Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

lol i can imagine GGAC+ having "challenge" mode and the number of hours every (no GG exp) BB player will get to do combos XD

Hmmmm I just had this wild idea.

They should make a custom challenge mode, where you can make your own challenge/combo, and then you can go online, upload your challenge so that other people can see it, download it and then test/play the challenge.

I'm not sure about the technical difficulties of this, but its kind of good for improving the gameplay, since we know 95% of the combos the company makes at the start of the game are not the combos that people will use ( specially in these type of games, i.e GG,BB etc )

Hey anger-filled breh goon, heres my youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pestilencetheplague?feature=mhee#p/u/28/EltJJLHUf2Y you can find a few "recent" matches of me and even some combo vids I made. He'll even some tutorial stuff I put together to help other GG players out. You can throw all these theories and thoughts and accusations around all you want but keep in mind just because you say it doesn't make it true.

On a more positive note, I hope there are a new breed of Bridget players. He always seems neglected and more people should play him.

Imo, if you're a true GG fan you'd be playing better than that youtube shows by now...

I really hope there will be a rebalancing of some sort. I love this game and I never stopped playing it since it came out and it's not that I'm bored of it or anything... But this game needs something new even if it's just minor balance tweaks. True, balance in GGXXAC is far from being bad compared to many other games, but there's still plenty of room for improvement and developers should know what to do now that the game has been out for ages. I doubt a netcode will be enough to keep people playing, especially considering how the game is strict on inputs. If there's nothing new veterans will be bored eventually and the sucky online mode won't be enough to just keep them playing. We would be back to the present situation in no time (IE no or few players left in our western communities).

Just my opinion anyway but this is how I am feeling right now about this. I don't understand why so many veterans seem not to want any rebalance for this game. Street Fighter 3S fans wished the same back then for 3SO and we know how things are now.

Edited by Dream Maker

not sure if they can do this as fanny is a fan-made character, is not official as far as i know, obviously doesn't have a complete move set since she's never been in an arcade release with all the buttons and stuff.

bb has good net code so this is looking probable.

Last time I checked, Fanny appeared in 2 official wonderswan games

I really hope there will be a rebalancing of some sort. I love this game and I never stopped playing it since it came out and it's not that I'm bored of it or anything... But this game needs something new even if it's just minor balance tweaks. True, balance in GGXXAC is far from being bad compared to many other games, but there's still plenty of room for improvement and developers should know what to do now that the game has been out for ages. I doubt a netcode will be enough to keep people playing, especially considering how the game is strict on inputs. If there's nothing new veterans will be bored eventually and the sucky online mode won't be enough to just keep them playing. We would be back to the present situation in no time (IE no or few players left in our western communities).

Just my opinion anyway but this is how I am feeling right now about this. I don't understand why so many veterans seem not to want any rebalance for this game. Street Fighter 3S fans wished the same back then for 3SO and we know how things are now.

Having GGAC on HD platforms and ASW with the rights and making games is more than most of us could have possibly dreamed of at this point.

A brand new GG, with re-balancing and re-drawn graphics is a huge project that hopefully they'll do. However, a port of GGAC to HD is a much quicker and cheaper project that's hard to have a complaint for.

Edited by Hellmonkey

Tbh, I really hope to see some new sprites going on, the current ones are getting really outdated.

Oh, and keep yourself alive III and alike wouldn't be bad either:P

Having GGAC on HD platforms and ASW with the rights and making games is more than most of us could have possibly dreamed of at this point.

A brand new GG, with re-balancing and re-drawn graphics is a huge project that hopefully they'll do. However, a port of GGAC to HD is a much quicker and cheaper project that's hard to have a complaint for.

You're absolutely right and I'm not going to complain about it anyway. It's just that I think we shouldn't be expecting this "new" GG to magically revive the community if they decide to put minimal effort in it which would be the case if there is no rebalancing. But indeed, if they really plan to work on a brand new GG game and this is the thing they need to bring the hype back somehow then all the better.

Edited by Dream Maker

Even if it doesnt revive the community at least now people will actually access to the game, and have the opportunity to net place against people. That was the thing people were looking for and would be more willing to play GG. It will be much easier for trying to get people in the game as well, now that they do not need to play on the very old ps2. They can just download it and start playing, which is what my friends are finally doing. Now that it is going to be available they were wondering if I can help them learn the game which im more then willing too because I want more people in the scene

Hardcore attitude at it's finest. Fucking casuals ruining the genre.

I wake up ta 6:30 AM and arrive by 8 to clean up the place and make it nice for people to play their games.

I've stolen back the game out of hidden spots like behind furniture and out of trashcans and negotiated some fucking space for games.

When people want to throw games of others they don't like in the trash because they don't want other people playing it, I make sure people can play their fucking games, no matter how shitty anyone thinks they are.

I offer to set up and have been trying to get local recordings going so people can watch and learn from their own matches (including myself - for all games - yes, even fucking MAHVEL. I'll even do Jackie Chan fists of fire if someone asked) If it wasn't for people stealing from each other or my own lack of time or money to bring shit, I'd have me my own local venue for anime games.

So yes, I see this fucking shit posted and it pisses me the fuck off.

Thank you very fucking much.

Again you're missing the point here. People want to be rewarded for the hard-work, or have to do more work. When you lose one of the most interesting parts (to some people) it is a shitty feeling. I'm not saying "Fucking casuals ruin the game" I'm sayingit sucks when something you worked hard on gets thrown out the window.

Why are you so fucking thick-headed? You need to understand what people are saying, I play both BB and GG, and a lot of people do the same. Don't forget that, and don't let the loud-mouthed people get to you. Not all the GG veterans are like that. Fuck. You just read what you want to read.

Don't get over yourselves too much, it's not a new GG coming out so don't expect too much other than what you've seen in the screenshots + netplay. As for balance or whatsoever, even there I'm in doubt but nothing can be said yet.

This. I'd rather have ASW blast a port out by the end of the year and THEN count their monies and decide what to do with the franchise. The game is balanced enough for many (lol Anji players can suck it) and it's the most FUN revision of them all. Barring bad netcode online play will keep us busy for a bit.

I would like to see a new Guilty Gear have some BlazBlue quality improvements. Story mode like BB, Soft resets, button checkless, The whole cast but balanced. (include Fanny, Kliff, Justice).

All the good stuff for netplay, some on board stat tracking.

Tutorials and challenges are needed, too.

i'm pretty hyped to see how Justice and Kliff work out once this shows up, especially with an arcade release. I don't think anyone ever looked into them seriously.

As for the future, I do expect Daisuke to return to the Overture timeskip events. I'd be nice to see how Dr. Paradigm and Gear community are doing. Also Ky's Wife. And Aria. Also that tiny little end of the world stuff That Man was chatting about.

Okay, why the 3SO hate? :v: IMO that port wasn't bad, even with some gayass returning gimmicks

The port was bad, they botched the implementation of GGPO, really dumb glitches, and it wasn't Arcade Perfect despite them repeatedly stressing it would be.

The port was bad, they botched the implementation of GGPO, really dumb glitches, and it wasn't Arcade Perfect despite them repeatedly stressing it would be.

Got the details? :v:

the problem with 3so is not related to the fact that 3so is theorically the same game, but that its not the perfect port that they stressed that was, plus the implementation of GGPO is not well done, to give you an example, i have no problems playing 3s on ggpo with a friend that lives in another city, but if i play the same friend on 3so our matches are unplayable, add the bugs, and changes to the hud that didnt make any sense

the thing with those "old games" is not that the veterans want the games to stay the same, but that they are products to satisfy the need of having said old games on the newest consoles, also if you rebalance those games you dont necesariliy would make the balance better, you can potentially fuck up instead of fixing whatever balance problems those games could have; also, if the veterans get bored of the game for being the same, then... :vbang:, i dont know what to tell you

the idea of this port is to introduce GGAC to a potential new player base, and give the people who is already playing it, an alternative for their new consoles, re balanceing it could be detrimental in the long run

btw, im pretty sure that they already working on the new GG, but we wouldnt find about it, until they release the last BB on the trilogy

The fuck.

I never had problems playing 3SO online. Only 1 out of 20 matches were unplayable for me.

Also, gameplay wise, I never noticed any bugs. Only the lol sounds bug shit

-Best news I've heard anyone's heard in a long while

-Entire thread is people being angry.

Never change Dustloop. Ever.

Because rather than get together and sing kumbaya, hostility somehow came about and cue classic BBG esque shitstorm. I was thinking we'd take a leaf from the camcom community's book where many of the top Marvel players are Top AE players and both games thrive but i suppose it was too much to ask for. The hate is pretty unecessary from BOTH sides, if I'm a BB player coming into this thread hyped up and read some of the shit here then the consensus you'd get from the GG community would be all flawed. I personally came into to the thread the day of the reveal to drop my obligatory "best day ever" post only to see people i've never heard of shitting on BB and "dropping" it for GG. I personally will play both

tl;dr

lol silly ppl, why cant you play both? i'll be mashing jin and ky once again.

Indeed, Jourdal. I'll still be playing Hakumen, but now I can finally do what I wanted to do years ago--play Guilty Gear with human players without the need to go to a tourney (while online was possible, I'm working under the assumption the netcode will be good). That and I can finally teach my friend how to play, and then we can go get our asses kicked together!

I'll still be maining Ky (and subbing a barely mediocre Dizzy), but this announcement makes me to play with the entire cast again and see if someone strikes a chord with me. I always had fun playing Jam (horribly)...

Moving away from the ranting and 3SO for a second, has there actually been any hint of release dates or anything? It's not like I haven't bothered looking, but all I have got so far is that they are announcing it alongside the arcade version.

as far as i know, there is not a release date yet :/

i could see this game dropping on arcades before sbo

and on consoles around fall

lol silly ppl, why cant you play both? i'll be mashing jin and ky once again. and probably someone in p4arena as well.

I personally will play both

word on that

the problem with 3so is not related to the fact that 3so is theorically the same game, but that its not the perfect port that they stressed that was, plus the implementation of GGPO is not well done, to give you an example, i have no problems playing 3s on ggpo with a friend that lives in another city, but if i play the same friend on 3so our matches are unplayable, add the bugs, and changes to the hud that didnt make any sense

the thing with those "old games" is not that the veterans want the games to stay the same, but that they are products to satisfy the need of having said old games on the newest consoles, also if you rebalance those games you dont necesariliy would make the balance better, you can potentially fuck up instead of fixing whatever balance problems those games could have; also, if the veterans get bored of the game for being the same, then... :vbang:, i dont know what to tell you

the idea of this port is to introduce GGAC to a potential new player base, and give the people who is already playing it, an alternative for their new consoles, re balanceing it could be detrimental in the long run

btw, im pretty sure that they already working on the new GG, but we wouldnt find about it, until they release the last BB on the trilogy

Well then it seems my expectations are just totally different from those of many people here. I mean, I already play the game and enjoy it as it is, probably won't play it online anyway because it will certainly be too frustrating to mess up inputs because of delay etc... It's not that I'm bored of GGXXAC or anything, I just don't see the point of me purchasing the same version just to play it on my next gen console. I still have my PS2 and it works well.

I dunno if vets will be bored or not if this new GG ends up being the same. But many of them dropped the game a while ago. I find it hard to believe that so many people stopped playing just because they can't play it on their next gen console and online. How were they doing before next gen and online stuff happened ?

As for a next gen port being able to bring new people into the scene I'm quite skeptical. Most new people today like to play online. Blazblue for example is playable online without major problems because it has a very permissive input system. GG on the other hand doesn't have this, it has 2 frame FRCs, 2 frame slashbacks, etc... I played reload online on PC enough to understand that the online play made this game feel a lot different and definitely harder to play. Some chars like I-no in an online GGXXAC would be close to unplayable. Sure they could implement Blazblue's input system but it would completely fuck the whole game up.

Anyway I realize that I am mainly speculating at this point. We don't know yet how they will handle this. I understand why some people want to have this game online on next gen and would prefer to keep it as it is. But I can't share the same enthousiasm for this, and this has nothing to do with hate, rage or boredom.

Edited by Dream Maker