Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

where did these reports of "rebalancing" come from anyway? is it still just rumors or did arc say something?

Only DLC shit I'd want in this:

you forgot the original XX announcer.

Why does everyone want re-balances?...The game is already pretty balanced.

I personally think this would be the best way to bring some fresh air into the game and guarantee that players whoever they are will have a renewed interest for the game. Arcade version rebalanced = people will want the new version at any price, even if the balance is worse than the previous one. I personally doubt they would manage to fuck it up if they rebalance anyway, unless they do it without giving any fuck. IMO GGXXAC is "balanced" only due to the fact that every character has some broken moves or setups but if you look closer some chars are having way more broken things than others. This in the end makes tiers still significant even if every character has everything it needs to win. If they keep this aspect (IE every character has broken things and is able to somewhat deal with almost any situation) they can do some tweaks without totally ruining the balance. But that's only my opinion.

And not everyone by far is wishing for a rebalance, it seems by reading this thread that we actually are a minority. But I think that if they plan to release Justice and Kliff they can't escape doing rebalance in some way.

Edited by Dream Maker

where did these reports of "rebalancing" come from anyway? is it still just rumors or did arc say something?

you forgot the original XX announcer.

AND THE GGX ANNOUNCER, BITCH.

HEAVKJFNEKJSD ORHJBRJHSB HEFHFHF

LETS RAWK

Only change I want is the ability to mute Jam.

Why would you want to get rid of the best part of the game?

While we are at stupid pointless balance requests, I would like to request slayer to get a projectile.

whats the point? He already is the projectile

Why would you want to get rid of the best part of the game?

^basically this

a neat tidbit to add would be something of a "trial" mode to the game, dunno how had that'd be but it'd be a nice touch for young niglets who are too lazy to look up combos are new to the game.

As far as rebalancing goes I don't think it'll happen...or at least I don't believe it should. Only thing I have against it is mainly personal. If it happens it happens

and hopefully the slayer matchup won't consist of me just trying not to get hit D:

Also give us some more of dem gallery images dawg!(I want the option in the menu to say that if it's available) :D

I personally think this would be the best way to bring some fresh air into the game and guarantee that players whoever they are will have a renewed interest for the game. Arcade version rebalanced = people will want the new version at any price, even if the balance is worse than the previous one. I personally doubt they would manage to fuck it up if they rebalance anyway, unless they do it without giving any fuck. IMO GGXXAC is "balanced" only due to the fact that every character has some broken moves or setups but if you look closer some chars are having way more broken things than others. This in the end makes tiers still significant even if every character has everything it needs to win. If they keep this aspect (IE every character has broken things and is able to somewhat deal with almost any situation) they can do some tweaks without totally ruining the balance. But that's only my opinion.

And not everyone by far is wishing for a rebalance, it seems by reading this thread that we actually are a minority. But I think that if they plan to release Justice and Kliff they can't escape doing rebalance in some way.

bro, GG is not "balanced", its balanced, you are confusing strong chars with strong tools, with broken

im not denying that there are some bullshit here and there, but there isnt anything really broken on it

and while i understand your point about how some balance changes can add some fresh air to the game, i also believe that some balance changes could also hurt the actual player base of the game, wich at this point of the life time of GGAC is what mostly would keep the game alive

either way, im fine with both scenaries

but it'd be a nice touch for young niglets who are too lazy to look up combos are new to the game.

In games, Not even 5% of your total community ever touch forums. Don't ever plan you playerbase around forum responses or input.

Now imagine your top end players out that 5%. Yeah. The level of play people think games should be balanced, designed, and marketed around amounts to anywheres from a tenth to a some hundreths of a percent of the total playerbase. This is why you shouldn't listen to people on forums.

I love this stuff, though. Fucking Casuals. Casuals everywhere ruining the genre.

PS: I hate Testament.

I was talking to the 3s players here, and they said the same thing about their game: 3s is balanced because everyone have something broken.

And, in the end, I think is somehow unescapable in reaching the perfect balance (that do not exist). After all, GG:AC and 3s is the only two Fg that has been played constantly for all this years.

In the end, I hope to get the game as it is or with little tweaks, but absolutely no rebalance. That would end to be another game

Let's not turn this topic into one huge wish-list of rebalances, guys. If you want to talk about that, go make a separate topic for it.

Regardless of what they plan to do, I think it's more logical to keep things as they are for the most part. I doubt many changes or extras will happen anyway. Heck, I'm not even sure Story Mode will even be included.

I do hope they keep the 3-on-3 setup though, that was fun, since characters keep Tension from previous matches.

Edited by Blade

Regardless of what they plan to do, I think it's more logical to keep things as they are for the most part. I doubt many changes or extras will happen anyway. Heck, I'm not even sure Story Mode will even be included.

Who knows what will happen. People are hyped since this is the first real news about guilty gear in a good long time.

I'd like to see the GGX stages back myself. (even the little seen GGX+ only stages)

bro, GG is not "balanced", its balanced, you are confusing strong chars with strong tools, with broken

im not denying that there are some bullshit here and there, but there isnt anything really broken on it

If you fail to see how there are huge differences as for broken or strong abilities (call that as you want but basically everything that gives a character a strong advantage and is essential to his current gameplay) between let's say Testament and Bridget, then I don't know what to tell you. Sure, if you take the middle pack of the tiers it's way harder to tell who is stronger and here we can talk of good balance.

From our average level of playing and understanding in western communities the game may seem balanced because every character has a lot of posibilities but disparities between chars do exist and are actually meaningful at very high level play. Some awesome players are able to push their chars very far even if they are low tier and win sometimes because the game leaves them with a lot of options and no matter how shitty their char may be on the tier list it still has tools for almost any situation. But if you check who wins on all the top rankings in Japan you won't see Bridgets, Johnnys, as chars winning consistently. Team rankings and Tougeki are a different story, because it's team. The format itself is a safeguard against unbalances.

Basically what I'm saying is that sure, GG's balance is way better than many games out there, but there's still some obvious room for improvement.

and while i understand your point about how some balance changes can add some fresh air to the game, i also believe that some balance changes could also hurt the actual player base of the game, wich at this point of the life time of GGAC is what mostly would keep the game alive

How exactly would it hurt the actual player base of the game ? I don't remember anyone walking away from the series when slash or accent core came out... GG fanboys like myself just followed and played the newest version everyone was playing. And there are some people who consider that by some regards slash was better balanced than accent core.

I'll buy the game anyway, because I love the series and I want to support it so that they end up making a real new game. But new version coming or not I have always been playing the game and I'll keep playing it. So I'd prefer to have something that's somewhat new rather than just the same game with online mode on my PS3.

Edited by Dream Maker

Power discrepancy/=Broken

The power discrepancy between characters is much different to an oversight that drastically changes the way the game is played. Infinites, OCK, DHC glitch, those are gamebreaking. Testament being a stronger character than Bridget is not game breaking.

In games, Not even 5% of your total community ever touch forums. Don't ever plan you playerbase around forum responses or input.

Now imagine your top end players out that 5%. Yeah. The level of play people think games should be balanced, designed, and marketed around amounts to anywheres from a tenth to a some hundreths of a percent of the total playerbase. This is why you shouldn't listen to people on forums.

I love this stuff, though. Fucking Casuals. Casuals everywhere ruining the genre.

PS: I hate Testament.

Wow, if all the people here and on are are only five percent, fighting games must be more popular than FPS games, finally!(If only...)

While I was not in favor for rebalancing on SF 3SO, I wouldn't be totally against it for this new GGAC+. That's mostly because if there were any changes made, at least the arcade would have them. It won't be like we're playing two different games (us and the arcade players that is). I don't see a need for rebalance though since the game's balance doesn't have any huge issues.

Besides something like trials, I do hope the console versions do something else to bring new players in. A tutorial mode that goes in-depth would be helpful for people.

Back on topic: Do we have any kind of timeline for GGXXAC coming out or is it all still up in the air? (i.e. how many months to I have do practice so I don't get absolutely stomped online? :keke: )

Edited by Hellmonkey

There's only one thing I'd like to see drastically revamped and that's Zappa's dog. Fuck that dog.

2cz91fn.gif

*My face when...*

Good shit, I've been wanting to play GG seriously for a while now. It's finally going to happen :D