Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OmniSScythe

[CSE] Makoto Nanaya's General Gameplay Discussion Thread

Ragna's normals aren't "awesomely fast". They're good footsies tools sure, but not enough to be called "awesomely fast". His mix-up is okay, but because it's only okay you have to work at hitting your opponent and get them into a state where they're scared of what you're going to do IF you're doing things right with Ragna.

Symm isn't contradicting himself. He's saying that she's overall the worst character in the game but she is capable of winning. Every fighting game has an overall best and worst character(s) in the game, that's just the nature of them. The only way for a fighting game to not have a worst character or even a best character and achieve absolute perfect balance is to make every character exactly the same. But that wouldn't be much of a fun game at all would it then?

BB is balanced in the sense that everyone is capable of winning even if some characters have to work harder then others. Plus just about everyone gets played, even in tournaments which is a lot more that can be said of other fighters out there.

Okay, but you still don't make sense. What other specs? Ragna's mixup is pretty nice when used smartly. What the hell other specs? You mean zoning or what? Its obvious he doesn't. He's a rush character, so what other specs do you mean? Mu's mixup is godlike when powered by steins or 50 metered, and that IS enough. So don't jump out of nowhere posting posts, contradicting others, which say practically nothing. Ragna does have high specs in relatively most aspects, when other chars lack or excel at something to this or that extend in blazblue. That's the gameplay's trademark. Where ragna, cs1&2 makoto, and cs noel were/are exceptions.

Stop with this nonsense, back up your words first, and prove she is the worst. You've said nothing of value so far.

What doesn't make sence? All I said was that Ragna's and Mu's mix-up isn't very good and that you should consider that in this "all specs" thing.

What don't you understand about that? All this other stuff your going on about means nothing, cuz' I never said anything about it.

Sorry but I felt that I don't need to back-up the fact that Makoto isn't the greatest character in the game (Player Skill > Tier Lists), I thought it was explained with the thousands of Tier Lists and Discussions.

I really don't understand your problem with me, I was only expressing my opinions as a new Makoto player - I wasn't expecting to get rude replies from other members of the community, otherwize I would of never posted. If I have offended you in some way, I'm sorry.

Ragna's normals aren't "awesomely fast". They're good footsies tools sure, but not enough to be called "awesomely fast". His mix-up is okay, but because it's only okay you have to work at hitting your opponent and get them into a state where they're scared of what you're going to do IF you're doing things right with Ragna.

Symm isn't contradicting himself. He's saying that she's overall the worst character in the game but she is capable of winning. Every fighting game has an overall best and worst character(s) in the game, that's just the nature of them. The only way for a fighting game to not have a worst character or even a best character and achieve absolute perfect balance is to make every exactly the same. But that wouldn't be much of a fun game at all would it then?

BB is balanced in the sense that everyone is capable of winning even if some characters have to work harder then others. Plus just about everyone gets played, even in tournaments which is a lot more than can be said of other fighters out there.

The speed at which a move with such a range as ragna's 5b comes out - can be called ridiculous, compared to similar moves of other characters. And 5c is one of the best and fastest long pokes in the game. These two specs mix is awesome, meaning they are awesomely fast an such ranges. Is that clear like this?

I still don't see Makoto as the weakest, since there simply is extend tao who lost all her attractiveness and charm together with her midscreen damage, loops, etc.

Symm, yeah, I wouldn't have posted it too if I were you. You've polished your first post multiple times by now, and now it may sound fine, but first words were pretty much shit. And you were completely wrong on Mu, but still a whole ass of confidence. Yes, I do hate that when I'm in a mood to talk shit myself, anyways, forget it no need for apologizing. Non-Russians are too nice in the internet! XD

weakest, since there simply is extend tao who lost all her attractiveness and charm together with her midscreen damage, loops, etc.

Symm, yeah, I wouldn't have posted it too if I were you. You've polished your first post multiple times by now, and now it may sound fine, but first words were pretty much shit.

I'm just going to ignore you now. This is a discussion for the most awesome furry in the world, not a place where I go to make enemies.

Also, I will not be able to upload any critic videos since Hex has "lost" his Extend and I don't know anyone else with a capture card that lives in the EU =(

I could always upload from a webcam if y'all don't mind?

Cryingvoid stop.

Also, I will not be able to upload any critic videos since Hex has "lost" his Extend and I don't know anyone else with a capture card that lives in the EU =(

I could always upload from a webcam if y'all don't mind?

Sure go do it :3

Edit: There is no new posts on the JBBS regarding the TGS loketest, seems that the game didn't change at all from the second loketest.

No....this game is still very much alive, as of now despite the release of many other fighters after its release like sf4, mvc3, mk9, SC, KoFs13, tekken, and skullgirls. Yet despite many of these epic titles(not all) its still managed to avoid fading into obscurity everytime before then, and im positive it will be the same even after P4A is out though it will be the ultimate test of this games longevity, if it can survive that storm...........

Persona 4 Arena isn't as great as everyone says it is. It's good, but not THAT good. I'm staying on the BB train for sure.

And Makoto still rocks for me, even in Extend. I don't care if she's bottom or top tier really. She's in the most awesome tier there is.

THE MAKOTO TIER!!! :yaaay: So I'm not going to whine. I'd rather have a character who is fun to play as, than have a braindead character who has flashy combos and just ahnihilates everyone with little to no skill with immense tourney wins. It makes the game boring. I play Makoto for the fun of it, so we should just get along and stop whining! Yeah, she needs buffs here and there, I can agree on that, but nothing to start a war over. In my opinion, she's still a very capable fighter, just requires a higher degree of skill to use this time around, but that is exactly what makes her a fun choice.

(EDIT: Bullet looks like shit as a design for me. Plain as day, little to no personality, weird fight style, awful outfit, etc. She can't hold a candle to Makoto.)

(EDIT: Bullet looks like shit as a design for me. Plain as day, little to no personality, weird fight style, awful outfit, etc. She can't hold a candle to Makoto.)

Makoto > Bullet bro.

Bullet has no rib cage.

There is no new posts on the JBBS regarding the TGS loketest, seems that the game didn't change at all from the second loketest.

What the hell...wasn't TGS suppose to have CP almost release ready? They didnt just put the loketest version there did they?

Noticed some arcade looking startup on single player...if that really was something new :v:

What the hell...wasn't TGS suppose to have CP almost release ready? They didnt just put the loketest version there did they?

Noticed some arcade looking startup on single player...if that really was something new :v:

We don't know what changed in the game, these stuff might be already in the loketest and maybe not. But what i know is that no one listed any change in Makoto's gameplay from the 2nd Loketest and so does for the other characters.

Makoto > Bullet bro.

Bullet has no rib cage.

No ass either with how her shorts are designed. She's too Ragna-esque in the hair department as well... And what's up with the weapons she uses? lol, she's a little TOO much like Makoto, mixed with a bit of Ragna and Tager with a touch of Bang. She was clearly made in 5 minutes. But still I may give her a try, as I do think the game needed a speedier grappler. But they could have done it tastefully.

EDIT: If she doesn't have a ribcage, her electrocution sprites will probably be freaky. O_o

I did Makoto's Astral on Umlimited Mu-12 and the game FROZE... What the hell, I swear it did it on purpose, I practically won that fight. The game can't handle the awesomeness of her Astral it seems. >_>

Anyone completed Unlimited Mars with Makoto on PSN yet? No one has on Xbox and I wanna' be the first one!

... There's got to be a trick to this somehow...

Anyone completed Unlimited Mars with Makoto on PSN yet? No one has on Xbox and I wanna' be the first one!

... There's got to be a trick to this somehow...

dunno what your smoking but somebody already beat unlimited mars with mak on xbox.

If you still want to try it, just use her anti A.I. tricks. But it's still not going to be easy... Unlimited characters are beyond BS, but I have beaten it, but no Xbox live. Using comet cannon up close with fatal counters helped greatly. The ones you should really watch out for are Unlimited Tager, Ragna, Hazama, and Hakumen. They are all dangerous, but these guys seem to be a cut above the rest.

dunno what your smoking but somebody already beat unlimited mars with mak on xbox.

Oh yeah lol, must of of been looking at friends filter or mistaken her for Litchi (Idk how that would happen).

If you still want to try it, just use her anti A.I. tricks. But it's still not going to be easy... Unlimited characters are beyond BS, but I have beaten it, but no Xbox live. Using comet cannon up close with fatal counters helped greatly. The ones you should really watch out for are Unlimited Tager, Ragna, Hazama, and Hakumen. They are all dangerous, but these guys seem to be a cut above the rest.

Thanks for the tips, you'll be me my go-to guide for getting through it XD.

Does the 'press start on another controller to restart the match' trick still work? I didn't need to use it in Extend Score Attack so I don't know =(7

EDIT: Just to add, I found the answer to my question about 4 pages back, I'm not doing the orb fast enough after 2C (On most characters I've tested on). I seem to have got it down now, thanks for all the great help!