Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OmniSScythe

[CSE] Makoto Nanaya's General Gameplay Discussion Thread

I honestly think it's the game's fault in general and not just this or that character. There are still some people sticking to it and I find that commendable (and I feel like an ass for not being around online to be still part of their competition), but in the end, this game hasn't gotten any newer with Extend. Usually, fresh wind comes not only from character changes, but from engine changes as well. CT to CS was a drastic change, everyone can see that. But even the change from CS to CS2 (along with character balancing and, more importantly, character gameplay changes) brought some different system mechanics with it. Most notably gravity and cancelling dashes from the first frame, as far as I can remember right now.

With that in mind, I hope we get some new characters, a change of how the current cast plays and obviously an engine that handles (slightly) different. (Makoto buffs are welcome too, just sayin'.)

Yes and no, let P4U come out so people can live their hype then it'll stabilize afterwards, this thread may seem to always have the same people, but many Makotos worldwide still have interest towards this game, if I base myself on tweets and YouTube comments on my channel. So yeah, it's just that much has been covered, and to make a new thread at this point is futile I believe that it's always better to keep stuff the way they are and improve on the next one (being BB3). Makoto is fine the way she is now but a few buffs from right to left could help since right now her Risk/Reward sucks ass, unless I am mistaken. 6B 20 frames and force crouch and 2A's old range old Parry and keep the rest as it is, Makoto is a good character.

She's still a popular character even with all the nerfs and CSE hate, so yeah.

Gooooroooo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZulZ7q-S7E&t=5m50s

Noel, RLY

@Makoto: I want to see ASW putting some effort and turn her into something more appealing, all the changes in Extend was meant to inhibit her in a lazy way, "remove this remove that remove this remove that, buff this move proration to make her damage reach this from this confirm and make this move comboable to make up for the old move she lost, done" its like they didn't think about the Makoto players, all what they cared for was making sure that she stay viable without causing so much fuss.

Extend era ended very fast, ggs i guess...

Well, i guess we just have to wait for BB3 now and hope for a more interesting Makoto in the future.

No....this game is still very much alive, as of now despite the release of many other fighters after its release like sf4, mvc3, mk9, SC, KoFs13, tekken, and skullgirls. Yet despite many of these epic titles(not all) its still managed to avoid fading into obscurity everytime before then, and im positive it will be the same even after P4A is out though it will be the ultimate test of this games longevity, if it can survive that storm...........

There's a few in my scene who aren't hype for P4U including myself and like I said I'm sticking around for sure and I'm pretty sure its the same elsewhere the netplay community is something else but its something I am not touching in general so I can't tell you much about this.

lol it's not like you can't play 2 games at the same time.

Though I'd be lying if I said BB looks "very much alive".

To put it bluntly BB is currently in the mist of a much needed CPR, and another extension isn't it.

But that could be from the fact that I haven't netplayed in over 3 months.

>Go back to practice CS2 Makoto Combos

>Becomes gdlk in doing combos on the arcade stick in no time

I feel good about my ability to combo and hitconfirm with the stick now, but oh god my gameplay generally sucks so hard, Neutral game and defense is like 10% of how it was on the pad. Any advice on improving with the stick aside from go play a lot?

@BlackKaizer: I meant that the time passed out so fast. I agree that BBEX is still alive and P4A won't probably kill it.

play a lot%)now with pad i feel like i have no hands and playing with facerolling it.

bbcsex is best of bb edition, but fuck this lazy community, most of players still drops bnbs, though playing bb since ct, and too much hype for p4u and ggxxac+r.

Now that you have reached that point only match experience and time can help you and try not to get salty on a loss then switch back to pad, this is the worst.

play a lot%)now with pad i feel like i have no hands and playing with facerolling it.

bbcsex is best of bb edition, but fuck this lazy community, most of players still drops bnbs, though playing bb since ct, and too much hype for p4u and ggxxac+r.

This includes Japan as well, it's sort of a universal thing in all games no matter who has seniority with it or not.

Makoto is piss easy to play. She take no practice just like ragna. But in match she have to deal with a lot of shit to win. Actually she is considered one of the hardest characters in blazblue by top jp players because they care about the characters meta game in the match more than the learning procces of the character.

Edit: recruited all the makotos i met to visit the forum ;3

Depends what combo paths you aim for, if you just 2D 2C 214B j.D she's the easiest char out there. In CS2 it was something else, just about any combos worked on any character and hardly required specific timings.

What...?

PSN went crazy, i am in a room with 4 Makotos as i speak now... Nope no signs to any Ragna

*Lick Lick*

@Kotkot: CS2 is the besssssst

Lucky~

I only had multiple Makoto lobbies back in CS1.

Friday night Furry fights, if you will. lol

Extend is same as CS2. The newcomers just keep doing either a braindead ground rush or jump on you with j.CC. Confirm 5D into 214ACB in corner for piss easy high damage.

@Omni: are you going to GG or P4?... Or?

Only Lambda and Carl can miss up your bnb in CS2. Ah, thank god in Extend you are not forced to do 2366AD in your combos or i would be screwed with my Arcade stick xD

Extend is same as CS2. The newcomers just keep doing either a braindead ground rush or jump on you with j.CC. Confirm 5D into 214ACB in corner for piss easy high damage.

@Omni: are you going to GG or P4?... Or?

Is both an option? I'm currently just playing SG, KOFXIII and umvc3. Not to much atm.