Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OmniSScythe

[CSE] Makoto Nanaya's General Gameplay Discussion Thread

I don't think 3C currently has any projectile invulnerability at all (at least that's what the wiki says), only body and head. Stuff like Rachel's lobelia and pumpkin, Jin's aerial ice blades, and Mu's stupid orb will all hit you out of 3C.

If a projectile doesn't hit you out of 3C it's because you low profiled it. I don't know how this works against Lambda's spike chaser or Jin's ice wave distortion though, when it clearly shouldn't.

Edit: confused foot and head lol

I don't think 3C currently has any projectile invulnerability at all (at least that's what the wiki says), only body and head. Stuff like Rachel's lobelia and pumpkin, Jin's aerial ice blades, and Mu's stupid orb will all hit you out of 3C.

If a projectile doesn't hit you out of 3C it's because you low profiled it. I don't know how this works against Lambda's spike chaser or Jin's ice wave distortion though, when it clearly shouldn't.

Edit: confused foot and head lol

That's strange, because I see it occasionally work against Jin's aerial ice blades as well. You could land a direct hit, and you'd see the invuln effect.

Idk, just a weird move altogether, but it was one of the best things I experimented with while learning Makoto. The day I saw myself spinning through Spike Chaser with it, I'm just laughing and thinking "how does that make any f**king sense!?" xD

I learned about it just by playing her, I didn't need a wiki to realize how bs of a move it was. xD

Anything that moves forward with a good amount of invuln with low profile is pretty jacked up, lol.

3C is far from OP. The invulnerability runs out way before the attack starts up, meaning that even if you use it against the right move you could still get hit (like if your opponent reacts slowly and does their attack late).

Also it's too slow. Really good players can react to it with a low or a throw for free damage. Using it on prediction or randomly in neutral can get you fatal'd and take half of your health.

It's good in specific situations, but it is far from being jacked up BS.

I wasn't talking about OP bs, I'm talking about "tactically gimmicky" bs. xD

It kills bursts and everything, and still manages to be somewhat useful, but still easily punishable.

Come to think of it, I don't think Makoto has any OP moves in Ex. :/

That's not true we have...ah...uh...j.2-nah that got nerfed...

Hmm...wait! What about 5-tch, no that sucks too...

Alright, screw it! I give up. All our moves are cabbage.

Cabbage? Yes. But at least we are not lettuce. We could have it as rough as some bottom tiers I've seen in other games, they were borderline useless.

For that, I'm thankful.

How much respect is too much respect? Like I'd rather return to neutral despite me getting the knockdown, unless I've got them in the corner :V And I probably don't mash out of blockstrings as often as I think I should. :/

Returning to neutral is the last thing you want to with this character. Rushdown characters rely on momentum to win, even more so with Makoto because of her lack of range. You just want to hit them 3-5 times and go to the next round ASAP.

Sure you need to respect their wake-up options but you have to make them feel like it's necessary to use a reversal in the first place. Backing off on wake-up makes it much less likely that your opponent will hang themselves with a poorly-positioned reversal.

Yeah, what Yazu said. Returning to neutral wouldn't be so bad if Makoto had some ranged poking ability. Pokes do not exist with her.

I define pokes as something like this; "an attack that is safe on block and has good range, used primarily for baiting without too much risk"

No such thing in Makoto's case, you just have to outperform the opponent and keep whatever momentum you have going. You wouldn't dare go back to neutral with Tao, would you? lol

I do when I play tao :V

idk man, when I camp their body, it seems I usually get hit instead xD But I'll try to keep the pressure more.

I also need to learn to punish rolls :V My fundamentals are so out of whack xD

Hey, it's cool to beat the crap out of the opponent while they are down in Blaz. It's not like the other characters play fair anyways, so abuse it, lol.

You're playing as the fairest character in the game, so you have the right to play a little dirty.

And you think your fundamentals are out of whack? You should see me, I may sound (somewhat) like I know what I'm talking about, but believe me, I am bad at Blazblue. xD

Lol when I'm losing I like to pink throw, so I fight dirty plenty already hehe.

Hurry up and go on psn so I can fight you already (in lag) :V

Oh yeah, I beat an unlimited ragna today, and he msged me wondering how I can play so well in lag xD. m8 as an Australian I was born in lag.

MUST... GET... PSN...!!! There's so many more Makotos to practice with on PSN than XBL. :(

Gratz on beating an Unlimited Ragna, what was your strategy there?

Plan A: Mash and possibly die.

Plan B: Noob Tactics! (die)

Plan FTS: Give it your best shot, still possibly die ;D

There's actually not many makotos I run into on psn ._. There's some newbie ones, but every time I run into them on ranked, I'm usually using one of my troll chars like Hakumen or Tager. And then I end up bodying them and never see them again ._."

Actually, I just did a lot of pink throws on the ragna xD I was like "you be cheap by sneaking in an unlimited, and I'll be cheap by pink throwing you to oblivion (in lag)" :V

It's still sounding more hopeful than Xbox, and I can learn from Bibi and Stargazer easier and more conveniently than on XBL.

Last time me and Bibi met up on XBL, it was a disaster. we couldn't accurately play at all, because the lag was shifty. I can't tell you how many lvl3 Drives I dropped, and my combos were non-existent.

Not entirely true. It's about the same whenever I go on my friend's PS3 in my experience, and the PS3 has a lot more games that caught my attention recently, so I have multiple reason to get one. The free internet is a bonus. Any dollar I can save a month is better in my eyes.

Besides, I'd be glad to play you with lag. I need to get used to that stuff, it's the main thing that's killing my netplay Makoto right now. Besides, lag has it's funny moments. I remember both me and another Makoto started the fight with Lvl3 5D right off the bat, and then a lag spike hit for the slow-mo exact same time hard-hitting hilarity. Using 5D like that is not preferred, but I was thinking "eh, whatever." *both players charging, release, BOOOOOOM!*

I guess so. You'd need to get a ps3 for cp sooner or later anyway lol.

YAY :D. Just curious, how easy is it for you to just say "I'm not gonna fight anyone below lv2 connection"? It's pretty much impossible me, especially since for some reason, most of my friends only start playing at around midnight >.>

And I'd imagine that would've been pretty hilarious haha. Did you save the replay? I don't play with enough makotos to have experienced a drive trade :(

YAY :D. Just curious, how easy is it for you to just say "I'm not gonna fight anyone below lv2 connection"? It's pretty much impossible me, especially since for some reason, most of my friends only start playing at around midnight >.>
As I said, I won't mind the lag as long as it is a fun match. I won't take it too seriously unless the opponent requests it. (and then I meet my maker anyways, lol)

Besides, I know for a fact that no connection is as bad as Brawl. Basically unplayable.