Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OmniSScythe

[CSE] Makoto Nanaya's General Gameplay Discussion Thread

Makoto can get halfway decent rewards, but compared to everyone else, it's really screwed up. At the very least, you don't have to take just chunks of the opponent's health at a time like with Tsubaki. With Makoto, it's all about getting your big hits in. Easier said than done, once again...

Man, Platinum is not fun to fight against. Her longass blockstuns just makes me feel like I'm blocking the entire game >.>

What to do against her?

On another note, I can fight against ExcelBlitzBlue evenly now :D

Parry that stupid Heart Car move to make her think twice about abusing it. I think you can even DP if you catch it at the right moment.

Everything else should be self-explanatory. That blockstun is annoying though. She hits like a mini Tager.

Why couldn't they make parry something easier like 236D T^T

Is it worth it, vs blocking then punishing? You need RC to get anything out of it afaik. I've never bothered with it tbh :V

Besides, the move I hate most is her overhead. So much blockstun T^T.

Man, Platinum is not fun to fight against. Her longass blockstuns just makes me feel like I'm blocking the entire game >.>

What to do against her?

On another note, I can fight against ExcelBlitzBlue evenly now :D

If the Plat is using a lot of TK Swallow during mix-up, just mash. If she's using a lot of JCs to reset pressure (a lot of Plats will try to reset pressure off 5C JC), just 6A/air throw her. Other than that, you'll be blocking for a bit thanks to Plat's 5A > 2A x N pressure that eventually opens people who try to jump out or mash lol.

Isn't ExcelBlitzBlue that less-than-mediocre Tao player?

Ahk thanks :)

Yeah everyone says hes not that good (although he beats everyone I see him fight >.>). But I'm just using him as a gauge, cuz when I started learning Makoto a month ago, I wasn't able to beat him and now I can fight him evenly :D Plus, he's got like thousands of matches, and I've got like...500~ lol.

I take my losses like a man and continue playing. You don't learn anything just kicking people who are better than you, and you don't learn anything from beating people weaker than you either.

Why couldn't they make parry something easier like 236D T^T

Lol, I know what you mean there, I hate back and forth inputs for defensive maneuvers like that, but still, the parry is useful in certain scenarios, like Ragna's BE and Jin's Ice Car.

Plat's Heart Car is also nullified by it. Once you parried them, you got them right where you want them.

"and you don't learn anything from beating people weaker than you either. "

That's actually pretty off, you can learn plenty from people that aren't as good you.

But only if they actually invested into playing the game.

I haven't seen ExcelBlitzBlue in a while. Does he really do that though?

He has never kicked me and I usually go about 7-0 (usually more) in his rooms lol.

I practive new blockstrings and setups against players who aren't as skilled as me, just to see how live humans react to them. Every time I try to break something new in against a skilled opponent I end up abandoning it in favor of the stuff I already do. There is simply too much to think about against someone good.

Thats because he kicks anyone that beats him.

Well he hasn't kicked me when I manage to beat him, and despite me being lv0 connection with him lol.

Btw what do you guys usually follow gold burst with?

I practive new blockstrings and setups against players who aren't as skilled as me, just to see how live humans react to them. Every time I try to break something new in against a skilled opponent I end up abandoning it in favor of the stuff I already do. There is simply too much to think about against someone good.
Being as unexpected as possible is sometimes a good thing. It's a shame half the moves Makoto has to try different things with is easily countered against and are the most reactable. But if that random 2C lands, oh my... lol

I wish j.2C was safe on block and/or dragged people in air to ground on block and/or had invincibility :D

lol

it used to be a lot safer on block but they nerfed it because it was pretty stupid, tbh

Just like the parry. lol

Good ol' days, even though I didn't get to try that broke ass parry myself.

I honestly thought the old versions of j.2C and parry sucked at first. Then I realize too late that they were too damn good to be true, lol. I can see why they got nerfed. I don't see the rhyme or reason for the other nerfs though, weird.

Keeping it related to CP, what move changed the most dramatically in terms of usefulness/uselessness outside of 3C?

...Dammit. lol. I'm not very observant, am I?

I was curious about that question since 3C may wind up useless without projectile invuln, I doubt it will low profile anything unless the hitbox changed.

But in Ex, 3C is easily one of the most ridiculous moves in the game.