Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OmniSScythe

[CSE] Makoto Nanaya's General Gameplay Discussion Thread

She apparently turns into babby Tao from CS' story, yeah. Also, Hakumen becomes Pakumen, who normally stands on his own two 'feet', but it's just that he's suspended mid-air that leads to that dog-like stance.

Hey guys, I'm kinda curious on your take on a few things. I kinda doubt Mori would put the type of depth in his characters as a good manga, since at the end of the day it's a fighting game, but I was thinking why do you think "Alexandrite" was the gem chosen for her theme, and why "Butterfly" sky for the vocal. Alexandrite is a precious stone that is green in daylight and turns red in artifical light...but obviously it has a poetic aspect to it. And butterflies...they can symbolize many things...:sweatdrop:

Alexandrite is a unique gemstone that gives you a beautiful green color when it is exposed to sunlight, with that said, Noel is the heir of the Sankishin family which is named after the goddess of sun, so yeah. Noel is the sun that brings out Makoto true colors... Mindblown

This thread been choking with gameplay unrealated stuff lately, please guys make use of the group instead of this thread :<

I kinda need some advice. I've been practicing some Makoto Bnb comos and I have the jest of it down. (I usually end the Midscreen Overhead Combo with Corona Upper because I can't get the timing of 2D(1) right. But once I get into battle, I have hard time executing them. (I actually got beat out by someone spamming Noel's Chain Revolver). What should I do to help make sure I can pull off combos other then practice. (Which I'm doing)

The BnB's I'm working on are:

*2A/2B > 5B > 5CC > 214A~CCCC

*6B~C > 214A~C~B > 2A > 5C > 2D(1) > 5B > 6C > 214B > j.A > j.B > j.D > 214A~C~A. (This is the one where I usually end with Corona Upper instead of following with 2D(1) Because i can't get the timing right, so i'm still working on it.

5B > 5C > 6C > Asteroid Vision A > Lunatic Upper > Shooting Star (This is a slightly modified version that I made based off the first BnB)

*5B/6B/5CC > 5D > 214A~C~B > 5B > 6A > 2D > 2C > 214A~D > 5CC > j.B > j.D > 66 > 5CC > PF. (I sometimes use BBS or Corona Upper depending on the situation.)

I need some advice vs Lambda. I seriously have no clue how to get in vs her. It feels like every normal of her beats out Makoto's, that is if you even get past her zoning.

And how do you deal with her blockstrings?

You could try using 3C whenever you know she'll use a D attack (the early-mid part goes under 5D). And super jump might help since it is possible to avoid her 6D depending on when she attacks or where you jump. When she jumps at long range, there's a good chance she could use j2D (since it's the only aerial move besides jD that's going to hit you at long range anyway), so it might not be a good idea to dash in 6A unless you know you can get in before the drive attack hits.. Not to mention, there is a dead-zone for all of Lambda's drive attacks, so you can sometimes hit her even if her drive attack is out.

For her blockstrings... If she uses a jc'able move at a distance, look out for tkj214D mixup (2C and 6B is pretty common). I think her offense comes to halt once you block her tk214D... unless RC'd. Also be ready to tech grabs / block low when she's using the 236 mixups.

I kinda need some advice. I've been practicing some Makoto Bnb comos and I have the jest of it down. (I usually end the Midscreen Overhead Combo with Corona Upper because I can't get the timing of 2D(1) right. But once I get into battle, I have hard time executing them. (I actually got beat out by someone spamming Noel's Chain Revolver). What should I do to help make sure I can pull off combos other then practice. (Which I'm doing)

The BnB's I'm working on are:

*2A/2B > 5B > 5CC > 214A~CCCC

*6B~C > 214A~C~B > 2A > 5C > 2D(1) > 5B > 6C > 214B > j.A > j.B > j.D > 214A~C~A. (This is the one where I usually end with Corona Upper instead of following with 2D(1) Because i can't get the timing right, so i'm still working on it.

5B > 5C > 6C > Asteroid Vision A > Lunatic Upper > Shooting Star (This is a slightly modified version that I made based off the first BnB)

*5B/6B/5CC > 5D > 214A~C~B > 5B > 6A > 2D > 2C > 214A~D > 5CC > j.B > j.D > 66 > 5CC > PF. (I sometimes use BBS or Corona Upper depending on the situation.)

First one: I'm assuming you're having problems getting the 214A~CCCC to hit consistently. Tip is to buffer the 214 input during your 5CC and then pressing A as the second hit of 5CC hits. Should work every time as long as you do it and you'll eventually get used to it.

Second Combo: When you go to press the 2D in the combo, just tap the button as it's a regular button. No need to charge it at all.

Fourth Combo: Corona Upper is the preferred meterless ender, of course. Though, if you do have meter, use PF. The minimum damage from it is higher than BBS (And to get it to hit every time with PF do the charges as 2/3/3. The Level Three charge on the first hit of PF can allow a tech if the proration is too damn high.)

And as always, practicing the combos is the best way to get used to them in general. Once you do get used to them, it'll be simple as hell. I actually find it difficult to sometimes explain how to do it right since it's almost 2nd nature to me.

I need some advice vs Lambda. I seriously have no clue how to get in vs her. It feels like every normal of her beats out Makoto's, that is if you even get past her zoning.

And how do you deal with her blockstrings?

Honestly the best thing to do is be patient when attempting to get in. Cancel forward dashes with Barrier Guard and doing jump in Barrier are basic ways for Makoto to start closing the distance. Air dashing isn't a decent idea unless she's committed to 5D already. Once you get near her, a lot of the game you'll play with Lambda is where is she going next.

- If she's actively running from you and air back dashes, just run straight forward or do a feint 3C. If you're close enough, running straight in can actually avoid j.2D and 3C will always avoid it. Afterwards, begin pressuring.

- You can also usually run under 6D as well, if they're trying to anti-Air your usually telegraphed jump in barriers. 3C works too.

- 2A is an important Makoto Normal. Use that to start off when near Lambda.

- Anti-Air any attempts to jump/air dash over you. Lambda can use 2C to attempt to beat you, but on Counter hit 6A you can still follow up.

Dealing with Lambda pressure is a little difficult. Main thing, be sure to instant block any multi-hit moves because it can give you a bunch of extra meter. Block low nearly all the time unless you see either Lambda's 4B (The weird-ass flip kick) and Tiger Knee 214D. If you block the 214D and they don't Rapid Cancel it, please punish her with a 5B. If I recall, she should land in crouch position which gets you some nice damage.

Dealing with Saw? Instant blocking is easy, just pay attention to Lambda. Run up 2B, 4B, TK214D Instant Air Dash j.5C>j.2C and grabs are generally what to look for.

That's about all I can remember from memory. Hopefully this can help you out a bit until someone who's actively playing the game sees the post and adds/corrects me.

Thanks for the advice, Makoto is one of my favorite characters and Rush-down is the general playstyle i prefer. Anyway, thanks for the tips. Even the stuff on Lambda. (I was actually going to ask about that, but I was beaten to it. Doesn't matt though as long as I some advice.) I already said it a lot, but I'll say it again. Thanks!

Indeed, thanks for the reply's. Appreciate it. I never thought about using 3C, of course this is not something to rely on to get in but atleast it opens up another option.

I realize now that I was air-dashing way to much instead of barrier jumping. Good to know tkj214D is punishable, I was not aware of that.

The advice on 214A~CCCC was useful aswell since I can't seem to get that to hit consistently. Thanks guys.

But I have some more questions while I'm at it.

1) When I get someone in the corner I usually go for 5B > 5CC > 5D > 2D > 2C > 236A~D > 66 > 5CC > j.B > j.D > 66 > 5CC > j.CC > 623C~D.

But whenever I watch replays, I rarely see other's go for it. Which leads me to believe this combo is not optimal when it come's to the oki afterwards.

So are there better alternatives for the 66 > 5CC > j.CC > 623C~D which gives me better oki afterwards?

2) Maybe this will be answered in my first question, but if someone rolls forward, is there a way to punish them for it and keep them in the corner at the same time?

3) When instant blocking mulitple hitting moves, do you have to block every seperate hit or does instant blocking 1 hit make it count for the entire move? Because I got really confused blocking Lambda's 2C and SAW. Sometimes I would flash white for the entire duration of the move and other time's I would flash only once.

I only use the Corona Upper ender if I go for the kill and I know that my combo won't provide me the heat for a Particle Flare ender, otherwise I end my combos with j.D 66 6B then go for either Orb, 2B, 6B, Grab etc etc.

Indeed, thanks for the reply's. Appreciate it. I never thought about using 3C, of course this is not something to rely on to get in but atleast it opens up another option.

I realize now that I was air-dashing way to much instead of barrier jumping. Good to know tkj214D is punishable, I was not aware of that.

The advice on 214A~CCCC was useful aswell since I can't seem to get that to hit consistently. Thanks guys.

But I have some more questions while I'm at it.

1) When I get someone in the corner I usually go for 5B > 5CC > 5D > 2D > 2C > 236A~D > 66 > 5CC > j.B > j.D > 66 > 5CC > j.CC > 623C~D.

But whenever I watch replays, I rarely see other's go for it. Which leads me to believe this combo is not optimal when it come's to the oki afterwards.

So are there better alternatives for the 66 > 5CC > j.CC > 623C~D which gives me better oki afterwards?

2) Maybe this will be answered in my first question, but if someone rolls forward, is there a way to punish them for it and keep them in the corner at the same time?

3) When instant blocking mulitple hitting moves, do you have to block every seperate hit or does instant blocking 1 hit make it count for the entire move? Because I got really confused blocking Lambda's 2C and SAW. Sometimes I would flash white for the entire duration of the move and other time's I would flash only once.

You're both very welcome. About the only thing I do anymore for this game is give Info when I can. And yeah, 3C isn't amazing since it doesn't beat Lambda 5D on start up anymore, but if you're running in and conditioned them not to use 6D because you're gonna go right in, do it. Counter hit 3C can lead to some decent damage for little trouble. Another interesting note on 3C, it can go through Spike Chaser if you time it perfect, but I wouldn't recommend it. You can attempt and and do a Feint 3C so you'll recover in the middle of spike chaser and be able to block if you do go for it.

Anyhow:

First one: Some Makoto players end that combo on the J.D portion or simply loop 5CC > J.B > j.D. The slide will happen either way if you do j.D twice, so it gives you a better Oki option as compared to the 623C~D. Though, you can end some combos with 623C~D to get an Oki opportunity by delaying the D[3] as much as possible.

On Question 2: If you anticipate they're gonna roll forward, Back dash 2B is what I did. Your back dash will recover before their roll and your 2B will catch them quickly for some damage.

Question 3: It varies. On Saw, you have to do it repeatedly, but for Lambda's C Moves, you only need to do it once.

And Bibi, really liked that 2D video you posted recently. Good shit, sir.

5D > 2D > 2C 236AD > 5CC > j.B jc j.D > Ender

[Enders]

5CC > PF

2D level1 > 236A

66B > 236A

66B > 214AA

66B > 214C j.A whiff > 2B

5C > 236A

2D leve1 > j.CC

6C > 214CD

6C > 214C j.A > B+C

And there is more

About Instant Block, iirc when you IB a hit you IB automatically all the next hits within a short duration i forgot what it is, but you will only gain the heat of one IB.

About Instant Block, iirc when you IB a hit you IB automatically all the next hits within a short duration i forgot what it is, but you will only gain the heat of one IB.

for multihit attacks only, though applies only to advantage, for heat better to ib every hit.

for rolling forward from corner there is os 214214D~AB

Thanks for the reply's guys.

You'll probably see me here alot the next few weeks, as I'm struggling to learn this game haha.

But if I understand the 214214D~AB OS correctly (with my limited knowledge of this game). If the opponent forward rolls, PF super will come out. And if they don't, you will barrier block? Or instead of barrier, will the asteroid vision come out?

I can't say much, as I'm not a Makoto player, but the one that was playing was either new to the game or new to Makoto, since they really didn't do much of anything... well they got hit a lot...

Again, I'm not a Makoto main, so I could have easily missed something, but I know they got bodied for 6 rounds, never did a DD past lvl 1 (90% of which did not connect and were wakeup DDs), and never Corona Upper'd :kitty:

Yeah he was definitely new. You'd still get better info from watching the loktest videos.

@stargazer - The stream was okay considering there's not much footage to go around yet. The majority of the stream was either Ragna or Bullet playing against the cpu and testing out their move properties and such... The only versus sets that I can remember are Bullet vs Makoto and Bullet vs Relius.

Unfortunately, it looks like her dash speed is still slow like in the loktests.

Makoto still slow? We lost to Bullet? fuuuuuuu

snip

Makoto is piss easy to play, if you are good your 1st day Makoto will most likely be better than mine. With that said they were 100% new players not new Makoto players

arghhhhhhh mobility nerf upsets me pretty bad(even if she ends up good) since thats one of the main reasons i enjoy her, especially in synergy with her tools

Oh fk me, Makoto looks so boring in BBCP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8JnHtdrKwQ&feature=relmfu

The game keep leveling up while Makoto is degrading

Despite my feelings for her so far, I'm pretty damn certain that the player in the video you linked it just terrible and has no idea what he is doing. Can't charge for his life, doesn't seemingly know any combos, random AV's for no reason, trying to do 5D > 2A...he had not a clue.