Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

I didn't really wanted any changes, they should left it for next game.

i feel that they are making these changes to experiment and test stuff for the next GG

Guys, this IS the next GG.

now im wondering, if chipp got 3 new FB's does that mean that he lost his previous one, considering that sol fenrir is no longer a fb, we can assume that not every fb of ac would be still present on ac+r

Guys, this IS the next GG.

you know what i mean (XXX or whatever they call it), but yeah, im happy with this new revision

Edited by Hecatom

Actually I'm pretty glad this isn't a new GG installment like GG3 or whatever. They can work on this, see what's what, and then make a true GG3.

Actually I'm pretty glad this isn't a new GG installment like GG3 or whatever. They can work on this, see what's what, and then make a true GG3.

exactly, they can experiment with new concepts and see what works and what dont, hell i even think that they have been doing this since bbct and now with p4u

now im wondering, if chipp got 3 new FB's doea that mean that he lost his previous on, considering that sol fenrir is no longer a fb, we can assume that not every fb of ac would be still present on ac+r

Sol didn't lose FB Fafnir.

qqnob.png

He just has two Fafnirs now, and Chipp still has his FB off of 41236K.

oh, thanks for clearing that, dunno why i get the impression that he simply lost his 41236D in favor for the metterles version

The standard they showed looked more or less like the old one, so maybe FB Fafnir will be made more awesome. Dunno until we get more footage.

Motion change on bite: This is not really a nerf. I can do BDC and FDC DOT easily and it's the same motion. BDC bite wasn't super strong as there is no bite loop. New command for FDC bite is 66321469H instead of 6632147H. BDC bite is now 63214469H instead of 6321447.

And I'm already working on new combos with 5H in my head. Can't wait for loc-tests to see if the japanese are thinking the same things I am.

Glad I can't dashcancel FBs or BDC FB pile would be the most invincible thing ever.

Looking awesome, and I barely play GG myself.

Lovin' the visuals on the HOS effects, though. Going to be wild! Also more efficient use of meter is very much needed.

I'll defer to Mr. MacArthur for the slayer tech. He knows what's what. :kitty:

Ky Kiske :

- New move 3HS : Same as the old 6HS pre AC.

- New move, S raging Javelin : New S followup after vapor thrust

- 222HS : FRC now possible just after the move hits

- 214D FB greed saber : new FB

- Lightning Sphere 214D followup after charged stun edge : command changed to 4D after CSE.

- Charge Drive now wall sticks

I dunno, IMO it seems like most of Ky's changes are pretty worthless.

The S raging Javelin looks like it also wall sticks, which would severely reduce its usefulness. Hopefully, HS will not wall stick, otherwise Ky is going to suck rather horribly if he can't do a knockdown after VT....unless the wall stick is also relatively untechable, but even then it would strike me as difficult to combo off of it, if not impossible.

I do like the command change to 4D after CSE, and the FRC after 222HS has some marginal utility. Because of slashback, I'm not sure that 3HS will really be all that useful to Ky anymore on oki, but I can see it being used as a great punishing tool.

Charge drive wall stick would be pretty useless, unless Ky recovers a lot faster off the Charge drive now. Guess that remains to be seen.

The FB greed sever is interesting. I'll have to see how that plays out....although it looks like it's about as fast as Ky's 5D with a bigger tell....so perhaps it's not that useful after all.

Edited by ehuangsan

This posted Baiken change left out part of the description.

You can only cancel her dash-run during the the last part of the move (looks like it's when she stops running from the video).

Thanks, looks like I missed that. :v: I just updated.

Motion change on bite: This is not really a nerf. I can do BDC and FDC DOT easily and it's the same motion. BDC bite wasn't super strong as there is no bite loop. New command for FDC bite is 66321469H instead of 6632147H. BDC bite is now 63214469H instead of 6321447.

yeah, it's not like the motion isn't something slayer players wouldn't know (BDC DOT), but it IS a slight nerf (for whatever reason, it's not like BDC bite needed one), simply because you need more inputs after the backdash starts, thus giving less overall invulnerability time to the bite.

I dunno, IMO it seems like most of Ky's changes are pretty worthless.

The S raging Javelin looks like it also wall sticks, which would severely reduce its usefulness. Hopefully, HS will not wall stick, otherwise Ky is going to suck rather horribly if he can't do a knockdown after VT....unless the wall stick is also relatively untechable, but even then it would strike me as difficult to combo off of it, if not impossible.

I do like the command change to 4D after CSE, and the FRC after 222HS has some marginal utility. Because of slashback, I'm not sure that 3HS will really be all that useful to Ky anymore on oki, but I can see it being used as a great punishing tool.

Charge drive wall stick would be pretty useless, unless Ky recovers a lot faster off the Charge drive now. Guess that remains to be seen.

The FB greed sever is interesting. I'll have to see how that plays out....although it looks like it's about as fast as Ky's 5D with a bigger tell....so perhaps it's not that useful after all.

Damage output still looks terrible from what I saw. OTG relaunch from 222H > 5K > 5S seems a little strange, but it'd be easier to mess with compared to standard Vapor Thrust BnBs. I just hope they don't nerf Stun Raise ( j.214D ). It'd also be nice if Ky had more relaunch options from OTG (more options after 2H maybe?).

It'd also be nice if I knew the 3H hit properties. Does it force a crouch stun hitbox so you can do stuff with 6K?

Unless Ky had better reach or followups, Wall Stick in any situation is useless, though. He's better off with a floor slide or wall bounce to get out of the corner, unless Raging Javelin is specifically FOR corners.

Damage output still looks terrible from what I saw. OTG relaunch from 222H > 5K > 5S seems a little strange, but it'd be easier to mess with compared to standard Vapor Thrust BnBs. I just hope they don't nerf Stun Raise ( j.214D ). It'd also be nice if Ky had more relaunch options from OTG (more options after 2H maybe?).

It'd also be nice if I knew the 3H hit properties. Does it force a crouch stun hitbox so you can do stuff with 6K?

Unless Ky had better reach or followups, Wall Stick in any situation is useless, though. He's better off with a floor slide or wall bounce to get out of the corner, unless Raging Javelin is specifically FOR corners.

Unless they change the physics or the game mechanics severely from GGAC, the OTG relaunch combos should only be doing 1-2 dmg per hit. Which is fine; it allows you to win in the endgame by taking away the last 10-15 pixels by tacking on 10-15 more hits at the tail end of your combo. Dealing with the last 10-15 pixels of your opponent's life is something that Ky has a lot of trouble with in AC, and this fixes that problem to some extent.

From the video, the FB Greed Sever looks like it could lead to pretty buff damage, but whether that would be a better punish than 2D -> HS SE FRC remains to be seen. I'm not terribly impressed with it being used as an overhead into buff damage.

If 3HS is like the old 6HS, then it should force crouch on hit, which would make it very useful as a punish.

Unless they change the physics or the game mechanics severely from GGAC, the OTG relaunch combos should only be doing 1-2 dmg per hit. Which is fine; it allows you to win in the endgame by taking away the last 10-15 pixels by tacking on 10-15 more hits at the tail end of your combo. Dealing with the last 10-15 pixels of your opponent's life is something that Ky has a lot of trouble with in AC, and this fixes that problem to some extent.

No, the game in the current version already has moves that relaunch from OTG state like Testament's forward EXE beast. They put the opponent out of OTG state and combo damage afterwards becomes normal unless the move has particular force prorate or whatever.

Actually Lightning Strike FRC looks like it just ignores the OTG damage penalty, like EXE Beast and Gamma Blade. It seems closer to Gamma Blade in that it ignores that penalty, but doesn't provide enough relaunch potential to do much other than another short string. Ky was doing a bit more than just 1-2 points of damage when he did Lighting Strike FRC, 5K f.S VT in the trailer.

EDIT: Oh hey look who's kinda late there.

BTW even in the current version Ky can actually combo out of lighting strike with the proper setups usually using an FB star or something. It's not practical per say but it exists and doesn't do close to no damage. I definitely saw that on some combo movies, can't remember which though. :?:

Hah, I sorta forgot about forward EXE beast. In that case, it may be better than I thought, as it does indeed looks like it's doing more than 1dmg per hit.

The current AC combo off lightning strike into FB star is a normal OTG in that terminates immediately into 1-2 dmg per hit (see @ 1:00).