Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OmniSScythe

[CSE] Makoto Nanaya's General Gameplay Discussion Thread

Just curious as to what setups you guys use to bait bursts. I'm at the point where I can feel the burst coming most of the time, and I have to say that I almost jizz in my pants every time I successfully bait a burst. (Seriously I let out an audible, "Ohhh yeahhhh" or "Mmmmm")

Here are the four scenarios in which I usually bait bursts:

5B > 5C > JC > block burst --- During the start of a combo that would kill them or if I feel they are very frustrated.

Throw > 6A > JC > block burst --- At the start of a throw combo in the corner that will kill them.

(Corner combo) > 5D/j.D > 66 > Barrier > block burst --- When they are so low on health that a 66 > 5CC > Particle Flare will kill them (They think you're going for the round ending DD).

Parry > Space Counter attack > RC > block burst --- People LOVE to burst after you parry them. There's a threat of big damage and they get all nice and embarassed. Plus even if they don't burst you can combo them with 5CC before they spin to the ground.

Just wondering if there's any more juicy goodness I could be having.

Baiting bursts, whats that? :V The only time I "bait" bursts (accidentally), is when I cancel into C Lightning Arrow xD

How do you guys deal with Hakumen? It feels like all he has to do is swing his sword randomly to victory >.> My stubby arms can't reach him TT^TT

I didn't know about the 5CC combo after parrying. No RC or anything, right?

No you still need to rapid cancel. You just do lvl3 Space Counter > RC > and then wait to see if they bursted or not. If they didn't burst just 5CC them before they hit the ground.

If you don't rapid cancel it the space counter punch will take you too far away from them to do anything.

Umm how do you deal with hazamas that spam j.C? His chains and rising fang make it hard enough to get in on him as it is...

If he's close and normal jump height 6A anti air works well, although you can get more damage on a 2C (fatal!) if you can time it well. if he's closing in at super-jump height or with an arial chain/airdash you can throw out a rising j.b to attack from below (a ch. from j.b hurts a lot.) Lastly if they are going at an angle such that they to land beside you, you can do a 214a~d(lv3) for a quick fatal counter.

Also there is fun times to be had here with space parry, but that requires harsh timing, and its input is difficult to just pull out...

Hey everyone, i got blazblue 3 days ago and even tho i started off playing Ragna i went into training mode and i liked playing as Makoto, she felt like a slow but strong and hard hitting character with alot of mixups, however its only been 3 days and i do want to get better as Makoto, what should be my beginner combos?,how do i play her effectively as a beginner? and what should i practice in training mode with her ?

Go to challenge mode to get a general feel for her combos first, and then practice online with other Makoto's, and you'll learn lots really quickly.

She requires a lot more fundamentals than any other character in the game, so she's great to start learning with regardless.

Hey everyone, i got blazblue 3 days ago and even tho i started off playing Ragna i went into training mode and i liked playing as Makoto, she felt like a slow but strong and hard hitting character with alot of mixups, however its only been 3 days and i do want to get better as Makoto, what should be my beginner combos?,how do i play her effectively as a beginner? and what should i practice in training mode with her ?
I made this thread a while back for combo/oki introduction: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?15974-One-Last-Hurrah-A-practical-combo-guide-for-EX-Makoto

the main thing to remember is to play her like Ragna. Her mix-up is pretty simple and high risk so don't go in too hard. Rely more on neutral and punishing people with dash 5A/5B or jA/6A.

That feeling when you lose 50 times to a friend, but knowing that most of those times you almost won. How do you guys cope with it? Do you get disheartened and switch out to another character, or just keep powering on through? Plat's mixups are brutal man.

It's not easy at first, nor later on. Once you learn how to deal with the other characters, that's only half the battle. Makoto's one of the hardest to win with this time around, but once you start racking them up, it's very rewarding.

Just keep doing you're best and you'll win eventually. Just try to learn from your past mistakes though. Don't be a scrub.

Oh, I did manage to beat him like 10 times. But aside from those 10 times, he beat me like 50 times :/ I started off being basically a punching bag for him, but now most of our matches are pretty close. But still, it feels so bad :( It doesn't help that I swore to him that there'll be a mountain of dead lolis by the end of it xD

I can beat his Makoto, Lambda, Litchi, Taokaka and Tsubaki pretty easily, but his Plat and especially his Noel mop the floor with me :/

That's all it comes down to, huh.

Btw, I usually like to end my corner combos early after j.D, in favor for setting up comet cannon oki. Is this good or bad? Nvm, apparently 6B is the thing to do in EX.

As the KO hit to particle flare.

But seriously, I think the move might be a little slow, but if the conditions are right, and you hit the opponent just before recovery animation, you can follow it up.

Yeah I kinda find it annoying that it takes longer for us to punch than for a certain character to swing a huge sword. You know who I mean xD

But anyways, should I use j.C for air-to-air? j.C is pretty slow and isn't very rewarding most of the time, but j.A tends to punch over them :/

Also, is 5C > 8jc > j.CC blockstrings a thing? I'm pretty sure I saw Goro do it, in CP though.

It's a very yolo-esque move when going air-to-air, and most of the time, it will lose badly to other (far better) air attacks.

Airdash happy characters like Tao or Bang may accidently run into it occasionally, but the damage usually is not worth the risk. Going for regular j.C is usually better on the offensive. Faster, comboable, range still shorter than a pixel.

Hate to say it, but j.C is probably our best air attack. Air jabs are more for interrupting than anything else. And j.B feels more like a situational move, like all our other moves.

Also, is 5C > 8jc > j.CC blockstrings a thing? I'm pretty sure I saw Goro do it, in CP though.

I would stick with j.B>j.CC