Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

People arguing about GG and BB. Come on people please. There is no need for such pointless arguments. Go support either game or both if you want. Just don't have a pointless, stupid argument on both games. I'm going to be playing both games thank you.

People arguing about GG and BB. Come on people please. There is no need for such pointless arguments. Go support either game or both if you want. Just don't have a pointless, stupid argument on both games. I'm going to be playing both games thank you.

While I agree with the argument being a little too heated, it's makes you sound like you have a "holier than thou" attitude when you call something "pointless", I know it's pointless to you, but it just makes people feel like you're looking down on them calling their arguements pointless, besides the hate has mostly died down, at least in this thread. Seriously, using the word pointless to describe something people obviously have strong feelings for will just stir up more hate.

i'm pretty hyped to see how Justice and Kliff work out once this shows up, especially with an arcade release. I don't think anyone ever looked into them seriously.

I have a feeling they'll still be left out, but I really hope they are included since I'd rather pick up Justice than re-learn Testament. I wonder how many people have actually been wanting to play them? there'll be a pretty huge surge if so.

I have a feeling they'll still be left out, but I really hope they are included since I'd rather pick up Justice than re-learn Testament. I wonder how many people have actually been wanting to play them? there'll be a pretty huge surge if so.

I'm not gonna lie, if Justice become legal, my love of mecha would force me to play her.

I'd be happy with just the game + BB netcode myself. If they can add a challenge mode and other goodies, all the better.

-----

I doubt this would end up like 3SO. Arc does quality work, and I couldn't see them releasing anything half-assed. It'll be the good stuff.

Last I recall, Arcsys was charging cash money for colors in BB...

true i forgot about that, since i only cared about the dlc chars

but hey, at least they arent as bad as the potential dlc gems for sfxt :P

the fact that they sell colors means that we wouldnt see a color edit mode, even as a dlc mode, lol

....I was holding off on getting 3rd Strike, Arcana Heart 3, and Battle Fantasia...guess I got something to look forward to on PSN. :D

I dunno if vets will be bored or not if this new GG ends up being the same. But many of them dropped the game a while ago. I find it hard to believe that so many people stopped playing just because they can't play it on their next gen console and online.

Its not like that's the only reason people stopped playing. SF4 happened and BB came out the same year on consoles. Then I also remember EVO taking Guilty Gear out of its main lineup. Not to mention the U.S. GG community was never really huge to begin with (there were some 100+ man tourneys but that was it). I remember one of the biggest problems with GG was that it was damn impossible to learn so many matchups with everyone spaced out in the U.S. (i.e. I LITERALLY had to play people from Philly/New York to vs. a good Testament, Eddie, I-No, etc.). As the community began to lose interest there was pretty much no incentive for newcomers to pick GG over the current generation of fighting games. Why play something on an outdated console when you can play something new on a current generation console that has competition and even online play? This port is nothing but good news to me because now maybe more people will be interested in the game.

I just hope they fix the game speed (as opposed to console AC) and somehow they fix the 4 frame thing. Anything else is extra.

Regarding all that whole "mainstream players not getting it" thing...the people who cut their teeth on BlazBlue (i.e. CT or CS was their first fighter) would probably get into Guilty Gear a bit easier than anyone from the Street Fighter or MvC or Tekken crowds.

Idiots will eventually call this an "anime fighter" and underestimate it anyway. But at least now more players can pick it up and learn it better instead of gaming in isolation (like I've had to do).

from what i understand the 4 frames input delay its something that its inevitable, im not sure if it has to do with all the games that run at 720p, but this thing its also present on the arcade versions of all games of this current generation, at least its what i heard

from what i have been told by people playing the games on the arcade machines, its 4 frames for all the games, tekken 6, ssf4, bbcs, etc

bbcs for example, has the same input delay on the arcade, xbox 360 and ps3, the same goes for kof xiii (i can at least confirm for both games since i have played them on arcades, and on both consoles), tekken 6 and scv are the same as well as i have been told (scv for consoles of course, since there is not an arcade version)

it seems that the only games with slight differences (one frame so far) are sf4 and mvc3 (the last one im not sure) due to some sort of "bad" programming by capcom

So the original arcade GGAC doesn't have any input delay? Maybe that's why it feels easier to block in GG.

well i'm not getting my hopes up for a release earlier in this year.... but hopefully it comes out by the end of the year

something i think would be nice would be a replay gallery like gundam's where you just pick a character and can download replays or sc5 where you can convert replays to mp4 and just copy it off