Sign in to follow this  
DaiAndOh

[CSE] Bang Gameplay and Video Discussion and Questions

It seems to me that every Bang's aerial moves have been buffed with better hitbox and better priorities, espacially jA. But yeah I got the feeling that jB's hitbox is a bit longer now, as I can hit my opponent with air :v

I have been meaning to ask this for awhile now but i just never got around to it. So in a 2A crossunder situation if you activate your barrier you will crossunder the opponent and recover much faster than if you did 2A. So i was wondering if this is legit or better than 2A crossunder, and i also wanted a few opinions on the matter. Anyway this isn't new to Ex Bang but i have seen Dora do it a couple times.

Personally, it doesn't seem to have really any downsides to it, so I would say it's better. I haven't tested it out myself personally, but it seems just to be the same, if not better so it's something else to learn into muscle memory.

Two questions:

Is it bad to lean on 5B to fish for a hit or always 5 or 2A? Does the shortness of them really balance out their speed? How do I get more confident using A instead of B when outmatched in speed or range?

5b is a good poke with a decent hitbox, but there are times when 5b is too slow to be help. 5a is 6 frames which is pretty fast considering it hits both crouching and standing so it's pretty good for that.

If you're out of range and you can't get a poke in fast enough, there are times where you just block or try and get out there. I personally think you can use 5a when you're up close and close enough to use it.

just find a gold burst mind OS: 5A 2A~6D, you have to input the 6D almost at the same moment as you do your 2A. Also, you have to input 5A 2A really quickly, if you don't, the gold burst will eat your 2A, and, 6D won't come out.

P.S: this is a variant of the 5A 5B~6D 2B that was already posted quite a long moment ago.

Btw, if you want to bait gold burst, there's an easier option select a lot less risky: 5A 2A. You have to input 2A as soon as possible, if they gold burst, your 2A won't come out and you'll be able to block the gold burst. REMEMBER: gold burst is positive on block, it's even +1 if you IB it, so don't be too greedy and respect your opponent gold burst.

I guess it works the same way with 5A 5B.

6C jD on Valk? It seems pretty random though.

Edited by BenB

Can someone direct me to a section to where I can learn about how to use Bang's drives practically?

I try to use them like Makoto's and I just eat CH combos :v:

Can someone direct me to a section to where I can learn about how to use Bang's drives practically?

I try to use them like Makoto's and I just eat CH combos :v:

Using Bang's Drive is more like Hakumen's Drive if anything, nothing like Makoto's.

In theory you would want to use them on reaction to certain attacks which means knowing the properties of each one. 6D has guard point on frame 1 to mids/lows which means you can sort of use it as a ghetto reversal but it can get beat, so don't try spamming it (although that works for others....)

Besides that, you should think about which teleport is most effective in the current situation. So maybe instead of trying to teleport close and land a hit, you might want to just teleport away (out of the corner), and just go back to neutral OR not teleport at all.

The other thing to keep in mind is knowing what you can cancel into from each one on block/hit, although it is kind of cut and dry. 5D/6D are special cancel, jump cancel on hit, or rapid cancel. 2D is jump cancel or rapid cancel. j.D is jump cancel on hit or rapid cancel. So pretty much for 5D/6D you'll have to cancel into 623B or nothing, 2D you'll be jump canceling (which means you could TK D Nails), and j.D you're basically stuck.

Other uses would be knowing that you can actually gatling into drives off certain attacks but the practical applications of that more or less comes down to reading your opponent and knowing if they are gonna try and press buttons.

The last use would be to possibly punish wake up DPs if you make the right read.

thanks bro.

Are there specific amounts of hits they take. I remember just mashing my way through a bang's 6d.

thanks bro.

Are there specific amounts of hits they take. I remember just mashing my way through a bang's 6d.

Not really a number of "hits", but frames. It would probably be better for you to just read the frame data for that kinda stuff though.

Ok I was playing online n found something a little funny, I done steel rain then command grab, he never broke the grab but teched half way through instead due to steel rain hitting him, but when bang done the last hit of the command grab it hit him anyway, totally random jus thought to share with u all

Ok I was playing online n found something a little funny, I done steel rain then command grab, he never broke the grab but teched half way through instead due to steel rain hitting him, but when bang done the last hit of the command grab it hit him anyway, totally random jus thought to share with u all

yeah, that's been around since CS. Not something you want to use too often since it's pretty gimmicky as it is a purple grab. Still, if you can get it on someone, more power to you. You should try it with daifunka as well and see what happens. :D

I know about dafunka trick, lik I said it was jus wierd he was on the otherwise of the screen, but it won me the match tho

Sorry for the double post, but a little trick or 2 I have been using thought to share, first is if u have 100 heat n combo into dafunka they always seem to netural tech, n a steel rain after helps beat those mashers, it works wonders for me if they block u get a free mixup. 2nd is after 3 seal combo on the 5d, if u sj they will tech in the air go for throw or j4c, I find this useful a lot if it hits on a ch jd, combo or throw combo, anymore little tips and tricks like this I would like to know.

Edited by DaiAndOh
Double posting? In mah board?

I managed to find a video of my game play, I'd appreciate any input and advice please.

m.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google&v=Rpv45IfcoCM

When should you use guardpoint? Everytime I do, all the opponent does is continue their combo and I get hit anyway since they autoturn =_= And it's annoying how even if it lands, it sometimes doesn't register as CH. :/

Edited by Assassin Cross

When should you use guardpoint? Everytime I do, all the opponent does is continue their combo and I get hit anyway since they autoturn =_= And it's annoying how even if it lands, it sometimes doesn't register as CH. :/

You can use 2D to try and react to overheads or as an unreliable anti-air.

You can use 6D to potentially get out of pressure since it has guard point on frame 1 to lows/mids, so you could guard point and C teleport out to get away or teleport close to try and hit them anyway.

You can use 5D to react to slow moves at neutral (NOT lows) or during pressure, but realize you don't get very good combos off it.

You can use j.D to possibly beat out anti-airs but don't expect it to work all the time.

You mostly want to use them against things that are slow and that you can react to and hopefully against things that the opponent can't immediately cancel out of (particularly into throw). Just remember that getting away from the opponent can be just as good or better than attempting to hit them after a guard point. They are not reliable moves to use unless you absolutely know it will punish whatever they are doing at the time.

Edited by zeth07
typo

You can use 2D to try and react to overheads or as an unreliable anti-air.

You can use 6D to potentially get out of pressure since it has guard point on frame 1 to lows/mids, so you could guard point and C teleport out to get away or teleport close to try and hit them anyway.

You can use 5D to react to slow moves at neutral (NOT lows) or during pressure, but realize you don't get very good combos off it.

You can use j.D to possibly beat out anti-airs but don't expect it to work all the time.

You mostly want to use them against things that are slow and that you can react to and hopefully against things that the opponent can't immediately cancel out of (particularly into throw). Just remember that getting away from the opponent can be just as good or better than attempting to hit them after a guard point. They are not reliable moves to use unless you absolutely know it will punish whatever they are doing at the time.

Any advice on the use of the command grab? it will go pink if you cancel any normal move with it right?
Maining Bang I love his command grab that being said. After (If they only emergency tech or * quick get up) 2C knockdown, 5A,2A (delay) you command grab on the ground also for air command grab (same as before quick get up or recovery) a nice reset into the air command grab would be a combo like(you have to be in the corner for this combo) 5A, 5B, 2B, 2C, 623B (Super crash) 5B and then 623B and 5B again by that time your opponent will instantly tech and then you can TK (tiger knee basically input a jump and 623C very quickly example would be bang's D Nails!) command grab in the air! You wanna know more let me know!

P.S. that last one is very hard may take some time in the lab but it feels great when done correctly!

Sign in to follow this