Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

I'm sure it's based on percent. Assuming you weren't making a joke :I

It's no joke, last I checked Dizzy has the worst dizzy modifier...which although it may seem funny and ironic, I just don't want to see a repeat of Eddie's 6P nonsense in this game.

Remember, dizzies = free IK, even if entering IK mode makes you recover from Faint faster.

A.B.A. still has to deal with that in HER matchups, besides, when recovering from Moroha...

Was just talking to shouji. Bad lands loop still works for 3 reps on light characters and some others. Can get 2 reps on heavy chars

Not sure if zappa could do this before but if you keep inputting the command for the move where his sword flys out in front and above him, it will stay there and keep twirling around

Yup I mentioned that already, his sword 2H seems to stay in place at the end of the move. Even saw someone doing 2H and then 63214H from the 2H ending position this new shit seems insanely useful for keepaway on sword mode.

If Johnny keeps those changes its a wrap for most people souls. I will play General to the new Johnny army that is to arise. The land of Sfondi will take all into its dominion. MWUHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Or they take away one of his important changes and I'm assed out again that is always a possibility.

Would like to know though what changed they made to Divine Blade though. Quite excited about that, hopefully Elven Shadow can clarify.

Yup I mentioned that already, his sword 2H seems to stay in place at the end of the move. Even saw someone doing 2H and then 63214H from the 2H ending position this new shit seems insanely useful for keepaway on sword mode.

I don't know because I haven't seen it yet but this doesn't sound new. They may have removed more return time from the 2HS but Zappa has been able to do something like this since Slash (when they added air combos from the 2HS). If you hit 2HS and then wait for the sword to get to the top of the animation, you can hit it again and keep it up there. This is more visible when you actually hit the opponent with the first 2HS. I could very well be wrong about this being changed in this new version since I haven't seen it yet.

I am more concerned about this hitting the dog and making it go to sleep. Even though my play style doesn't stop moving the dog.

japanese ACR wiki

from what i can tell it has all of the changes here but might have some more.

for i-no i saw: HS kyougen has less recovery (what ever kyougen is).

Kyougen is her dive. HS is the horizontal one.

Would like to know though what changed they made to Divine Blade though. Quite excited about that, hopefully Elven Shadow can clarify.

It's now a very vertical trajectory - nearly straight up. The total horizontal distance covered from start to finish is about 1 character width. This is a change to Divine Blade Transport; the actual DB itself is identical. Sounds harder to use for stuff like mf lvl 2 high > coin > db knockdown, or any of the corner one hit setups using it, but it could be quite interesting. In particular, I wonder if Johnny flies at a really crazy angle if it's FRC'd ... :D

Some other JO changes I am not sure if I saw posted up:

-You cannot combo throw into up coin

-2d > up coin is perfectly spaced so it falls on top of them (when they wake up). Sounds like venom k-ball tier amazing.

-his new super can be blocked high on reaction after the superflash

Up coin (or rose coin, or high coin, or whatever) seems pretty ridiculous. In the corner, it sounds like it could be used like VE's H carcusto shut down air-based escapes (in addition to other uses). Also, like normal coin, it probably hits even if Johnny gets hit. Unless they read it and do something like BBU / TE 2h, it sounds like a pretty favorable option with little risk (aside from spending the coin). Add in the fact that you can always do normal coin instead. Not to mention probably be amazing for combos.

A bit curious about that note Elven Shadow mentioned with the up coin knocking down on air hit: does that mean it's untechable? Or does it cause plummet or something? Kind of curious exactly what that means. If you can do some shit like MF lvl 2 high > up coin > 5H > mist (coin hits into KD) I would laugh.

I don't know because I haven't seen it yet but this doesn't sound new. They may have removed more return time from the 2HS but Zappa has been able to do something like this since Slash (when they added air combos from the 2HS). If you hit 2HS and then wait for the sword to get to the top of the animation, you can hit it again and keep it up there. This is more visible when you actually hit the opponent with the first 2HS. I could very well be wrong about this being changed in this new version since I haven't seen it yet.

You're certainly right but if the player does nothing it stays in place for quite a while now though, I can swear this wasn't there before.

Not sure if zappa could do this before but if you keep inputting the command for the move where his sword flys out in front and above him, it will stay there and keep twirling around

Zappa could always do this, as Phrek said. I'm actually surprised you don't remember me doing this at all. My suspicion is: The sword has more spinning animation than it did before (hence more uptime) so it looks like it's staying in place, but the moment it's about to be retracted, you hit 2HS again and it gives the illusion that it's staying in place.

I'd also like the add that the Dog falling asleep while neutral doesn't seem to be a big deal at all, at least not yet anyway (until I try it). My dog is always in motion so it "shouldn't" be an issue. Back in the days when Imo/Potato dominated, he used to turtle with dog like crazy, but then they made it so you can't turtle and stand still too much or the dog falls asleep. But this was easily alleviated in AC by doing 8D + 5S... Dog somewhat stays in one place while at the same time, you're covering horizontal trajectory with your own 5S.

Edited by Ukyo Tachibana

It sounds to me that it knockdowns like Divine Blade.

MF lvl 2 high > up coin > 5H > mist. This would be crazy :D

This is really incidental, but hopefully someone in Japan can answer this...

Does Robo-Ky still have that "Under Construction" sound effect BGM? I'd hoped I wouldn't have to deal with that any more :<

This is really incidental, but hopefully someone in Japan can answer this...

Does Robo-Ky still have that "Under Construction" sound effect BGM? I'd hoped I wouldn't have to deal with that any more :<

i hate you

i like that bg music

hopefully he has some more changes other than the ones listed so far.... the air dp sounds not so useful at the moment and the 'hidden missile' 2hs might not be all that useful either considering that currently the 2hs missile disappears when he gets hit

Caught up on this thread. =D

THX to all for the info & testing.

May's j.Hs, OHK startup & Lame loops are nerfed. Bring back slash-may. excited to spend meter for damage again.

You're certainly right but if the player does nothing it stays in place for quite a while now though, I can swear this wasn't there before.

Actually, I just read that new Japanese site and they are reporting this:

Possessed sword - Extended dwell time of sword techniques use various sword. (this probably explains the hover 2HS being reported, maybe other sword moves)

Sword 2HS - After the operation, so that rigid sword. (don't know what the use of the word rigid is)

So this may be something new, but I still need to see it to be sure.

It's now a very vertical trajectory - nearly straight up. The total horizontal distance covered from start to finish is about 1 character width. This is a change to Divine Blade Transport; the actual DB itself is identical. Sounds harder to use for stuff like mf lvl 2 high > coin > db knockdown, or any of the corner one hit setups using it, but it could be quite interesting. In particular, I wonder if Johnny flies at a really crazy angle if it's FRC'd ... :D

Some other JO changes I am not sure if I saw posted up:

-You cannot combo throw into up coin

-2d > up coin is perfectly spaced so it falls on top of them (when they wake up). Sounds like venom k-ball tier amazing.

-his new super can be blocked high on reaction after the superflash

Up coin (or rose coin, or high coin, or whatever) seems pretty ridiculous. In the corner, it sounds like it could be used like VE's H carcusto shut down air-based escapes (in addition to other uses). Also, like normal coin, it probably hits even if Johnny gets hit. Unless they read it and do something like BBU / TE 2h, it sounds like a pretty favorable option with little risk (aside from spending the coin). Add in the fact that you can always do normal coin instead. Not to mention probably be amazing for combos.

A bit curious about that note Elven Shadow mentioned with the up coin knocking down on air hit: does that mean it's untechable? Or does it cause plummet or something? Kind of curious exactly what that means. If you can do some shit like MF lvl 2 high > up coin > 5H > mist (coin hits into KD) I would laugh.

Thank you sir for the info, you are a scholar and a gentleman. The up coin would have been too OP if you can combo after throw. I would love to see the knockdown on the up coin in action.

Thank you sir for the info, you are a scholar and a gentleman..

LoL my Japanese professor actually said that to me. I was flabbergasted. But anyway, All in all many ppl were impressed with the way the changes came about. nothing seemed too OP. 2 of Bottom 3 (Ino and Johnny) look to be super better. Bridget is still idk right now unless she gets a major dmg boost. The freedom and options another airdash gives Ino feels amazing.

LoL my Japanese professor actually said that to me. I was flabbergasted. But anyway, All in all many ppl were impressed with the way the changes came about. nothing seemed too OP. 2 of Bottom 3 (Ino and Johnny) look to be super better. Bridget is still idk right now unless she gets a major dmg boost. The freedom and options another airdash gives Ino feels amazing.

Did you see anything different from what other people posted? Also did you see the up coin knockdown and were phones and cameras not allowed that not a single soul has a single video in this digital age? FUCK ME I WANT TO SEE THIS GAME IN ACTION SO BAD, I'M GETTING AN ULCER.

I don't know why that list of changes still hasn't included my updates.

Bridget

FB Roger Rush has faster start-up, can combo off of 6S

6K can YO YO cancel

FB Roger Rush will wall stick on aerial hit

FB Jagged Roger homes

Getting back on topic...

Here's some news from ggxx jbbs May thread:

* Someone did in fact successfully perform OHK > (cS > H > S-Vert)x2. People were having trouble doing it because of the lag, apparently. So May players can put down their nooses for now at least.

* OHK always has her run a fixed distance, which is such that it barely hits after max range fS. Tick-OHK is history. General consensus is that the move is completely worthless and people are pretty upset about it.

* It was falsely reported that 6H > Vert doesn't work anymore, but it does. Interesting new combo: 2D > S-Vert > H-Restive > FRC > 6H > Vert. No mention if the loop is possible from there.

Be grateful they removed Slashback's old penalty and replaced with with something reasonable.

You have got to be kidding me right? Are you actually promoting a system where you can essentially mash slashback regularly with little to no penalty? Good to know your logic is the same as always.

Edited by Klaige

Any further news on Jam? So far all we've heard is the loss of 6H H wallstick, loss of FBPB wallstick and a possible slower startup on FPBP (which might just be lag). Nothing else? Taking away a big source of damage for her, really. Not like she had trouble getting damage anyway :V

Come on guys. Most of you guys spamming this thread have been around for years. Lets try to keep posts interesting and related. Advanced apologies for adding my own spam but there is a point so deal with it. The lag issue is something only the developers could 100% explain to us and even then, who knows right? Still, its useless to debate a beta and why it has lag. It can change. I am sure the developers are listening to the gamers in person over there. As Chaz said, everyone is aware of it.

Chaz and Mike (or anyone who has played), any chance the window for slashbacking is increased (2 frames in AC right)? Sounds pretty buff to gain meter with... Can you spam it now or is there still a mini cooldown mechanic? The hitstop sounds like it helps. Are people using it often and is it useful? Possible option selects with it like GGXX FD throw etc? Any info on SB is appreciated. Thanks again dudes.

oh yeah you could actually mash SB like crazy, but isn't there also reduced frame advantage from doing a slashback within a certain interval of a slashback?