Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OmniSScythe

[CSE] Makoto Nanaya's General Gameplay Discussion Thread

<Rant> I just need to bitch and vent lol. I know I'm not the best around, and I work really hard to get better (currently learning stick), but it feels like no matter how much I do improve... Makoto just sucks, she just does. I'm not saying she can't do damage, or has no potential. It just feels like that every move she has, is beat out easily by every other character... I'm not going to quit or anything, but as a long time Makoto player, it really is noticeable how bad her nerfs were. </rant>

You are no longer riding the wave. I went through this for about 2 months or so. I was playing better but still losing. Keep at it broski :3

Makoto is Makoto, she's still the super awesome squirrel despite her huge nerf, it just take much more effort than the easy mode CS1/CS2.

<Rant> I just need to bitch and vent lol. I know I'm not the best around, and I work really hard to get better (currently learning stick), but it feels like no matter how much I do improve... Makoto just sucks, she just does. I'm not saying she can't do damage, or has no potential. It just feels like that every move she has, is beat out easily by every other character... I'm not going to quit or anything, but as a long time Makoto player, it really is noticeable how bad her nerfs were. </rant>

Keep going, when I started learning her when she was released, I just kept losing for two months or more (and lag doesn't help xD). Right now, my porcentage is quite positive. Obviously, more effort is needed to win with her now than back then, but i don't feel her as the lowest tier that some people say. She still has great corner combos as everyone else, and in midscreen you just have to get hang of it. She just got balanced, in CS and CSII was way to strong.

Don't forget that she is still pretty fun to use xP.

Brings back memories of Vanilla BBCS Rachel

Makoto isn't near of what Rachel was in CS. (Thankfully....:sweatdrop:)

Man I don't even feel like I'm working that much harder than back in CS1/2, my win rate is similar to that as well.

I just wish there was something more stylish like a way to cancel AV's movement early or some shit to make her current stuff less boring. =/

Yah but you're Omni >.>, on a side note, after watching your Plebian Playgrounds matches I did feel a little better. Either net play(is it just me or is extends netcode balls?), or just common Makoto fuck ups, I make a lot of the same mistakes.

While the netcode is funny on ps3 at times in my case it's a combination of the broken pad I've been using from the start "jammed D and hard press only B/C buttons", and not playing BB cause of ToGf/SG/Finals/Marvel. lol

Mainly her corner combos. 5D > 2D > 662C for example

Do 5D > 663D > 2C, its easier like this

Man I don't even feel like I'm working that much harder than back in CS1/2, my win rate is similar to that as well.

I just wish there was something more stylish like a way to cancel AV's movement early or some shit to make her current stuff less boring. =/

^ You me?

I dont think Makoto was hammered by a (huge nerf), or else she would be in the unplayable D~C Tier zone now :/

Lets not turn into what the kids just did in CS2, whining about how game broken Makoto was and how Ragna/Bang/Hakumen were unplayable while actually Makoto was just S and they were A. Also, she doesn't have a super bad match up like Tager vs Hazama which makes her a viable choice in tournaments.

At first I hated ex Makoto but now I'm really happy they did nerf her cause now I'm not doin all the stupid stuff(i still do dumb stuff xD) I did in cs2! I'm playing a lot better compare to the S tier days! But I'm soooooooo tired of dropping my combos can someone help me plzz!

4bc 5b 2d[1] 5c 6c 236b j.5a j.5b j.5d[3] sometime it drop on 2d and j.5d

I dont think I'm doin it fast enough

Curious question: Why does Makoto's CSEX matchups not exist (save for Ragna)? Are they the same as CS2 minus the S-tierness?

it just too sad. No one wants make sad squirrels.

Match-ups should still be pretty much the same, except maybe generally worse. Pressure stuff like the 5CC stagger, combo damage and screen carry are all universal to every match-up. We might be worse off against zoners like Lambda due to the changed Asteroid Vision paths though. Anyone with a reversal can potentially counter any orb "oki" we set up now. Increased 5B recovery makes her neutral confirms harder now, but still pretty universal. I think there aren't too many specific changes, but that'd require more exact analysis of the match-ups.

It's depressing on matchup but do-able at least. I think if we were to put up a matchup thread, it'll have to be pretty specific...

not much, mu just failed combo and whiffed dp=)but pf to avoid lazers seems good.

@Ragnarok_F4: Links i found for BBS

-2D > 5B 6A > BBS

-PF > BBS (if the corner is at your back, Cross Under > BBS, Pretty flexible)

-j.B CH > BBS

-5D > 5B 6A 2D > 6321466D (Dash BBS) > 5CC or PF (BBS in Corner (´∀`))

Some Combos on these links:

-3C/5C CH/5B CH > 2C > 2D > 5B 6A > BBS > 665D > 214ACB > 5CC > j.B > jc j.D > Ender

(This Link is very viable and not just for show off)

-5B > 5CC > 5D > 5B 6A 2D > BBS > PF > j.D > 2C 214AD > Orb Oki

(Or you can do 3 Hits PF for a good match ender combo, not viable combo just for show off)

-j.B CH > 66 BBS > 665D > 662D > 2C 236AD > 5CC > j.B > jc j.D > Ender

-5B > 6C > 214ACD > PF > BBS > 5D > 662D > 2C > 236AD > 5CC > j.B > jc j.D > Ender

not much, mu just failed combo and whiffed dp=)but pf to avoid lazers seems good.

You should see my awesome RC > Parry xD