Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OmniSScythe

[CSE] Makoto Nanaya's General Gameplay Discussion Thread

calm down and keep your eye out for good uses of her two new moves or adjusted moves. you may still find her neutral/pressure interesting. never judge a character by some shitty player, lol.

Decide on roles, who's gonna take the video thread? combo thread is delayable since we weren't able to see a single full combo from Makoto players this day lol.

never judge a character by some shitty player, lol.

I am stupid but not for that much. I didn't like it to my personal preference thats all, just because i hate it doesn't mean everyone should feel the same. This is my last post about my opinion on CP. PMs are always open.

I'd love to, but I wouldn't start posting endless combos until I get a physical copy of the game myself, I'd still update it with what people reports to me.

What are the best ways to use Makoto's heat? I know she gets a RC off of her 214CC~ and air throw, and she can end combos in Super, and she has a decent Astral, but that's about it. What mix-ups should I be throwing my meter at?

It used to be better back when you could 5D/2D after hitting Mars Chopper without needing a RC.

How do you guys handle the Litchi matchup? This matchup just feels so heavily in Litchi's favor it's ridiculous.

I feel completely lost during neutral. What should I be trying to do in neutral?

And when I find myself in her blockstrings, what are the gaps I'm looking for? And how do I take advantage of them?

Okay, I've been learning Makoto for the past week in preparation for maining her in CP. Who would you say are Makoto's worst matchups in CSE and/or CP? Personally, I'm having a lot of trouble with Tager, Ragna, Carl and Noel :/

makoto is commonly said to be a bad version of bang.

she is of course bad against bang.

the only matchups in EX that might be 50-50 or close are probably jin and tsubaki.

there are probably a bunch more even matches in CP.

/depressed

But watevs. Lately, she's been interesting me more than Bang so I'll just try get as good as I can with her and have fun. It's not like I have any offline scenes in my country area TT^TT

What are fundamentals anyway? I just like hitting my opponents xD

This is basically things such as blocking, natural movement, poking properly, etc.

In other words, Makoto is very dependent on the in game physics and mechanics, more then most characters anyway. Learning Makoto helps a lot with all Neutral Games. I'm constantly using Makoto Styled movment for characters like Noel and Rachel, and even in other fighter games such as Naoto in P4A. In other words, if you can learn Makoto's neutral game. You've pretty much learned most of the neutral game of the entire BlazBlue Cast and then some.

I don't know but for me, ever since I learned Makoto, every single other character feels really uncomfortable to use. I always find myself trying to use characters that I can compare her to just so I don't get that feeling. Characters such as Ragna and Noel and such. I really regret ever trying Tsubaki though.

This is basically things such as blocking, natural movement, poking properly, etc.

In other words, Makoto is very dependent on the in game physics and mechanics, more then most characters anyway. Learning Makoto helps a lot with all Neutral Games. I'm constantly using Makoto Styled movment for characters like Noel and Rachel, and even in other fighter games such as Naoto in P4A. In other words, if you can learn Makoto's neutral game. You've pretty much learned most of the neutral game of the entire BlazBlue Cast and then some.

Hmm yeah my pro friend said that my neutral game got a lot better when I started learning Makoto :D Although, I don't think my neutral game changed with my other chars.... ._. Gotta get out those habits ahaha.