Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikelAL93

[CSE] Platinum vs. Hakumen

I played a few matches against Hakumen using Platinum and I figured out a way to bait them into using their Drive then attacking after the counter seal is gone. I just gotta see if it'll work next time I play

I think you can make some Haku players think you're going into a J.C after a 6C or 5C but after 6C or jump use Swallow Moon before j.C since j.C If I remember correctly Hakumen is left open for an attack if his counter misses.

Like I said I gotta see if it'll work next time I play.

Err it's probably just the Hakumen i go against... 6c>swallow will eat 5c ch ... but maybe it'll work randomly, i'do prefer dealing zanshin with 5a reset / grab.

Catching him with a grab will work since he can't counter them except when he activates his astral

IIRC Hakumen's 5D has 20 active frames.

Be careful about that counter.

I think you can make some Haku players think you're going into a J.C after a 6C or 5C but after 6C or jump use Swallow Moon before j.C since j.C If I remember correctly Hakumen is left open for an attack if his counter misses.

Like I said I gotta see if it'll work next time I play.

Well for one, Hakumen is not a character who you can use 6C against because of the nature of his Counters. Hakumen players don't mash and if they do then they'll be mashing Counters, those which will catch 6C. It's not the Counter that you should be afraid of in this situation, it's Kishuu.

Against Hakumen you want to use a lot of TK Swallow. TK Swallow will help you scout any Counter mash. If the Hakumen is mashing those Counters then you'll be able to cancel TK Swallow into barrier to punish accordingly. Once you condition him into not mashing Counters, then you can use stuff like 6B or what have you.

You shouldn't be afraid of his Counters, the odds are against him if he uses them during your pressure. He has to guess whether to block high or low as well as risk getting grabbed. It's stuff like Kishuu and TK Hotaru that should really scare you. Just don't do anything silly like 3C > Bubble because he will mess you up.