Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Am I the only one expecting a release within a few months? say by june at the latest?

No, I'm expecting it within a few months as well.

They're just porting the game to next-gen, they're not creating a whole new game from scratch, so it shouldn't take long.

Just my opinion anyway but this is how I am feeling right now about this. I don't understand why so many veterans seem not to want any rebalance for this game. Street Fighter 3S fans wished the same back then for 3SO and we know how things are now.

No. The REAL Third Strike players didn't want a rebalance, it was the SF4 players who were going to play the game for 3 weeks then drop it who wanted a rebalance. GGAC doesn't need a rebalance either. If you rebalance it, then it's not the same game anyway.

The port was bad, they botched the implementation of GGPO, really dumb glitches, and it wasn't Arcade Perfect despite them repeatedly stressing it would be.

The glitches were the only legit complaint. 3SO is the closest thing to the arcade game that has ever been seen on a home system, and if you don't think so, then you've probably never played the game on a cab (which I do semi-regularly.) The GGPO complaints were from people who didn't know how to set it up properly/had budget (read: shitty) connections or didn't know how to read the pings. Short of delivering a 3s cab to every player's house, I don't know how much more Capcom could have done to please these people, and this is coming from a Third Strike player.

Buuuuut back on topic: this is amazing news! I'd been holding out on buying a console until either a new GG or GGAC with netcode was brought out. Looks like I"m gonna have to save my pennies! It'll be good to finally play against someone who actually WANTS to play the game (rather than roping my bro into playing it with me) and this'll be a good excuse to finally get serious about GG.

No. The REAL Third Strike players didn't want a rebalance, it was the SF4 players who were going to play the game for 3 weeks then drop it who wanted a rebalance. GGAC doesn't need a rebalance either. If you rebalance it, then it's not the same game anyway.

It's not the same game if you play it online anyway, so the comparison is a moot point. It's more important that the game is accessible now.

I've been a GG fan since way back, and anyone who knows me knows I play it, so chances are friends won't take long to pick it up.

If they only port it I don't think it will take them too long. But if they are going to make it HD, as some think (and I doubt they will), it will take them much longer, drawing bigger sprites and stuff...

It's not the same game if you play it online anyway, so the comparison is a moot point. It's more important that the game is accessible now.

I see what you're getting at, but I'm talking more about moves being intact and everything hitting like it should moreso than any lag being present. I had lagless games against people with yellow and even orange pings. I do agree that the game being more accessible now is a good thing though.

But ARC's netcode is some of the best on the market these days, so I have faith that GGXXAC's will be excellent (at least I hope it will be. Lag would kill a game like GG moreso than it would SF.)

So the original arcade GGAC doesn't have any input delay? Maybe that's why it feels easier to block in GG.

i think that you can get accostumed to the input delay and not feel it by some time after playing games with it

Am I the only one expecting a release within a few months? say by june at the latest?

i can see the arcade version of the game being released by june, but im also sure that we are not going to see the console release until fall, after all, they would try to get some income for the arcades before releasing the game on consoles

No, I'm expecting it within a few months as well.

They're just porting the game to next-gen, they're not creating a whole new game from scratch, so it shouldn't take long.

porting a the game to a new console/machine can be very taxing if the architecture of said console its different enough that they need to re-script part of the code, so no, porting a game is not easy, and actually can take long, specially if you want a game free of bugs and a perfect port, specially now that they are porting the game to 3 different architectures

now im also sure that they made the announcement when they were in the final stages of the development, so at least as i said, we can expect the arcade reease by summer, and probably before SBO

also we dont know if they are implementing new stuff, or if they are make changes to the chars, at least we asume that they are gonna make some changes to justice and kliff, and maybe (streching this to much) as some people wish on the ex chars as well, if they really decide to make them avaible for arcades

Only DLC shit I'd want in this:

-The remastered GG1 tracks (so I can finally replace that gay-ass Noontide shit for awesome and MANLY Conclusion :kitty: ). Including remastered versions of Black Soul and In Slave's Glory.

-GG2O tracks.

-GGX Heavy Rock tracks.

-Retarded extra content like Robo mkII (yeah, not likely to happen), extra bosses and all that shit.

i like how on srk there are people who are arguing if we should let justice kliff and the EX (if they are ported to the arcade as well) be tournament legal

seriously

No. The REAL Third Strike players didn't want a rebalance,

That's what I meant, sorry if it wasn't clear in my post because it seems you understood the exact opposite. IE GG vets right now are a majority not to want a rebalance, so were the third strike vets when 3SO was announced.

Edited by Dream Maker

i like how on srk there are people who are arguing if we should let justice kliff and the EX (if they are ported to the arcade as well) be tournament legal

seriously

To me this translates as people complaining about having too many characters on the roster now. That's something else.

seriously

plz do i want to dizzy myself by using ex roboky's fb explode

That's what I meant, sorry if it wasn't clear in my post because it seems you understood the exact opposite. IE GG vets right now are a majority not to want a rebalance, so were the third strike vets when 3SO was announced.

If the arcade version is rebalanced, I want the console version to be rebalanced. If the arcade version is not rebalanced, I will still buy this to show my support, but will play it on ps2 to avoid lag.

...if lag is present in psn/xbl version, and there is no rebalance, won't tourney standard still (please?) be ps2? I understand sticks for ps2 are getting to be a problem, but man, 3 frames in GG? that's a lifetime.

Please everybody buy this though, lag or no.

Last I recall, Arcsys was charging cash money for colors in BB...

The colors in Extend are actually just unlocks now.

Holy shit on a stick. Please don't ruin this game by rebalancing it. Release a new game if you must. Just don't shit on GGAC like Capcom did with Remix.

Also, easy way to fix the Kliff/Justice problem is to make it only playable in casual lobbies if the option is turned on but dissable him in ranked, sorta like Gil is in sf3.

Edited by maraxusofkelds

Here are my thoughts:

1. ArcSys is smarter than that, they allow most of their game systems to swap to "earlier versions" of a game for various reasons. BlazBlue is proof of this. So even if you don't like the revisions they make, you can always swap to vanilla AC+.

2. Chances are if revisions happen they'll mostly happen to Kliff and Justice and maybe Zappa for consistency purposes with vanilla Accent Core (which was the previous standard).

Some rebalances I would like to see is Eddie's little Eddie not doing chipdamage, meter refill behavior and that shit and with Slayer I would like to see his hitbox sizes reduced. Besides those two points I'm sure there's plenty of other stuff that's really irritating about the game.

Edited by reaVer

I believe Robo Ky also had some inconsistency between AC and AC+.

And really? Little Eddie doing chip damage? Why not just unblockable all day everyday? :v:

Well, I wouldn't mind chip damage if they removed the high/low properties from Eddie's drill and forcebreak projectile. I always thought that was really stupid.

Some rebalances I would like to see is Eddie's little Eddie doing chipdamage

are... you... NUTS!!!, lol

its alredy enough that little eddie counts as physical attack and fills the guard gauge, and you want him to become more stupid?

if anything the only thing that eddie needs is that his Drill FB needs to use eddie gauge too, remove little eddie from the play and or have some sort of cooldown, its dumb enough that he can do it so freely when in past iterations he needed to setup to use it, and very dumb that some characters have useless FB and he has that amazing tool without any kind of sacrifice or risk attached to it

is not that many want re balances, but that if they decide to do some, there is always room to improve some little tweaks here and there, but nothing really drastict

tbh, the only rebalance that i think that they would do is to justice and kliff since they are planning to add them in the arcade and if in any case the ex chars if they also add them by any chance