Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurushii

[CSE] Relius Clover - General Discussion "American Frame Traps"

With the loketests right around the corner, I'll be making a thread to keep track of the Relius loketest changes/discussion as soon as we start to see some info on him pile up so we can keep track of it easier.

It's too bad the trailer didn't show us anything new with him, but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough if he's got any new tricks up his sleeve.

EDIT: We got two new special moves.

Lets hope they didnt or dont shit on this character last minute as they did in Extend

I don't know man, as hard as it was to get in with Relius, once he got in he was able to keep solid pressure even from fullscreen away.

so it looks like they took out duo bios, he now has la campanella, and unknown 41236 b. probably a command grab from the notation, it's stands out from his other specials so it has to be more uh... specialized.

la campanella probably means ignis can possibly move away from relius for better positioning. it could be the 'ignis deploy' special rather than a teleport. this is all speculation btw

If they took out duo bios, do we know what replaced it? It says he's still got a 236236D super, so he must have something new. I'm personally hoping for a super that refills Ignis' meter, but that seems unlikely.

Also it will be gdlk if 41236B is a command grab.

@toasty l didnt see 236236 l read it as 632146d. yea duo bios is stll in. sorry if l gave you a scare lol.

also, yes, relius' pressure was long and airtight but he doesn't have much to open the foe up. any good player would gladly ib, downback and watch for a throw/slow ass overhead.

@toasty l didnt see 236236 l read it as 632146d. yea duo bios is stll in. sorry if l gave you a scare lol.

also, yes, relius' pressure was long and airtight but he doesn't have much to open the foe up. any good player would gladly ib, downback and watch for a throw/slow ass overhead.

Haha no worries. I was kinda excited about possibly getting a new super moreso than I was concerned about losing duo bios lol.

And yeah, his pressure does need stronger mixup options to go with it. Against good players, I often have to use a ton of IC while taking risks just to get by their defense.

We got Eddie drills apparently.

I am so fucking happy right now, the only other change I want is a faster 6a/command grab.

Yes Geara Lugia sounds like a very useful move, apparantly the other new move is another one Relius can do on his own so it's good to see his solo moveset buffed up.

I'm not the only one who thought he looked like a masked gorilla then lol.

One day Relius' testing with splicing DNA took a turn for the worse....

On a different note, Relius drills confirmed for hitting low is ten different shades of amazing.

Probably a combo tool to make solo Relius a little less useless.

Maybe you can do stuff like 5B-5C-41236B-236C now.

It's pretty slow apparantly so probably bad to use it in pressure unless you have Ignis out.

Actually that may be an idea, it could have a vacuum effect to compensate for the awful range on his C normals.

(It could also be a command grab involving that move but that's just my wishful thinking)

Wow, it's ironic I said that....because it's been reported Relius has a new normal that acts like Valk's 6B.

Lol that sounds amazing. Maybe the swiss army knife may just be a command grab after all! :0

Relius is getting better and better everytime I hear something new.

Relius performs both of his new moves in this video:

http://youtu.be/rXigisG7TLc

Yeah, it was Gad Leis, whoever said it was a new normal got it wrong I think or it was poorly translated.

Oh my goodness that move looks awesome, it isn't as slow as I thought it'd be and the fact that it connects off of normals (in the air at least) is really cool. This could be key in reducing the Ignis consumption in his corner combos as well as providing a more damaging combo route. /hype

Geara Lugia (or whatever the drilly thing's called) seems interesting too, its start-up isn't too bad and it seems quite big.

CP Relius can't come soon enough.

What are these "american frame traps."

Any highly unsafe normal on block (like 2C or 6C) into 2D/6D.

It works at times though lol. A gimmicky thing is whiff 2c and when they dash into to punish it 6d, it's kinda funny to hit people with especially with 100p1 on 6d.

I hope Gad Leis is about as plus on block as Valk's 6B. That will make resetting his pressure not as dependent on Ignis as it is right now.

Both of his new moves look like they will have so much utility. I hope we see more of Geara Lugia in any upcoming vids, since we haven't seen it hit the opponent yet.

Anymore news on Relius? If anyone has a link to the JBBS I would happily try to scrounge up any info I can with google translate. :lol: