Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OmniSScythe

[CSE] Makoto Nanaya's General Gameplay Discussion Thread

I dont know who is the artist, but its a fan art so no, no higher resolution version is available

So sad that I want to main Makoto but I love Tao too much T_T but yeah, needs higher resolution. It'll be amazing

Blasphemy! Tao is nothing compared to Makoto's divine cuteness

i would prefer untechable knockdown on 6B)

i like how makoto is now, thought i would like if some things was a bit adjusted.

Same reason why 3C airborne hit is techable, That will ruin her combo structure and give us something broken

So sad that I want to main Makoto but I love Tao too much T_T but yeah, needs higher resolution. It'll be amazing

Tried out Tao at the start of CSEX, then Tsubaki, back to Lambda (from CS2) and now want to be better with Makoto. She's fun, I just have problems with hitting 3s consistently >__>

Haha StarGazer. It's true though. I think today confirmed my actual main .-. My Tao got worse since I've been playing more Makoto. What do you guys think on the Valk matchup? It's weird since you have to force Valk to block

vs Valkenhayn

=Neutral=

-His 5B/5C/2A are strong in keeping you away, try to make it whiff > Rush him, you wont get a 100% punish but you will break his zonning and running away game. j.CC over his 5C despite or Dash > Barrier Cancel > IB > Rush him if he runs jumps away

-He have a strong backdash, get ready to anticipate it and chase him.

-His j.C is scary but he is using his limbs to do it so it do have a hurtbox on all its extend, 6A it, you will be in advantage on trade. If his jump is too obvious try to take air to air with him but be careful from his mashy j.A/j.B when you do so.

-During his Wolf form he cant guard, but his mobility is at peak. The wolf back dash and C Dashes can bait stuff like your 6A for example. His options are pretty wide when he combines his wolf and human form.

-Wolf Cannons are best handled with IB, you wont score 100% punish with IB, but that will help you on taking the momentum over him and but him in tight positions. Also you can beat his Cannons with 6A, do that if you can.

=Offense=

-He can use 6A Head+Body guard point as a reversal to beat you out in small gaps as well as sometimes he can use it to beat your Jump ins and rush ins, It still can be beaten out without baiting by low hits (2B) and throws.

-He tries to backdash and jump out of your pressure whenever he can, tight FT's will punish him for trying that. Always be ready for chasing him when he runs away.

-50% Heat ====> 632146D or Counter Assault, Remember that.

=Defense=

-His overhead during human form is somewhat slow and you can react to it thankfully, but it can break primer + give him Frame advatnage if its blocked. IB > Jump out/665A etc... You can react to it with Corona Upper/Parry especially when he is use it as meaty.

-His Instant overhead is a big trouble honestly, watch out from 5B as he tends to use it after it or as meaty j.C. Anticipate it and guard it/DP your way out.

-Wolf j.A/5A is a very fast High/Low Mix up, add to that his command grab, you will have a hard time under his pressure, try to get out asap.

playing makoto online is like shooting yourself in the foot and then wondering why you're bleeding

Anything for Makoto

why valk matchup here?%)

236A - now can't be punished on ib=(

jabs for wolf form if you want play safely. [w]5B>5C>j.A can be beated by 6A without ib unlike other chars, though he can bait it. Cannons can trade with 6A or whiff if think. 6A have guardpoint since 5th frame, can beat with frametraps. Instant overhead can't be blocked on reaction, see for jump cancelable attacks and 50 heat.

Might as well post this here but corner combo: B+C > 6A > 2D > 3C > 214A~D > 66 w/e , Cant connect the 214A~D into dash =\ been working on it for a while now. Tips?

Make sure to hit the 6A early enough so that the opponent is being launched high enough by 2D, make sure that 2C hits with the tip of the hitbox, immediately cancel into 214A~D so that the opponent falls into its hitbox and cancel the dash into your next move as early as possible.

Any Makotos in The Blazblue Revo Videos?

Also, if anyone happens to find a Match for Goro, SuperMakotoGod, GS, Anzu, Ryota, and other great Makoto players please write the match link here with the same way i write them in the video thread, i'll be very grateful.

Also, if anyone happens to find a Match for Goro, SuperMakotoGod, GS, Anzu, Ryota, and other great Makoto players please write the match link here with the same way i write them in the video thread, i'll be very grateful.

I was only able to find two matches featuring Makoto I need to know how people are finding these

I'm an avid bb video watcher, I'll post when the makotos show up. So far only block A has been uploaded, and none were in block A.

Cool, i'll be waiting for em

uhh some mash proof block strings that arnt 100% unsafe/gimmkiy would be so helpful

Time your gatlings, this is a universal solution for mashing

Cool, i'll be waiting for em

Time your gatlings, this is a universal solution for mashing

not an option,,, i do 5cc 6B as quickly as possible however,, it seems if they IB 2a will always beat the 6B how could 'timing' possibly fix this if im using it as fast as possible & im not saying u cant punish them... cause 214A~C will catch the mash, but thats so unsafe imo. If they do block im hit =<

not an option,,, i do 5cc 6B as quickly as possible however,, it seems if they IB 2a will always beat the 6B how could 'timing' possibly fix this if im using it as fast as possible & im not saying u cant punish them... cause 214A~C will catch the mash, but thats so unsafe imo. If they do block im hit =<

Use 2c instead... i didn't realize you can IB 5cc and 2a her 6b now, almost never goes 5cc>6b route since the nerf orz.

edit : and iirc 214a~c only -4f on block, unless you ib this, it can't be punished.

I believe there were only 3 makoto players in the whole thing being recorded.

The first mak was trash the 2nd was godlike. I couldn't watch up to Goro since I wasnt a premium member.

All I know is you wont see any makotos in A block and will have to wait a while.

The archive on nico got removed too so I cant post a timestamp for that unfortunately.

you can use mash 2A tactics or 214A~C~A/214A~C CH~B or 214A~D or 214B/C or 214A~C reset.

You aren't supposed to hit the gatlings as fast as possible if they're mashing, delay them slightly, so that there's a gap of 1-4 frames, they'll get CH'd and you can go into a pretty strong combo, if you confirm correctly. 2A > 6B isn't and will never be mash-safe, IB or not.

5C CH can be linked into 2C which can deal 4k+ midscreen. Something like CH 5C 2C 214A~C~B 5CC 2D[1] 5CC j.CB j.D 66 5CC j.CB j.CC DP its like 4.3k or something.