after you activate it you are at a perfect distance to pick them up with 5c/2b/2a into a combo and if they respect like they should do you get a lot of free-time to mix them up. His mix-up is also very ambiguous during Duo Bios.

Better yet, the meter-building penalty actually runs out during the duration of Duo Bios, meaning that you can build another 15-25 meter, maybe even more, if you successfully mix them up. If you do hit them, follow-it up with 6c>236c if you have enough meter for another Duo Bios (which usually results in death) or if you want solid oki. Go with 6c>236c>haas>ender for damage.

Mix-ups in Duo Bios:

Midscreen:

Raw 6a after start-up or anything>6a.

Jump over them to the other side. This can be followed up by dash Led Ley for a cross through.

Jump just over their head and then air-dash back for a fake cross-up.

Empty jump low.

Empty jump 6a for a fake empty jump low, these two options alone create a nasty 50/50.

Jump towards them, then as soon as you about to touch the ground, airdash J.b>J.c for a fake empty jump low into double overhead. This is also hard to react to and can be used with 2d normally.

Green throw in between the last few hits of Duo Bios, this only works once or twice, but it can be used to catch people off guard.

In the corner you can do everything on this list besides:

Jump over them to the other side. This can be followed up by dash Led Ley for a cross through.

Jump just over their head and then air-dash back for a fake cross-up.

A character specific mix-up on Tager is J.c instant overhead, this is completely unreactable with the threat of 2b there as well. This instant overhead can also be performed on Tager after 2d, it can also be comboed off.

so is 214d completely useless or what.

Decent for catching backrolls from midscreen knockdown situations.

I also use it every now and then in unblockable setups in the corner. xx > 4D > 3C > 214D > 3C (214D hits)

It can be used to beat everything but delay tech and reversals. Just make sure you're at about the max range of the first 3C in order for it to beat roll techs properly.

With the loketests right around the corner, I'll be making a thread to keep track of the Relius loketest changes/discussion as soon as we start to see some info on him pile up so we can keep track of it easier.

It's too bad the trailer didn't show us anything new with him, but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough if he's got any new tricks up his sleeve.

EDIT: We got two new special moves.

so it looks like they took out duo bios, he now has la campanella, and unknown 41236 b. probably a command grab from the notation, it's stands out from his other specials so it has to be more uh... specialized.

la campanella probably means ignis can possibly move away from relius for better positioning. it could be the 'ignis deploy' special rather than a teleport. this is all speculation btw