Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OmniSScythe

[CSE] Makoto Nanaya's General Gameplay Discussion Thread

You would think that will all the utility Inferno Divider has, that it would have less priority than Corona Upper, but noooo....

I honestly don't understand their thought process when they were balancing Ragna.

You would think that will all the utility Inferno Divider has, that it would have less priority than Corona Upper, but noooo....

I honestly don't understand their thought process when they were balancing Ragna.

Prepare yourself for a lecture on priority (or rather, the fact that "priority" doesn't exist)

Not trying to be an asshat, just pointing out that if you look at the frame data, you will find explanations for the things that happen. There is no "priority" in the game.

Corona Upper has 10F~ of invulnerability, Inferno Divider C has 18.

That and Ragna isn't even broken. Just he has one really dumb move that lets him get away with stuff, but he honestly needs it to be a decent character.

I'll let Kenrou defend himself, but I wouldn't really care about the lesser invuln and horizonal range if Corona's hitbox wasn't low profiled so easily. Most people can just 2B under the DP so no one has to respect her wakeup.

That and Ragna isn't even broken. Just he has one really dumb move that lets him get away with stuff, but he honestly needs it to be a decent character.

He sure as hell doesn't need all that initial damage when he has access to BK.

Not broken, but slightly overpowered.

edit: and Ragna shouldn't have to rely on one move to be decent.

Prepare yourself for a lecture on priority (or rather, the fact that "priority" doesn't exist)

Not trying to be an asshat, just pointing out that if you look at the frame data, you will find explanations for the things that happen. There is no "priority" in the game.

Corona Upper has 10F~ of invulnerability, Inferno Divider C has 18.

oh, my bad :V

I've never bothered looking at frame data lol. And I've heard commentators toss around the term priority so I thought it was a thing.

Still, corona upper is such a gimped dp lol.

Then again not everyone has a 2 Hit DP or a DP that can be cancelled into another input in some situation or used as a combo ender with a forced knock down.

Well, pretty much everything on Makoto is gimped, she doesn't really have a "wonder move" at her disposal she can abuse to get an advantage. In Ex, she gets literally nothing in return for her short range, so you have to actually plan and play smart the whole match, which I find more fun than playing repetitiously.

Besides, even if they fixed CU's hitboxes and invuln, Makoto would still kind of suck compared to the rest of the cast.

Then again not everyone has a 2 Hit DP or a DP that can be cancelled into another input in some situation or used as a combo ender with a forced knock down.

Makoto could use something like this.

We've had enough of sadlife Makoto soap opera. This never ends, she's low tier, deal with it. Her DP was just as ass in CS1/2 the only diff is that on CH it could be cancelled into a combo even on the ground without a RC.

Makoto could use something like this.

In case you didn't know, she already has that. CH DP to an Airborn enemy can be linked into 5B or 6A even Astral, a ground CH DP can be linked into PF and the reason why you delay your 2nd hit in a combo is because of the knockdown it provides.

I know. I did point out it actually makes her more fun though.

Btw, is CU > RC > etc worth doing? I've seen some people throw this out.

edit: and no I didn't know that, lol, sounds sweet.

Of course it is, imagine you are in the corner and the guy doesn't know how to 2B and gets CU'd you RC dash out and do your combo and now he's stuck in the corner.

It may link but you wont get proper oki due to proration, so you want to keep short and efficient and decide if you go for the kill or knock down.

Besides Corona RC dash under looks so freaking cool. You can rapid really quickly so that you never even leave the ground...it's like they just flew up into the air on their own.

Sounds like something to mess around with when I have the time, this'll be fun... I thank you.

Besides Corona RC dash under looks so freaking cool. You can rapid really quickly so that you never even leave the ground...it's like they just flew up into the air on their own.

This is fun to do. I kind of already knew it, not sure if it was useful or not, but Bibi answered that question.

Yeah the RC has to be right away unless you want to trick your opponent by delaying the RC into j.CC or just j.C crossup if not barrier blocked on some character.

Hmm if you are too high it may not work but here's a scale. Too high try to land then j.B j.D / j.CB DP. From mid height land then 6A (2D) 5B j.B j.D or just 6A j.B j.D etc. Very low to the ground you can link into 2C. (yeah, surprisingly). I'm just throwing that out because usually its just my abare that kicks in and never took note of what I did.

Hmm if you are too high it may not work but here's a scale. Too high try to land then j.B j.D / j.CB DP. From mid height land then 6A (2D) 5B j.B j.D or just 6A j.B j.D etc. Very low to the ground you can link into 2C. (yeah, surprisingly).

Seriously!? That would rack up some big ass damage, but I don't see how the opponent would actually let that happen unless they screwed up really bad, haha.

It's been work, work, woooooork for me. Whenever I'm on DL during the day, I'm at work also.

I need to re-watch all your vids and get back into BB, this stuff is interesting.