Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OmniSScythe

[CSE] Makoto Nanaya's General Gameplay Discussion Thread

im not to sure i just noted whatever is on video, i have yet to test it out. But i do believe it is character specific. Same goes with this combo

5B>5CC>5D[Lvl.3]>66>5B>6A>2D[Lvl.3]>2C>214A~D[Lvl.3]>66>5CC>j.B>dj.D[Lvl.3]>2C>214A~D [Lvl.3] 39/3857

Dash 5b after the level3 5d wiffs too, on certain characters,so it is character specific. I'll check in to it sometime when i am free.

BTW I'm sorry to ask this but is there going to be a combo thread? (^~^)??

Ugh yeah 5b whiffs on Jin and Valk. and yes i think we should get the Combo thread ... right now i'm sticking with Challenge combo ... but i doubt any of them are staple BnB combos ;_;

Ragna is so. fucking. annoying. I know he's always been an easy character to pick up and everything, but all these nonstop back-to-back ragnas in ranked makes me feel like he takes no effort to play like a pro. His moves are so good for spacing and basic stuff shuts down all of her defensive options.

Also, Noel's footsies are surprisingly strong against Makoto. Her 2A is just as fast as and has better range than Makoto's 2A, just about as much as 5B. She has some really safe block strings too.

Ragna is so. fucking. annoying. I know he's always been an easy character to pick up and everything, but all these nonstop back-to-back ragnas in ranked makes me feel like he takes no effort to play like a pro. His moves are so good for spacing and basic stuff shuts down all of her defensive options.

Also, Noel's footsies are surprisingly strong against Makoto. Her 2A is just as fast as and has better range than Makoto's 2A, just about as much as 5B. She has some really safe block strings too.

Yea i feel for u man. (^~^)// i was 7 and 0 until i fought back to back Ragnas. Ragna is imo is Easy mode. :P Also Makoto has always been spaced out by every character again IMO. Her reach is too short.

Ugh yeah 5b whiffs on Jin and Valk. and yes i think we should get the Combo thread ... right now i'm sticking with Challenge combo ... but i doubt any of them are staple BnB combos ;_;

IMO Makoto's BnB were just corner carry combos, since her damage output is high in the corner as for most character. So i wouldn't worry about it being the staple Bnb.

Our Squirrel still have corner carry? O_o ... all i do only Infinite Rush / busting 5d on standing opponent or Stargazer on crouching.

... and sometimes the challenge even go overboard raising the difficulty of the combos and lowering damage output :vbang:

Our Squirrel still have corner carry? O_o ... all i do only Infinite Rush / busting 5d on standing opponent or Stargazer on crouching.

... and sometimes the challenge even go overboard raising the difficulty of the combos and lowering damage output :vbang:

well 2A>5b>6A>5B>5CC>infinite rush is almost corner carry mid screen. It's Not corner carry full screen though. Ending aerial combos mid screen with j.D rather than cornona too.

Hello Makoto boards :3

im a Makoto main since CS1 and going to continue using her as a main in ex along Mu.

yea....thats all i guess :s

Cant wait to try ex on 22nd <3

Hahah nice to see that we still have some people still playing her in here. I picked her up in CS2 but not because she was top tier. Her combos were fun to execute compared to lambda and noel. (^~^)/

Glad to see that this board will be more alive for CSEX.

Haha Low Tier warriors. Every character pretty much had their moments of top tier then bottom tier with some exceptions.

Just to clarify. Makoto's mixs ups consists of stagger hits such as 2A or 5C~C.

6B even though its 2 frames slower, and pretty much any jump can. attacks?

Is there anything else? And block string wise what do you use?

One question to the ppl who got extend' date=' is the timing for a level 3 on any drive changed ? like lightning arrow from CS1 to CS2.[/quote']

Yea timing did change but not by much i think one that is more noticeable is 2D. As Bibiquadium stated, you will get used to it afterwards, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Just to clarify. Makoto's mixs ups consists of stagger hits such as 2A or 5C~C.

6B even though its 2 frames slower, and pretty much any jump can. attacks?

Is there anything else? And block string wise what do you use?

2A>5A>66>2A>5A>etc on some chars. 2B>66>2A, 5C>66>2A, 214A~C>66>2A, mash 2A>66>mash 2A. Dash 2A all day. Sometimes 2A>6B, 2A>2B, 5C~C, 5C>6B, something>214 something, etc. And green throws, throw rejects, purple throws, airthrows.

pretty much all of makoto's normals can be staggered for frame traps. Mixing in 214AA for resetting pressure along with 214AC for punishing mashing are also good ideas.

2A>5A>66>2A>5A>etc on some chars. 2B>66>2A, 5C>66>2A, 214A~C>66>2A, mash 2A>66>mash 2A. Dash 2A all day. Sometimes 2A>6B, 2A>2B, 5C~C, 5C>6B, something>214 something, etc. And green throws, throw rejects, purple throws, airthrows.

thank you, although 2A is a given. :P okay so not much different than what i have been doing.

2B > 5C > 214AA > 2B is a good mix-up for people that try to block overheads based on rhythm. Like say, lordknight. =P

2B > 5C > 214AA > 2B is a good mix-up for people that try to block overheads based on rhythm. Like say, lordknight. =P

yea but there are some instances where it can be baited with buster or dp.

yea but there are some instances where it can be baited with buster or dp.
Okay, lets say they try to DP the mixup on reaction and you want to be safe. 214AA has a total of 24 frames of animation. If you special cancel into it right after 5C>C then your total disadvantage is -6, which is 1 frame faster than Ragna's DP (I think it's the fastest one in the game) so it can bait it. If you expect mashing, 214AC will punish it. Makoto has tons upon tons of options to open people up.

In regards to GETB - Tager forces Makoto to play more differently than any other character in the game since he can punish options most others can't. Still, you can beat him down in many ways that other characters aren't vulnerable to either. For example, jC can actually cross up on Tager's fat hitbox.

Okay, lets say they try to DP the mixup on reaction and you want to be safe. 214AA has a total of 24 frames of animation. If you special cancel into it right after 5C>C then your total disadvantage is -6, which is 1 frame faster than Ragna's DP (I think it's the fastest one in the game) so it can bait it. If you expect mashing, 214AC will punish it. Makoto has tons upon tons of options to open people up.

In regards to GETB - Tager forces Makoto to play more differently than any other character in the game since he can punish options most others can't. Still, you can beat him down in many ways that other characters aren't vulnerable to either. For example, jC can actually cross up on Tager's fat hitbox.

oh kool then!

Great that you give me example and frame data!(^~^)/

Learning something new.:eng101:

dont forget about ib lol, its -9, afair can be beaten by ragna and makoto only. You can try eat dp active frames with 214A~D, but it's very hard.

about tager:

MTW>214C~D>720/360

720/360>214A~A>MTW

*snip

2. 5B>5CC>5D[Lvl.3]>2D[Lvl.3]>2C>236A~D>66>5CC>j.B>j.D[Lvl.3]>2C>214A~D[LvL.3]>PF[Lvl.3] 38/5182 (Start with 50 heat)

3. 5B>5CC>5D[Lvl.3]>214A~CB>5B>6A>2D[Lvl.3]>j.D[Lvl.3]>2C>236A~D[Lvl.3]>5CC>623C~D[Lvl.3] 45/4096

Just got 5 hours in training mode with Makoto and i think i'll stick with booth combos above as my staple corner combos for now and on 1st combos after 2D[3] Makoto will need 662C instead of 2C for more than half of the cast and on the 2nd, haven't thought of 214A~CB route... but can't we change the bold-ed part with 5CC>2D[1]>5CC>j.B for more damage?