Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EasyModeNub

Slayer vs. Sol

This thread hasn't been made yet, and I'm super bored at work. So I though I might as well do it. Here goes on my first match up psuedo guide. Critisicm is welcome, just don't flame... this isn't SRK or Smashboards. Anything you see that is wrong, just bring it to my attention, and I'll change it.

Let's begin.

First things first, FUCK VV! That said, I can die in peace.

-Openers-

IAD Back or BD

2P

6P

j.H (?)

-Neutral-

A big thing to take advantage of in this match is Sol's inability to safely approach an opponent without Gunflame FRC. Obviously he can't always do this, so I feel that it puts you at the advantage in almost any neutral situation. If you see Sol do Gunflame and he can't FRC that shit, IAD j.H for the hawtness. So remember, when Sol has bar be on the look out for him to make his move... but when he doesn't, he's just a "big ol puddy tat", so don't be afraid to get in there. Poke for poke, you've pretty much got him outmatched. While your aproaching him though... watch for random VV's... every Sol player does it, so just remember that it's there. 5K, 2S, 2H, and j.H are great right now, so abuse that shit and score a knockdown.

-Oki-

The only thing you need to watch out for here is that goddamn VV. It can be baited pretty easily, but that's doesn't mean you shouldn't hate it as much as me. A meaty 6K can wreck alot of his wake up options, especially timed well. A well timed 6K means that if he does VV, you wiff, land, and block. However, if he didn't and was gonna block then the moves will act like the meaty it was meant to be. If you're feeling ballsy you can always stand outside of throw range and just dash in and throw a second after he wakes up. You can get away with that many more times that you should, especially after you train him not to VV. 2S is also pretty good since it can be canceled into either 6K or 2H, but make it meaty. Just straight up 2H from outside VV range is easily usable and he can't really say anything about it. Finally, any time you bait a VV, 2S him after you block it. It doesn't matter whether or not he does the K follow-up, you'll score a CH into 50%+ life.

-Sol has you cornered-

Remember what I said about Gunflame FRC, well it pretty much applies here as well. Be patient and look for your chance to GTFO. Don't try anything fancy when you are trying to get out, most of the time just FD him off of you then jump and air dashing out of there is the best option. However, there are couple things that you can punish him for doing. If you see him try to use Bandit Bringer to regain ground while he has you pressured, air throw that shit. It's an easy way to turn the table and make him deal with your corner game. If you've observed your opponents patterns and you know a Bandit Revolver is coming, 6P his ass. As with any character, BBU can completely turn the tide, but it he blocks it.. get ready for that Sidewinder loop, so use it with discretion. Also a well timed 2P will completely break his momentum. It comes out in just 4 frames so it can beat alot of his moves in some pretty hilarious ways. As always with Sol, watch for the tick throws. If he just runs in a 2P, get ready to jump because wild throw is probably coming... just watch for it.

-You have Sol cornered-

Although Slayer's pressure is easier to escape for him than it was vice versa, the fact that you got him in the corner probably means that if he make 1-2 wrong guesses it's game over. Just remember to bait that VV and you should be fine. A move not to abuse, although it is amazing, is 6H. If you get predictable, especially with that move, get ready for VV. With the exception of VV j.H will beat all of his anti-air options, so use it. 5K, 6K, 2K, 2H, 6P, 2P, and 2S is all you really need here. The only thing that's different about putting sol under pressure is just watching for VV. So keep an eye out, don't get predictable, and bait that shit. There are some great tech traps you can use here, but I am ignorrant of these and you would need to consult a better player for that shit. lol

-Overall-

The match is obviously in your favor, you just need to watch out for that VV and punish his unsafe gunflames during neutral situations. He can match you normal dmg output, but he needs tension and a cranked gaurd bar to do this, so don't let him do it. Your oki is solid enough to wreck him after a knockdown, so try to score one early on to really put things in your favor. As always use your ungodly dmg to your advantage. End this in 2 combos if possible.

Edit: I'm going to remake this later in the week. This first attempt was just a terrible one. :vbang:

here are some combos

I was thinking and sol sucks for combos. You can't IAD KK H him. You can't j.S->j.K him. So combos are usually super boring on him. My main combo off a CH that launches or BBU ...

CH 2S->IAD.H->5H->sj.H->j.D->j.2K->j.K->5H->sj.H->j.D->j.2K->j.D

CH j.H->5H->sj.H->j.D->j.2K->j.K->5H->sj.H->j.D->j.2K->j.D

CH 2H->5H->sj.H->j.D->j.2K->j.K->5H->sj.H->j.D->j.2K->j.D

Off BBU I'll do 5H->SJAD.D->j.2K->j.K->5H->sj.H->j.D->j.2K->j.D

I need to test a few combos vs. him today... I'll put more in here later tonight.

I agree with the need of a mod. This has been extremely helpful, I have to fight sol constantly. Now I can manage myself in the fight a little better. And since he doesn't Gunflame FRC very often, I know how to take advantage of that now... AND YES, FUCK VV!!!!

Yes depending on spacing and when you actually get your lower body invuln you can beat VV very consistently with 2HS. Excuse me for the one word post. I thought I edited it earlier but I guess I didn't.

i'm not sure if you're: a) changing your mind and agreeing with Mac; or b) disputing Mac's rebuttal but one-word posts in a serious discussion thread are BANAL. don't do it, at all, especially when your post is of type (b). if you have an ACTUAL opinion consisting of coherent arguments to support your hypothesis/claim, then i suggest you provide it forthwith.

2H takes care of VV? That sounds just wrong. 2H wins over low attacks, and VV clearly isn't one. I might test it to make myself really sure, though.

I don't want to hear any more about on this argument, its retarded and we all know it. I also have this feeling that by saying VV he meant GV which would make total sense.

Yeah that WOULD make more sense. I mean; you 2H, and he short-hop VV's you in the face. It happens. Best thing to do is bait it, man. If you were talking about GV, then it's a different story. I have beaten GV with 2H before, and before it starts, if you see the animation and you're close by, you can 2D and kill it before it starts.

I don't want to hear any more about on this argument, its retarded and we all know it.

I also have this feeling that by saying VV he meant GV which would make total sense.

I'm not a real big movelist person so sometimes I do get the names of moves flipped especially since I don't play the character. But I meant GV the move that slides on the ground. Excuse me for making a ______ of myself.

2HS Clashes with viper at max range, I found that out tonight and I LOL'D.

Ya it's funny isn't it? Not very useful but it pops up every now and then especially when you're playing at 2K range. 2K/5K range is what I find the most effective... You're out of his 2S/2D/2P/2K/5K/5P range when you play at 5K/2K range. You're main pokes at this range should be of course, 5K, 2K, 6K (move hits from forever away. confirm into DOT frc for good damage) 2S and 2P, some 2H as well. Maybe throw some f.S in there. Anyways, Sol isn't very effective when he can't get inside and start pressure and he also isn't very effective when you aren't giving him moves he can easily VV or GV. A frustrated Sol is an easy one to beat. Guys I honestly really like dropping ground combos at 2S and going for resets there. People are usually waiting for Slayer to knock them down and start oki when he hits a c.S or something so say doing... c.S->f.S->2K->2S->(6K, 2H/Mappa fient, dandy) throws him off. unexpected. another place to bait a vv once he gets reset a few times. Rule of dandy step vs Sol -> Don't fucking do it unless you know what the fuck you're about to dandy away from. lol dandy is GV on reaction territory. Always pack a FRC if you're doing dandy mixup and hit that shit and 2H if you see a GV. Guys remember that a whiffed VV is a free c.S->f.Sx2/BBU/DOT/2S/6H really you only need sol to do a special move twice, get anti-aired/CH when you have 50% (2 hit untech.) to win against him. There is no fear of gunflame (forward dash, IAD over, DOT lol.) Once you can fight sol at 2K/5K range, you're golden and this matchup is easily 6:4 for slayer.