Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Wait, so Robo-Ky can just spam hidden missiles in neutral, now? Wow. IT'S MAHVEL BABY.

imagine getting hit by one and then having to deal with two more coming down on the way down? God damn if it's FRCable then this is going to be some annoying shit.

Wait, so Robo-Ky can just spam hidden missiles in neutral, now? Wow. IT'S MAHVEL BABY.

imagine getting hit by one and then having to deal with two more coming down on the way down? God damn if it's FRCable then this is going to be some annoying shit.

Yeah, this definitely smacks of hidden missles, or Nova's javelin. Throw out one or two, and then rush down. Yeesh.

I'm no RK player, but the combo starting with 2S in the video goes black beat after the 2S.

Also, regarding the aerial SRK, wouldn't ending an aerial combo with the Air Missile be better for damage and specially in corner?

the video was about showing off new moves and attack properties of the game, so yes air dp was done at that point most likely for the sake of air dp-ing

and i wouldn't be suprised if they let the combo go black on purpose to show off the blazblue style you sucked at hits #_____, especially if they left the extra hit stun and damage from 80+ heat

(...)i wouldn't be suprised if they let the combo go black on purpose to show off the blazblue style you sucked at hits #_____,(...)

That is a really good observation since they're trying to show all the UI changes as well in that vid.

Some of the changes seem pretty interesting, but many of them are just like the gimmicky options EX characters already have. That's pretty much expected from a promo video, of course. Here's hoping the loke tests reveal more meaningful balance tweaks as opposed to "oh look at the flashy new moves everyone has".

Some of the changes seem pretty interesting, but many of them are just like the gimmicky options EX characters already have. That's pretty much expected from a promo video, of course. Here's hoping the loke tests reveal more meaningful balance tweaks as opposed to "oh look at the flashy new moves everyone has".

本作のコンセプトを紹介すると……

・弱キャラには武器を!

・強キャラにはイメチェンを!

・そのキャラ「らしさ」を大切に。

この3点です。

Allow me to introduce the 3 basic concepts behind GGACR.

-Weak characters get more tools!

-Strong character's image changed!

-Staying true to the character's style.

deja vu?

i just want to see aba and bridget, i'm not all that familiar with GGAC+ so I won't know what's different or how or why that's nerf or buff, i just want to see my characters back in action.

Judging from the video, maybe Baiken will have a new ground BnB which involves 2D->Youshijin?

I hope so loving the that she now has an anti-air other then 6P and TK AIR 62S so hyped

Judging from the video, maybe Baiken will have a new ground BnB which involves 2D->Youshijin?

prorate 70% into prorate 70%?

Yeouch. Maybe not.

You know, while I played the shit out of GG back in the day, learning combos and stuff, I never learned frame data and matchup stuff. This is going to be an adventure.

taken from guilty gear wiki

(...)Proration is part of Guilty Gear's engine mainly to reduce the damage of certain combos for the sake of balancing the game. Proration is factored in only if your first attack of a combo is done with a prorated move.(...)

which means only the proration numbers of the first hit of a combo really count. The rest only reduce damage through the guard bar or if they have some special mechanic called "Forced Proration". If you meant the guard bar, well, those moves don't eat much more guard bar then anything else.

Edited by kaeru

^Plus, we don't know if the damage calculations on that move were altered in some way in AC+R.

I'm not much of a Johnny player, but from what I can tell his changes are nice, but not extremely helpful.
If the new coin toss hits on the way up and semi-homes like Zappa's Triplet mode 236P, then Johnny's non-corner rushdown/mix up gets a pretty significant boost, as does his anti-air capability. Edited by shinquickman

^Plus, we don't know if the damage calculations on that move were altered in some way in AC+R.If the new coin toss hits on the way up and semi-homes like Zappa's Triplet mode 236P, then Johnny's non-corner rushdown/mix up gets a pretty significant boost, as does his anti-air capability.
I know for a fact it doesn't home check the coin battle with Faust.

Ah crap, how did I miss that? Well, at least Johnny's non-corner mix up getting boosted seems assured. Johnny's non-corner wake up game is pretty terrible in AC. This new coin toss I think can upgrade Johnny's non-corner oki game from one of the worst in the game to pretty good. Just take a look at this probable oki sequence:

2D>214H, j back, AD j.K, land, 2K

This is a potential MF lv. boosting (presumably) safe left-right-high-low-throw mix up all rolled into one. That is some scary stuff for Johnny.

so, here are some stuff already found from the loketests

[General]

The cabinet used is laggy (lol)

Slashback has a bigger hitstop (you can full SB Dark Angel now)

Whiffing SB apparently increases your guard gauge

[A.B.A.]

4 bloodpacks

Can't do double Keygrab anymore

[Faust]

5K CH doesn't knock away the enemy anymore

Chikuwa (new item) recovers some HP

Dumbbell apparently causes more stun than the Hammer

Tarai/Pan now hits 1 screen away

[sol]

Fafnir and FB Fafnir can be executed as Special Cancels

{2D, FB Fafnir Clean Hit} combos, causing sliding in Clean Hit

Dragon Install j.214K apparently loops; needs a minimum height, causes a big bounce

FB Sidewinder forces Clean Hit

HS Fafnir has a different start-up (?); combos after f.S, 5HS and 2D

[May]

Overhead Kiss is now a dash throw (like Platinum's) (?)

[Johnny]

Divine Transport's trajectory changed

Divine Blade changed (?)

He releases the mist quicker now

[Venom]

{6P, 6HS} chain removed

6HS is faster

[i-No]

Horizontal Chemical Love causes wall bounce

[Testament]

6K's hitbox appears to be smaller

Bad Land's untechable time is, apparently, shorter

Bad Land's range got smaller

EXE Beast doesn't hit on summon (only after it starts moving) (?)

Ruft Warrant (new move) is only a warp. No hit

[Potemkin]

Slide Head causes an OTG state now

j.S CH causes ground bounce on air hit (?)

[Jam]

6HS doesn't cause wall stick (?)

[Ky]

Has 40%+ combos after FB Greed Saber

[Eddie]

Bigger recovery on Drill Special

{]D[+22D, 5P} doesn't combo anymore

Nobiru can't hit sliding opponents (hitbox changed (?))

[Millia]

Harder to combo after throws (?)

{j.K, j.D} doesn't combo anymore

j.D slower (?)

FB Pretty Maids has bigger recovery; It isn't guaranteed to hit (i.e., it's cancelled if Millia gets hit)

j.2HS is harder to combo into; If it isn't done fast you get an invalid combo

[Anji]

K Kai causes a smaller ground bounce

Fuujin has shorter untechable time

3S Cancel easier

c.S increases the guard gauge more

6P improved (?)

Shitsu improved (goes further (?))

FB On nicknamed "Heavenly Anji Buster" - can't combo after it yet

[Zappa]

Smaller chance to summon Dog (?)

When Dog gets hit in neutral state he sleeps

[baiken]

Tatami Gaeshi knocks the opponent away

Tatami Gaeshi causes wall bounce on corner

j.D FRC changed

Suzuran's (63214K) recovery time seems longer

[Axl]

Axl Bomber no longer an overhead

623P CH causes a different wall bounce

c.S looks different

FB Kyokusageki - new FB

{5K, c.S, 5H, FB Kyokusageki} combos

{5K, 2D, FB Kyokusageki} doesn't

[Justice]

Lost triple jump, ground dash and triple airdash

thanks goes to Nikki, from www.hitconfirm.com.br

the original sources are Twitter (lots of users), this 2ch thread and ggxx jbbs

Edited by landstalker
adding info

so, here are some stuff already found from the loketests

This is so awesome, finally, I can see the changes we've been waiting to see so long. I really want this game to come out. If only we had a release date.

I'm curious as to how the Venom changes affect him, would anyone more expirenced than I care to explain

Edited by Circuitous

got some stuff updated in the post

@destruction_adv I still don't know about anyone recording anything yet. I know that some people talked about only one foreign faust player showing up. I'm guessing it's Elven Shadow

I suppose this is in addition to what we already know from the preview video?

yeah, that info is gathered from everybody that went to the loketest. consider it as additional info