Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OmniSScythe

[CSE] Makoto Nanaya's General Gameplay Discussion Thread

What do you mean my advice requires Carl to do nothing??? Carl has RECOVERY whenever he does a command input with Ada (he does a little point and stops for a second). So anything like the drill punch, Con Brio, or the projectile will leave him vulnerable to an Eclipse Turn -> 2A. If you time it well, he CAN'T do anything and Ada's attack will miss.

The only time Carl has recovery w/Ada moves is if he's doing a super, otherwise he has none. That little point animation only happens when Carl's in an idle state and can be cancelled at any time with anything.

Eclipse turn isn't exactly a great option in this match since you'd also have to use asteroid vision, which is hella telegraphed and it has really long recovery. Carl would have to be a doormat for that to even have a chance of not getting punished.

Yazumatto's post basically hit the nail on the head regarding this MU.

Either way, the gameplan is just be patient, and get ungodly good at blocking his mixups while expecting/teching throws. Carl's not that bad once you start getting in hits, and when he starts getting nervous and taking too much time to think, you can rush him. Carl's a pretty easy kill if you have Ada down, because there is literally nothing he can do against you since he has like no reliable reversals at all, even with Heat.

His wheel special is good enough for you not to orb when he has 50 heat and when your approach is too obvious.

That's when it is "too obvious" though. If you know what you're doing, he's pretty much toast in that scenario.

...Aren't these supposed to go in the Makoto matchups thread?

Whether or not I'm wrong, just because you disagree with what I said doesn't mean you guys have to be condescending jerks about it. There is no good reason to cause tensions between the very few people that use Makoto on Dustloop. Even though I am very angry at being mocked over the last few pages, I hold no ill will toward any of you. I just won't post anything about how I play anymore.

Also, none of you have ever played me at this game. You don't know what my playstyle is like, how content I am to block someone, how many risks I take, or even how good I am.

Anyone with an Xbox is free to find out though, and I'll probably be PMing a few of you with challenge requests just to see how I stack up.

One last thing though: If you yomi 3C under Hazama's 5D chain, you can do 3[C] -> DP to beat his 5D(whiff) -> D followup -> j.A/j.B.

Double posting, banned.

>counter

Anyway, this is derailing the subjects and I have all the rights in the world to dodge such an illegitimate practice as netplay. You'll catch more bad habits there than anything else and gather the wrong information based on the wrong experiences. "I'm totally gonna learn this matchup online", no.

If the connection is good then it's a valid tool.

Otherwise you could just log on and 10-0 everybody no sweat.

I mean, I've played both and it is pretty much the same if there is no lag.

incorrect, the only reason anyone ever loses a match is because it is netplay.

offline play is a joyous land where everyone wins.

latest montreal top 4

1. Kirbster

1. Bibi

1. Level5

1. Ragna189

The real reason offline play is emphasized is because you want to grow the community. If everybody is playing at their house all the time then there is nobody to play with. And having people to play with in person gives you some good resources to tap into. But there are plenty of those online too thanks to Dustloop. And it's not like it is either/or, a lot of players like LK do both.

I do both once in a while. But you'll never get to play this game at 60 fps online and if you put a situation like a 4 Player room, you have to start dealing with 4 different frame rates, alternate combos, change stuff around, give up on combo paths, switch to braindead sub, etc. Not my type.

Ah yes. Well, I always just play 1v1s. I get bored if it is more than that although I make exceptions sometimes.

I think when people say "netplay" they mean just diving into the player matches and getting any random match of any quality. I only play good connections and FT10s usually so there is none of that.

It's not like the game is holding a gun to your head forcing you to play in shitty rooms.

Oi I'm a legitimate example of the "netplay is a terrible place for blah blah" being false. :eng101:

However Dark Ranger88, in everyone involved defense you really should had training mode tested the stuff that "seemed" to work before you mention it.

This for example: "One last thing though: If you yomi 3C under Hazama's 5D chain, you can do 3[C] -> DP to beat his 5D(whiff) -> D followup -> j.A/j.B. "

Is less advice and more a "what if" scenario on various levels.

This is coming from the guy that uses "troll tech" in tournament/majors on the regular :sweatdrop: but I would never recommend it to someone else. lol

Hihi Hiago~

mAc get a ps3 already!

For the record I'm on lurk mode at all times, ...watching you.

That said if anyone have any question related to gameplay just be sure to ask for "me" and you should have an answer in a jiffy.

Damn that's pretty creepy and kinda cute too. I'm always lurking too but you've abandoned usssss