Sign in to follow this  
DaiAndOh

[CSE] Bang Combo Posting and Discussion Updated with Bnb!

Hey everyone, Im new to bang and this game and was wondering about this corner combo: 5A>5B>2B>2C>623B>5B>6C>j.4C>j.623B>dash under>5B>2B>j.B>j.4C>dj.C = [3,367] / 41 Heat

When i try to do the dash under i either get there a little too late or i stay on the corner side. Is there something specific im supposed to do, BTW im trying it on Ragna.

After you do the 623B, you want to hit them as early as possible with the 5B, so that they are higher up above you going into the rest of it. This gives you a bit more time to dash under and helps you avoid not dashing under properly. Although it's really not noticeable and may not even matter.

Another thing you could try if you aren't already is do a 9j.4C after the 6C so that you are more into the corner, instead of a neutral j.4C. It works with either one of them, but maybe one or the other will help you with the timing.

You want to do the first j.4C as early as possible after 6C, meaning you won't even see the actual jump part of it.

The third 5B is also a little timing dependent because if you hit them too early as they are falling the 2B will whiff, but if you're too late you will whiff 5B entirely and they till tech. Just in case you come across this problem.

That's all the stuff I could think of for that combo that may give you trouble.

The easiest thing to do is to do ...5B > 6C > 7j.4C > j.623B > 5B > etc... That way you won't have to dash under, just wait for them to fall. I ''invented'' it for myself (the first time I saw it used in a match or CV was about month later) after having the same problem. It's so much easier. :)

The easiest thing to do is to do ...5B > 6C > 7j.4C > j.623B > 5B > etc... That way you won't have to dash under, just wait for them to fall. I ''invented'' it for myself (the first time I saw it used in a match or CV was about month later) after having the same problem. It's so much easier. :)

I would highly recommend this as well, as it is what I do. I wanted to answer the initial question instead of providing an alternative first.

If you do decide to do this instead, the third 5B will feel much more timing dependent if you choose to go into 2B. You could choose to go into an air combo off 5B which will be much easier but do less damage (which is what I do.)

Also it should be noted that the 7j.4C should actually be delayed slightly or else the spacing will be messed up.

Couple of combos I made, how good/optimized are them?

P2 starting position:

623C(2) RC (5C) 6A (JC) j.B j.4C IAD j.4C j.623B dash 6D 623B 2B 6C (JC) j.4C j.C

Damage:3700 Heatgain:25

Corner:

FC j.623B 5B 5C 6D 623D 5B 5C 6A (JC) j.B j.4C j.C 5A 2B (HJC) j.A j.B j.4C (JC) j.4C j.C

Damage:5249

Anything good with Fatal 623B btw?

Couple of combos I made, how good/optimized are them?

P2 starting position:

623C(2) RC (5C) 6A (JC) j.B j.4C IAD j.4C j.623B dash 6D 623B 2B 6C (JC) j.4C j.C

Damage:3700 Heatgain:25

Corner:

FC j.623B 5B 5C 6D 623D 5B 5C 6A (JC) j.B j.4C j.C 5A 2B (HJC) j.A j.B j.4C (JC) j.4C j.C

Damage:5249

Anything good with Fatal 623B btw?

There were some pretty good ones from one of the tutorial videos a while back:

(50%) Ground Command Throw>RC 2nd “hit”>Backwards Air Dash>d.3C>2B>6C>j.4C>j.623B>d.6D>623B>2B>5B>j.A>j.B>j.4C>dj.4C>dj.C = [4,104] / 34 Heat / 1 Seal / (Note: Can Air Dash Forward if facing the other direction of the corner for this to work as well)

The timing is pretty tricky for that I guess but you can try it out and see if you like it instead since it does more damage.

And these:

"P2 Starting Position"

(FC) j.623B>d.6C>j.B>j.4C>j.C>5A>623B>d.6C>j.B>j.4C>j.C>5A>5B>j.A>j.B>j.4C>dj.4C>dj.C = [4,824] / 49 Heat

(FC) j.623B>d.6C>j.B>j.4C>j.C>5A>623B>d.2B>5B>9j.B>j.4C>8dj.B>dj.4C>dj.C>B Nail>5A>Explosion>5C>6D>Ashura = [5,717] / 51 Heat / Needs 1 Nail

You can probably get that second one to work in the corner as well, but I don't remember.

"Corner"

(FC) j.623B>d.5B>5C>2C>623B>d.5B>5C>6A>j.B>j.4C>j.C>5A>5B>j.A>j.B>j.4C>dj.4C>dj.C = [5,238] / 51 Heat

That one is almost identical to the one you got except it is 2C instead of 6D and 5B instead of 2B but does slightly less damage. But if that other one from mid-screen can work in the corner then there's no reason to not do that other one instead.

Here's the video from back in March if you want to reference it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAgcfKkSjDQ&feature=youtu.be

Variation of Sexy Dora combo

FC j.623B > 5B > 5C > 2C > 623B > 2B > 5B > 9j.B > j.4C > 8j.B > j.4C > j.C > j.236B > land > 5A > 6D > j.236C > j.D > j.236C > 6D > 5D (there is probably j.236C between 6D and 5D but Dora forgot to add it)

I forgot the damage and I haven't got past j.D > j.236C because I was too lazy to practice, but it should be possible in theory.

Edited by zdravkelja

Awesome, needed some kinda of reference to get the combos down. Ty Zeth

Gonna stick with non-FRKZ Bang anyway, Dora doesn't care much about it too it seems. lol

Nezu in other hand...

Edited by Tong

If you aren't close enough to the wall/you want a somewhat fullscreen carry out of FC j.623B

FCj623B > 6C > jB > j4C > jC > 5A > 2B > j4C > IAD j4C > jC > 5A > 5B > jA >jB > j4C > j4C > jC

I'm pretty sure you can add a j236A before the first 5A.

Combo from Ashura RC on the corner

Ashura RC > 2B > tk j623B > 5C > 2C > 623B > 2B > 6C > j4C > jC

If you aren't facing the corner

Ashura RC > j4B > 2B > tk j623B > 5C > 2C > 623B > 2B > 6C > j4C > jC

Sorry if any of those were already posted.

Is it possible to figure out a SMP Combo for Bang?

Just imagine the Double Palm loop damage.

Short answer is probably no.

If my understanding of it is that it has to have 10 "unique" SMP moves for it to work then it is a definite no. 2C,5D,6D, both fire punches, and possibly 2D and j.D are all we have, so that's 5 or 7 unique ones if we consider using FRKZ. If you can use any number of them to equal 10 then MAYBE it is possible but unlikely. Outside of that, even if it was still somehow possible it would probably need 2 Gold Bursts + 100% Heat + Fatal Counter, which means it won't be practical. I'd be surprised if someone finds one, but only slightly surprised if it requires all those variables.

While some of them combos are ridiculous in more ways than one, Bang's FRKZ loops are close enough to it and are practical. Being able to do 10-13 or more j.4C's in one combo is pretty crazy in itself and they build enough heat for Ashura ender, so if you want to do a combo like those SMP ones just do that, lol.

But some of them SMP combos are just plain silly regardless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adi4jPDLnsk

Here you go. A FCj623B combo that does 6.2k (with the poison damage), and 55 meter (for the daifunka).

FCj623B>6C>JB>J4C>JC>Anail>A>623B>B>JB>J4C>JB>J4C>JC>Bnail>A>boom>C>Cnail>C>6D>Daifunka

It doesn't work on Makoto and Litchi.

To make it "work" against" Makoto, do Ashura instead of daifunka.

There are no way to make it work on Litchi since the relaunch doesn't work on her.

Edited by BenB
What's a Cnaim

I have to say these are some really interesting j.623B FC combos. Very cool. Thanks for making the vid !

Edited by kaeru

http://superscience890.blogspot.com/p/combo-video-transcript.html

Here's the transcript for my combo video

Thank you so much Kaeru for the FRKZ loop.

None of the combos are very practical except for maybe the B-Nail oki setup and the combo for all drives. I believe for that combo, you can actually end in j.C after the 2D instead of using Ashura, so you get oki afterwards which is always nice.

I need help with this combo 5A 5B 2B 6C JB J4C JC is there a dash here to land 5A 5B JA J4C (jc) J4C JC it never seems to land.

The only real suggestion I can make is to slightly delay the j.C. Besides that, you could practice on characters like Ragna/Jin/Noel because you don't need to do the dash against them if you hit them close range. That way you can see that it works while also at least trying to do the dash. I believe it doesn't work on Litchi though.

It's really just a timing thing that you have to figure out.

Try doing this:

As soon Bang is next to landing, input dash. Then, wait a lil' bit and input 5A. Just do it without thinking much to get the feeling.

The only real suggestion I can make is to slightly delay the j.C. Besides that, you could practice on characters like Ragna/Jin/Noel because you don't need to do the dash against them if you hit them close range. That way you can see that it works while also at least trying to do the dash. I believe it doesn't work on Litchi though.

It's really just a timing thing that you have to figure out.

Thanks I thought there was a slight dash i will just need to practice

I also want to add that it helps quite a bit if you make a mental effort to do the j.B as SOON AS POSSIBLE after you jump cancel 6C. This was the big tip that helped me the most ! Hope it's useful.

If you are just starting out with this character what are the absolute essential BnB's you should learn first?

If you are just starting out with this character what are the absolute essential BnB's you should learn first?

http://youtu.be/uTKbtOmabBU

Too many to list, so that's the easiest way to tell you. When you watch it I'm sure you can notice which ones are easier to start with. Almost all of them are BnBs you would want to know, outside of a handful.

For starting out you need,

-Standing (2A/5A/5B/2B all go into the same combos for the most part)

-Crouching (2A/5A/5B/2B all go into the same combos for the most part)

-5C (it is basically the same as the crouching one anyway)

-3C

-Each Drive

-Throw/Air Throw

-Command Throw>RC (although if you're just starting out you can ignore this for now at least)

You will want to know mid-screen and corner combos for each one, that video pretty much shows you and tells you what you would want to learn starting out.

Just know that if you do things like 5A>2A>2A>5B the combo is going to get heavily prorated which means you'll need to cut it short cause some won't work off that string. I'm not gonna go into details as that video does a good enough job showing plenty of combos to learn starting out.

Also standing combos into 6C>j.D don't work on Carl / Valkenhayn / Rachel unless you jc the j.D which means you don't have another jump to use to go into Web Nail combos. So you'll have to do different ones for them.

Edited by zeth07

I just saw a very sexy bang combo:

5A Starter, counter isn't even required. No Heat Required, 2 Nails.

5A>5B>2B>5D>JC>j.5b>j.4C>dj.5b>j.4C>j.5C>j.236B>665A>JC>(B Nail Explodes)>j.5D>j.2369C>665C>6D>jump cancel OKI or 623B

Edit: Its on crouching opponents btw.

And here is a random 100 heat combo that has no real use other than to use a B-Nail mid-combo.

on standing opponent: (Midscreen to corner)

5B>2B>6C>dj.5B>j.4C>j.623B>RC>j.236B>Land>J.5D>j.2369C>665C>6D>2363214C (100% heat, 2 nails, 4200 damage)

Edited by someonewhodied

Anyone got any tips for 6C IAD? Struggling a lot with it.

The timing is pretty lenient. Though you can only really do j.5A, j.5B, and j.4 (or 5) C from it. directly going into 623B is much harder though unless its off a fatal

Edit: Just made an awesome 4 seals to FRKZ combo. Only needs 12 heat starter and 3 nails =D

6.1K Midscreen to corner. 1 Nail. 50% heat: (Works only on skinnier characters)

66C(CH)>j.236B>66C>j.623B>66D>623B>6C>dj.5B>j.4C>j.5C>5A>5B>hj.5A>j.5B>j.4C>j.623B>236236A (its 214214A if you do it right since your opponent will barely be on your left after the j.623B)

Edited by someonewhodied

Sign in to follow this