Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OmniSScythe

[CSE] Makoto Nanaya's General Gameplay Discussion Thread

Were you referring to the event of mine or people from the Makoto board? Because I cannot deny that we're free to Taokaka since no one plays her except this new guy which used to play her in CT/CS1 then disappeared for CS2 and just restarted. (that is if you were referring to the event of mine)

No I wasn't, I was referring to Final round where Eshi lost to a decent Valk.

In your case though I notice you was keeping it simple a lot in those match.

I did indeed after seeing that I kept dropping all my combos the risk reward of doing more complicated stuff became too high.

Was the set up laggy? When I did that tournament at NL everyone got reduced to Day 1 and even I had to keep doing blah blah > 5CC > 5D since it was the thing that worked. lol

Valk is a punk:mad:

His 2b on makoto's wakeup is a big problem too since it makes her dp whiff and you land straight into FC 6B.

You cannot reversal him at all. The only option is to either PF the 2b or jump(risky)

You can block it but prepare for inception mixup :v:

There's no point trying to play footsies with the wolf on the ground either.

PS: dat human 5C :8/:

5cc has its place. But they are all for well placed call outs. AS its beats tagers back dash in the corner.

Was the set up laggy? When I did that tournament at NL everyone got reduced to Day 1 and even I had to keep doing blah blah > 5CC > 5D since it was the thing that worked. lol

Nah it was just me being free to combos

Valk is a punk:mad:

His 2b on makoto's wakeup is a big problem too since it makes her dp whiff and you land straight into FC 6B.

You cannot reversal him at all. The only option is to either PF the 2b or jump(risky)

You can block it but prepare for inception mixup :v:

There's no point trying to play footsies with the wolf on the ground either.

PS: dat human 5C :8/:

don't mash dp and learn how to ib w.5B =) try some chars without reversals(Rachel lol).

5C is the only problem, just ib it and start pressing or try parry.

Can somebody do a breakdown on Litchi matchup... i'm seriously at lost, the spacing're horrible, iad ing is like asking for 6b[m] on the face... my only chance to beat her up is when i manage to lock her on corner without manten and that's rare :vbang:

Can somebody do a breakdown on Litchi matchup... i'm seriously at lost, the spacing're horrible, iad ing is like asking for 6b[m] on the face... my only chance to beat her up is when i manage to lock her on corner without manten and that's rare :vbang:

jump over 6B, parry, ib or 3C. If litchi does 6B>6C on ib/barrier ib you can 3C, without ib parry or dash pf/dp.

makoto doesn't have nothing for neutral game except good dash, 2A, 6A and 5B. If you have problems with any char in footsies you must learn how to dash and ib. Sometimes you can try to risk and do 3C or 214A~D/214B/C.

Ok thanks... watched some vid ... i forgot the fact Tsubame is a Projectile DP :vbang: and ... i can understand 214b/c... but 214a~d?

214A~D is 1-12F invuln and on CH or with heat combos for 4k and corner.

You can wavedash in this game?:v:How did you do that?

Hey guys I'm new to BB and Makoto.Is there any BnB or any Makoto advice that you guys can share?Or should I just read the BBC2 guide until the new one is finished?Thanks

Just a microdash -> 6632146 / 6324166 + D for BBS ... well, the combo route on EX're completely different from CS2, so i'll suggest just try the challenge mode and watch some videos for optimal B&B.

2A > 5B > 6A> 5B > 5CC > 214A~C~CCCCC (BnB midscreen)

Alternative: 5B > 6C > 214C~D (when you're too far away for the combo above)

6BC > 214A~C~B > 2A > 5B > 2D(1) > 5B > 6A > j.CB > j.CB > j.623C~D (damage and knockdown)

6BC > 214A~C~B > 2A > 5B > 2D(1) > 5B > 6A > j.CB > j.D (corner carry)

Above combos should be universal.

In the corner you can do:

5B > 5CC > 5D > 214A~C~B > 5B > 6A > 2D > 2C > 214A~D > 5CC > j.B > j.D > 665CC > TK623C~D (off of a strong starter; j.D > 5CC doesn't work on Jin and Valk)

(2A >) 5B > 5CC > 5D > 66 > 5B > 6A > 2D > 2C > 214A~D > 665CC > j.B > j.D > 665CC > TK623C~D (5D > 66 > 5B doesn't work on Jin and Valk)

You can use this one on Jin/Valk instead:

(2A >) 5B > 5CC > 5D > 66 > 2B > 6A > 2D > 2C > 214A~D > 665CC > j.B > j.D > 665CC > TK623C~D

If you aren't sure proration will screw up your combo, you can go for this one:

2A > 5B > 5CC > 5D > 662D > 2C > 236A~D > 665CC > j.B > j.D > ender (again, j.D > 5CC doesn't work on Jin/Valk, needs a 2B to pick them up)

If proration is *really* bad, just go for knockdown with 214A~C~A or 2D(1).

This is a pretty rough list without any RC combos midscreen or timing heavy stuff like 2D/2C > 214A~C~B midscreen, so you can start off with some basic combos and get a feel for the character.

if you start out with any other normal mid screen you can 214AC-b as well but you can't do level (1)d so you have to find another way around that.

if you start out with any other normal mid screen you can 214AC-b as well but you can't do level (1)d so you have to find another way around that.
That...I...what? What do you mean? In relation to what exactly? Sorry, but I have no idea what you're trying to say. xD

he is saying that on any crouching opponent you can do 214 acb for more damage and better carry. standard combo for that is 2a 5b 5cc 214 acb 2a 5cc jb j.d ( jb 623c~d)

but if you start with a move like 2a or 2b you can't do a 2d you immediately have to 2a 5b 6a jcjb jc jb dp or same thing except you do a jd lvl 3 instead of jc jb dp

Hey Makoto players, I don't know how useful this is, but I transcribed a bunch of combos from this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoJnwcrEXoY

I compiled the combos in a word document, which can be found here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tfbpz8eryug0337

If you can not view the word document or just don't want to download it, here's the pastebin version of the document.

http://pastebin.com/jryN90fs

Hey Makoto players, I don't know how useful this is, but I transcribed a bunch of combos from this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoJnwcrEXoY

I compiled the combos in a word document, which can be found here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tfbpz8eryug0337

If you can not view the word document or just don't want to download it, here's the pastebin version of the document.

http://pastebin.com/jryN90fs

It's has already been noted. but thank you. The word doc is useful.