Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Hey Hellmonkey can you answer me this please.

So tatami has two hits now and the second hit knocksdown airborne opponents right? Then air tatami always will knockdown from now on? So no more j.D[FRC] air tatami loops?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know where you got the information that air tatami knocks down. Looks like they changed how ground tatami hits an airborne opponent- which was extremely hard to combo from before without tension. I don't know if they changed how tatami launches besides that, we'll have to wait and see from the location test.

Kind of disappointed in the Johnny changes, although I'm sure they aren't exhaustive. New coin is kind of cool and should give him more oki options, and a guaranteed knockdown from the air super is nice, but I don't think they're enough to fix Johnny. Maybe there's more in the loketest.

Not only does she have a good antiair move from neutral (623P - youshijin), but she has an antiar counter that might knock down on everyone on normal or CH.

Now that I think about it, being able to just bring it out like a DP makes sense.

I don't understand the AA counter. It's the D followup to Baku, right?

Her other counters are good enough to escape on the ground, especially with all the changes to the strong characters.

That's fine, but I'm having trouble visualizing how tatami will behave now.

Now that I think about it, being able to just bring it out like a DP makes sense.

I don't understand the AA counter. It's the D followup to Baku, right?

That's fine, but I'm having trouble visualizing how tatami will behave now.

The AA counter is replacing youshijin. It has the input of youshijn. Youshijin is now a new command move.

You are having trouble visualizing how tatami will behave now because we have no information yet from the location test about how tatami will behave.

True that. I guess I jut have to be patient and just work and think on fundamentals until I get to see it and play it.

True that. I guess I jut have to be patient and just work and think on fundamentals until I get to see it and play it.

That's how you should always handle loketests, yes.

If they're giving Testament some pretty wicked buffs (delay EXE beast, homing FB skull), he's going to be on the receiving end of some brutal nerfs.

Everyone's getting buffs, it's the GG way.

wich is the only way that i like it >:3

Edited by Hecatom

If they're giving Testament some pretty wicked buffs (delay EXE beast, homing FB skull), he's going to be on the receiving end of some brutal nerfs.

Maybe they'll just give the lower tiers more buffs than the higher tiers to balance things out instead of nerfing stuff.

It seems that the Slayer changes boil down to

1. Nerf BDC/FDC Bite via motion change.

2. Give Slayer ways to spend more meter.

So far at least. That 5H ground slide is interesting though.

Maybe they'll just give the lower tiers more buffs than the higher tiers to balance things out instead of nerfing stuff.

本作のコンセプトを紹介すると……

・弱キャラには武器を!

・強キャラにはイメチェンを!

・そのキャラ「らしさ」を大切に。

この3点です。

Allow me to introduce the 3 basic concepts behind GGACR.

-Weak characters get more tools!

-Strong character's image changed!

-Staying true to the character's style.

Allow me to introduce the 3 basic concepts behind GGACR.

-Weak characters get more tools!

-Strong character's image changed!

-Staying true to the character's style.

Sounds like the most reasonable way to do balancing without screwing with the balance of the current game too much. Now if we can only get a release day for this already :arg:

I just hope they remove any and all unblockables.

keep dreaming then, iirc i saw jhonny doing an unblockable with his new coin, so now they are adding more unblockables to the game, hell the sole reason of eddie is to do unblockables, they desingned it that way on purpose

I just hope they remove any and all unblockables.

Then they should remove all projectiles that have high/low properties, rending some stuff entirely useless ( Bridget's bear, Anji's butterflies, Zappa's dog, Little Eddie ) which is kinda.... boring, don't ya think?

Maybe they should remove grabs since they are unblockables too!

I've been waiting for this news my whole damn life. Finally I won't have to hold my friends hostage just to get a couple of rounds of Guilty Gear.

Watching the video, in one point I thought I'm watching ex characters. Some of the changes look very awkward. Testament delayed beasts... Warrant without counter... Really :psyduck: Chipps stuff looks a little bit retarded. Multi Beta Blade, very awkward. I like new Johnnys coin, good for oki. And if it's really overhead, crazy stuff. I don't like Slayers HS sliding, but they had to nerf him in some way.

Since there are loc tests, I'm sure everything will get sorted out. And I too like the GG ''buff everyone'' way :)

I didn't really wanted any changes, they should left it for next game. But props for the effort.

Edited by zdravkelja

i feel that they are making these changes to experiment and test stuff for the next GG

hopefully they would add a vanilla ac version of the chars on the console port and if i can dream the versions of #reload and slash as well

Watching the video, in one point I thought I'm watching ex characters. Some of the changes look very awkward. But there are loc tests, I'm sure everything will get sorted out. And I too like the GG ''buff everyone'' way :)

I didn't really wanted any changes, they should left it for next game. But props for the effort.

I think that's because at least in Johnny's case he actually GOT one of his EX moves: that air super.

I'm honestly happy we actually have something to talk about here now. So the changes are welcome.

What happened with the second showcase of Potemkin? The one not involving slide head. He hits them with cl.5S, they jump, he does... something, and then HKs them. What was that "something"? Was it Justice Gauntlet? Can he manually cancel it now? I... guess that's useful? What I really want is for JG to actually be something you can combo out of without 50 meter, but alright...

Edited by Darlos9D

Yes, and those Testament, Dizzy, Baiken and Chipp stuff. Now I'm really expecting him to get that airteleport :v:

Yup, he can cancel JG with P, another mindfuck tool for him lol

Edited by zdravkelja