Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OmniSScythe

[CSE] Makoto Nanaya's General Gameplay Discussion Thread

I dunno, i have never stumble the same problem as your, my problem is either i get them high enough after 2c that makes most of 236a whiff and the Break Shoot completely whiff that will drop the combo. Yes probably on 662c, i have my 662 at point blank on Noel... but not sure either if that's the case, Since that stupid pushback also happen on Mu12 and on her case u don't need to 662c, just the tip of your 2c is fine on her pick up and that's about 1 character distance.

either i get them high enough after 2c that makes most of 236a whiff and the Break Shoot completely whiff that will drop the combo.

maybe thats the problem, i can't find that medium. between the break shot whiffing and the break shot pushing back. needs to find the timing.

what's the best way of dealing with Noel's retarded 4D? That shit is so annoying. Punishing 2D is easy enough, I just use 2A which will recover if it whiffs on it and then punish it on block. You can't do that to 4D. Using moves to specifically hit 4D will get punished by 2D and I can't find any decent moves that will punish both, so AFAIK she puts makoto into this bullshit mix-up every time she gets knocked down. Please tell me I'm wrong.

On knockdown I would usually go for a empty jump 2B. If you find yourself in a position for a safe jump j.C you could better choose your options afterward.

On knockdown I would usually go for a empty jump 2B. If you find yourself in a position for a safe jump j.C you could better choose your options afterward.
The safe jump option select did occur to me a few moments ago, not sure why I didn't think of it. jC ~ 2B > 5B, if jC whiffs then it's because of 4D so 2B should hit it and both will get hit confirmed. I'm also thinking that moves with a lot of active frames would hit both when timed correctly, like 5C and 6C.

BTW, how do you combo out of CH 6C?

what's the best way of dealing with Noel's retarded 4D? That shit is so annoying. Punishing 2D is easy enough, I just use 2A which will recover if it whiffs on it and then punish it on block. You can't do that to 4D. Using moves to specifically hit 4D will get punished by 2D and I can't find any decent moves that will punish both, so AFAIK she puts makoto into this bullshit mix-up every time she gets knocked down. Please tell me I'm wrong.

you can try 2A~5B/5C~46 os for this.

or crazy shit like 2C and 3C.

meaty must be fine too.

6C CH>214A~C~B>etc or like throw?

The safe jump option select did occur to me a few moments ago, not sure why I didn't think of it. jC ~ 2B > 5B, if jC whiffs then it's because of 4D so 2B should hit it and both will get hit confirmed. I'm also thinking that moves with a lot of active frames would hit both when timed correctly, like 5C and 6C.

Depending on screen position:

CH 6C > 214A~A > 66 5B > 6C > 214B~AB > j.D > corner combo

CH 6C > 214A~A > 66 5B > 6A > 2D > 66 5C > air combo

CH 6C > 214A~A > 66 5B > 5C > 2D(1) > 5C > 6C > 214B~AB > j.D

side switch:

CH 6C > 214A~A > 66 5A > 5B > 2D(1) > 5C > 6C > 214B~AB > j.D

Also I can't help but think I forgetting something but I haven't really played much. =/

I've seen Goro with 50 heat do 6C>214A~CD>RC>66>5D>Corner Combo

but that's with a rapid. If u want meterless go with omni.

Just a quick notice for those from East Coast or whatever, on April 14th there's a BB tournament organized by my community. The only requirement is being 18+ since the venue sells alcohol, would be cool to have more than just 1 Makoto and there's quite a few from the states coming over as well.

https://www.facebook.com/MontrealAirDashers

I know you need to microdash 2c on some character after 2d, but after dj.d i've tried on several character like Noel and Litchi After dj.d doesn't need micro dash on them.

If there's too much push back after dj.d that makes your 2c didn't reach without micro dash, just double jump backward (hold 7) while dj.d to minimize the push back, i've test it on Hakumen, Hazama, Rachel, Noel and Litchi, they all need micro dash 2c after 2d, but none of them need micro dashed 2c pick up after dj.d.

Im never using blocked 5cc against Tager again.

Scratch that...any character

5cc> 2a/lunatic upper/eclipse turn/6b/comet <<<360

5cc>AV B/C <<<5a

5cc>jump/backdash <<< a mash

Out of all the possible outcomes you could resort to Makoto is at a severe disadvantage.

Watching Goro play it seems like he wont end his string with anything that isn't jump cancellable...

and AV B/C cancelling is crap outside of the corner.

I'm just gonna play safe and take less risks in the long run.

And lol @ 2C being the new 6b

So am not the only one. 6C saved my fur from netplay Noel's lol

I knew about that 214BD > RC > j.B since they announced EX changes, but the only way to do it is by wasting 100 heat.

@Bibiquadium So close, GGs

To be honest I notice a lot people there was missing valuable experience against certain characters.

Nigga's need to XBL hard. xD