Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OmniSScythe

[CSE] Makoto Nanaya's General Gameplay Discussion Thread

I don't think so, and I can't test it due to my other controller having stopped working for no reason. But yes, do watch out for their A.I, they are ridiculously smart. If you ever played Mortal Kombat Trilogy, and fought Jade on Master difficulty, you'll know what kind of A.I. I'm talking about. They are beatable, but ridiculously counter-based, and will have a near perfect counter for nearly every move you make. Here's a few tips, as well as some strategy, and what the character is capable of in Unlimited mode;

Taokaka- One of the easier ones. She has high-damage distortions, and one REALLY weird move where she dashes at you through the air and takes a good amount of health away from you. Tough, but not too bad. Fight her as you would regular Tao, but a lot stronger. Then, you should have your first victory. (And no, these are not in order, because I only beat unlimited mars once, and never playing it again. Not really all that fun, more frustrating than anything. But Tao will always be the first opponent.) HP: 14,000

Jin- Treat him like normal Jin, but with a ton of added damage and better invincibility frames. Parry works fine if used wisely, use comet cannon plenty. He hates that thing. Also, use other combos against him since his extra low hitbox is kind of stupid. And be warned, his pressure is amazing, and be sure to treat him like Hakumen if he has 50% meter, just like regular Jin, because he has a near-identical counter move. Use these tactics against him, and he will give in to your nasty combos. HP: 16,000

Ragna- STAY THE HELL AWAY AND WAIT FOR AN OPENING. Easier said than done, he runs fast as hell, and has insane reach. His damage is ungodly, and since he gains heat like crazy, he will use a command grab that will put the hurt on you (A lot more than half of your health). Keep him under pressure, and watch out for inferno divider just like normal Ragna. Inferno divider is far weaker than the rest of his moves, but still annoying as hell with the way he times it. Parry if close enough. Play it defensive since he is still predictable as shit, and attack cautiously and you will emerge victorious. HP: 13,000

Hakumen- Use throws more often here, careful using comet cannon due to him using your own projectiles against you. If you attempt to rush him, proceed with extreme caution, because his parry is far stronger than yours, and he can pull it out at any given time. Parry can come in handy, WATCH FOR HIS COUNTERS. Talking about counters, his distortion with the Red Zanshin at the beginning is a LOT more dangerous this time, SUPER JUMP OUT OF THERE IF YOU SEE THAT RED RING OF DEATH! (not the Xbox, his zanshin Drive), because he will unleashe a VERY powerful unblockable slash, whether you attacked him or not! His other distortion is also hard to avoid, because he will use it smartly. You can probably surprise him in this distortion with your parry, though your timing will have to be 100% perfect, so use it wisely. It's better than getting hit! And watch for his dumb 3 hit jab, because not only does it do good damage, but the last hit is overhead for some stupid reason. Doesn't look like an overhead to me... But whatever. Just show him your good throws, and let him see your high-damage air throw once in awhile and he will perish. HP: 16,000

Hazama- Will use hit-and-run tactics like a coward, then rush you down with fast high-damage combos and spam Serpent's Infernal Rapture like a pussy. You can parry if you want, but he generally likes to use low attacks first, so be very careful. Comet cannon should be used a bit sparingly, because he always knows when to jump over it. That green force field thing is not much to worry about though in my experience, Ragna's life-draining ability is far worse IMO. And also, he will combo into his other distortion almost every chance he gets, so fighting him gets really old, really fast. He is the King of Trolls for a reason. But that doesn't mean his is invincible, so if you have his attack patterns down, and which ones have the invincibility frames and when he does them, you will win at his little guessing game and knock his scrawny ass out of the park. (Keep in mind he gains heat really fricken fast, and will use distortions almost every 3 seconds or so. He's an asshole.) HP: 16,000

Tsubaki- Possibly the easiest fight. She's almost exactly like regular Tsubaki, but with more health and slightly buffed damage. Parry her when necessary. Even with her power upgrade, you still rival her damage output, so this should be a pretty good fight. HP: 15,000

Noel- Most notably, her distortions are far more damaging, and her invincibility frames are a bit more annoying this time around. She is also more difficult to approach, and trickier to deal with because she is also a lot faster. Use parry if you are good with it, comet cannon is a good option, but DO NOT USE IT WHEN SHE HAS 50% METER. Let her waste it first, then retaliate. If she is being patient, try faking her out of it. After you got her battle plan down, she will crumple to the ground. HP: 14,000

Carl- His health bar is a joke... But his combos, that's another story. They do overly devastating damage. Go full-fledge offense against him, and he will drop like a fly after just a few combos. Don't get hit, don't bother attacking the near-invincible Nirvana, because it will not do you any good. Use comet cannon near Carl, because using it at a distance will just have Nirvana eating all the shots. His crappy health is what makes him mostly easy, it's his combos that are REALLY dangerous, so if you successfully avoid his hits, you will overwhelm him physically, and be the victor. HP: 6500 (weeeeeak...)

Arakune- Annoying as hell due to him cursing you far easier, and his bugs do crap-tons of damage now. His health is also a bit higher, but not as much as some other Unlimiteds. Keep pressure on him and watch out for his throw, he tends to use it quite a bit. Jump off the ground if he is in the air with 50% meter, his Distortion in the air really hurts and can't be blocked, so jump! AND WATCH OUT IF HE SUMMONS THESE WEIRD PINK BUGS IN A BAG. IF THEY COME INTO CONTACT WITH YOU, YOU WILL DIE, REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH HEALTH YOU HAVE. Other than that, treat him like regular Arakune, and you should win. HP: 12,000

Relius- Does a bit more damage, better distortions, and has Ignis available at all times, but otherwise, he is quite easy. He should not be too hard once you have his patterns down. LOVES to attack low to start that BnB combo he loves to use every 5 seconds. Watch out for his new Distortions, because they hurt like hell, and he tends to use them in his combos a lot whenever he has meter. Show him who's boss and he will die in no time (and if you're feeling bold, Astral his ass for what he did to Makoto in her bad ending. ;) HP: 15,000

Valkenhayn- This guy is weird. He is "mostly" the same, but with a weird new stance and his damage is improved. His distortions are a bit better as well, parry with caution since his reach is better than yours. Comet Cannon works wonders against him though, and keeping him under pressure also works. His stupid low hit frame is still a problem though, so use alternate combos to take him down. He will give in to your Asteroid Vision guessing game if you are good at reading opponents. (EDIT: Has to wait a brief moment for the Wolf Guage to charge before he can transform. Take advantage of this vulnerable state and get in some good damage.) HP: 11,500

Iron Tager- Has a SHITLOAD of health (18,000!!!) and has even more invincibility frames than regular Tager. He now possesses a run (with said invincibility frames), a forward air dash, and TWO spark bolt charges. Block those spark bolts, play it defensively, don't get grabbed, and treat him like you would regular Tager for the most part. Just a lot more durable and he loves to play more aggressively due to him appraoching you easier than regular Tager can. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Cliche'! DX HP: 18,000 *Yikes!*

Makoto- Has wicked strong attack power, and lot's of invincibilty frames on a lot of moves. Has high single-hit damage, so try not to get hit. She may have lost the parry, but it's not like the computers use it anyways. Watch for her distortions, as some of them have the highest damage output in the game. (the one where she does a ton of punches, then an uppercut, looks like Infinite Rush on Super Steroids.) She's kind of unpredictable, because her moveset is COMPLETELY different from yours, only her drive is the same. Since you have the defensive advantage (albeit slightly), you should use it, since she is close-ranged just like you. After you parry her, rock her all over the stage and beat the tar out of her. HP: 14,000

(EDIT: She does have a parry. She does a weird taunt, saying either "Nice try!" or "All so nimble!". She will do Space counter if you hit her while she does this special taunt. This thing is a nice trap as well, because it stuns you for about 3 seconds on a successful hit, so be careful if she ever pulls it off.)

Platinum- Has a dumb, high-damage combo that starts from a low attack, loves to "ZOOOM!" around the stage a lot, and has distortions that cover the whole screen, including a giant kitty missle that will knock off FOUR guard primers on block (sorry Hazama/Lambda/Carl/Tao users, you're at a disadvantage here... However, Hazama can shoot an upward snake if he is fast enough). Watch for bubbles, hammer attacks, and especially the bombs. Kitty missles are still dangerous. Runs really fast, and loves to play keep-away when she knows she's getting beat. Parry the hammer, comet cannon through the bubble, run under the bombs, and you'll take her down once you nail all her attack patterns. As for the full screen distortion with the kitty missle, parry it VERY carefully, and you won't lose 4 primers. Or if you can spare them, go ahead and block it, since it's a lot safer. (looks freakishly badass though if you parry it) HP:13,500

Nu-13- Oh great... FULL SCREEN PROJECTILE SPAMMING GARBAGE. Like a much MUCH cheaper version of Lambda with good health and high damage, do not let her out of a corner, and watch for those distortions. Her attack where she has swords come from the ground and rise upward now goes all the way across, and I have not found a way around it. Good luck on this fight, she's one of the harder ones if she feels like spamming that one move against you. This move is the bane of Makoto's existence, as she can literally do nothing against it, other than instant block for some heat and do a Big Bang smash... But by that time, she probably did more chip damage and knocked off like 3 of your guard primers... Cheap bitch. >.> This move feels alot like Orochi's three-ring projectile in KOF 98' that practically made him unbeatable if it's spammed. Remember THAT thing? Yeah, this is basically the ground version of that move. As long as you stay close, you will win, and if she keeps you away, you will lose. It's as simple as that. HP: 13,000

Bang- Has an even nicer command grab now, and dashes toward you with it. I think his distortions are mostly the same, and his two-hitters still do good damage. Other than that, you can treat him mostly the same. If you lost, it was because of his manliness. HP: 15,500

Rachel- Her attacks now cover more ground, she can now place three lightning rods at once, which is annoying, and George XIII will now stay active much longer, even when you hit her. Watch for him if you are using ground combos, because he will free Rachel and she will try to retaliate. Rachel will use her distortion quite a lot like Hazama, but luckily, she won't play anywhere near as smart as him, and will just throw crap all over the screen, hoping to kill you in a lazy kind of way. If George is out, bait her away from him, or knock her away with a level 3 Impact. Once you are done comboing her, you may want to block, because this is her favorite time to do a high-damage distortion. Also, watch for her new lightning attack, it seems to go forward and backward, so get used to the directions it can go. If it is coming behind you, Makoto has the run speed to catch up to Rachel before it hits her. Once you have a good idea of what her projectiles are capable of and how to get around them, this vampiric little princess will have her ass handed to her. HP: 14,000

Litchi- Does more damage now, and breaks primers like a bitch. Other that that, she is mostly the same, with a bit more health. Parry her and pressure her, she hates both of these things, and Makoto pulls it off quite well against her. All Green is a constant threat, so be careful, and you should be okay. Oh, did I mention she can teleport right behind you now? Yeah. Watch for that too... HP: 15,000

Mu-12- The queen of foul bitches herself. Just like in arcade mode as a hidden boss, she is hard as f**k and her steins not only do more damage, but they FREE HER FROM YOUR COMBOS NOW, which eliminates the need to burst for her, but has those too, and to make matters worse, she can use the bursts to get free hits as well. Her reversal is more annoying than Ragna's Inferno Divider as well, because of the damage it does, and how far it knocks you away from her. Since it is so good, you really have to pay attention on how you attack her, and your combos have to be FLAWLESS, or she will put you into one of the following distortions;

1. A fire wave that travels across the bottom of the stage, and does retarded damage. Jump and retaliate as soon as you see it!

2. A command grab that can get you from a surprising distance away, and does EVEN MORE retarded ass damage than the first distortion. She loves to use this one the most. STAY AWAY.

3. Activating all her steins at once with extra power. This distortion isn't much to worry about. Be glad if she uses this, because not only did she waste her meter, but it's easier to see coming.

4. Some sparkly shit, idk... This is another meter-waster for her, so rejoice if she uses it. It's weak, even by regular character standards.

If you have beaten her, you are basically a Blazblue god. (or just insanely lucky like me, I lucked out on ALL these fights. XD) HP: 13,000

Other things you should know/learn well before attempting;

1. Instant Blocking

2. Solid combos or high-damage traps

3. Basic fundamentals of the game (timing, movement, defense, and knowing all the Unlimited Character's movesets)

4. Predicting what an opponent can do/what options they have at all ranges

5. Dealing with invincibility frames on all their moves, and how to counter safely

6. Learn whatever character you are using from the inside and out, and keep their weaknesses to a minimum, because against Unlimited characters, you don't have much room to screw up.

Also, don't fight any of these character like their original forms unless said above. They require entirely different strategies, and don't act like normal opponents. For the most part, you want to play REALLY defensive against them, so learn to block long combo strings, overheads, and once you have an opening, give them plenty of hell. Practice on them in versus mode to get a good idea of what they are capable of and how they behave, and be sure it's on the highest difficulty, because that's exactly what Unlimited Mars is. Find out which one gives you the hardest time, and find a way around his/her attacks and patterns. And even if you do figure out what they like to do, they will always alternate on their strategy against you as well. If they find out they are getting beat, they WILL try something else, so be prepared for to make split-second decisions.

I wish you the best of luck taking on the Unlimited mars. Practice hard, and you will pull it off. Some characters have a far harder time than Makoto does fortunately, so it's not as daunting as it seems.

And sorry if it's a long read, I hope it helps out somewhat! ;)

Duuude, you deserve a medal. Where the medals at!?

Thanks so much, will follow it all after I get Makoto's combos down firmly. I wish I could buy you 1 month XBL for your effort on the post =) Thanks again for the legendary post!

Better get practicing!

So I've been trying out all the 2C > Orb stuff that I suck at and I still can't seem to hit it on Noel =( I have only started doing it on my most common match ups (Ragna and Lambda) but when I go back to Noel it keeps dropping strangely.

I've decided to show a small video and look through previous pages again (I hope others don't have a retarded Noel hitbox =()

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-8vyvQiFzA&feature=youtu.be

After a little practice of my own, all I can say is, WATCH OUT FOR UNLIMITED RACHEL, lol, she gave me one hell of a time with that active George XIII and the high-damage distortion she always does after you combo her, don't be surprised if she does it three times in a single round. Edited the above post, her threat level went from moderate, to very high.

oh, and thanks for the offer on XBL, but my only good controller stopped working as I said. Will add you as soon as I can get either my custom controller fixed, or my made-from-scratch arcade stick. It's not as fun when I can't control my fighter properly. ;)

What i know is that the AI keep falling for every frame trap until i trap it for like 3 times.

I think about creating a group of dedicated Makoto players. Anyone up to join?

Do you love makoto with unwavering loyalty?

Is she the reason you even got into this game?

DO YOU WANT TO FONDLE THAT TAIL?

No.

No.

Yes.

Does that count?

1. Yes!

2. Yes!!

3. Maybe, will I die if I do? If not, YES. If so, IT WOULD BE TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Yay! Makoto main for life bro. Ever since she was DLC in CS1.

And I didn't know there was a fan club either. I was totally clueless. :V

This one is heavy and sturdy, a bit big so you are sure to fit one heck of a artwork on it and won't move on your lap http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=5317&idCategory=274

Or you dish in 800+$ to get a fully custom stick by b15.designs http://www.b15sdmdesigns.com/#!example-custom-arcade-sticks

Hmm... ok

secret-squirrel-training-facility.jpg

Now recruiting!

Joining conditions:

1-Makoto was your main, and will still your main

2-You like Makoto "character wise"

Goals to achive: first thing we do, is finding a name for the group xD

Furious Furries/Furry Fury

Secret Squirrel Society

Boobalicious Brawlers

Tail Lovers/Fondlers

Nanaya H.Q.

Beasts Within/Wildsiders

Planet Destroyers

Just to name a few. I can't think of anymore at the moment. LOL

Edit: awww, Makoto as a kid, she's so adorable. Hard to believe she grew up to be the ridiculously strong ass kicker we have now. (while still remaining cute and now hot at the same time)

Nanaya H.Q.

Edit: awww, Makoto as a kid, she's so adorable. Hard to believe she grew up to be the ridiculously strong ass kicker we have now. (while still remaining cute and now hot at the same time)

That 1 gets my vote and is there a moment where she isnt adorable to any degree? AND may i join???? i dont think i need to answer any questions (points to avatar and sig)