Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Regarding Testament

"6K

Move has been changed so that the hit occurs after a forward momentum.

Startup of the hit has gone from 8f to 15f."

This sounds like Test get his old GGX 6K back. He lunge forwards then attack.

Thanks for the Robo-Ky changes, coolest..

...And who isn't excited for the FB change? Should be able to do a high/low/throw mixup after TK FB.

Yes, many thanks for translating Coolest. And Chojin, word. TK FB shenanigans were great before, with these changes they are going to be phenomenal.

regarding Johnny

JK

Hitbox behind JO is now bigger.

mwahahaha

Crossover mayhem freestylin with the jk!!!

I think by hitbox it means hurtbox. The attack box is pretty good already.

Clarification?

- Lightning Sphere 214D followup after charged stun edge: command changed to 4D after CSE.

- FB Lightning Orb (236D~D) sucks opponent down more when it hits an aerial opponent.

I'm confused @ the bolded parts. What? :psyduck:

I think by hitbox it means hurtbox. The attack box is pretty good already.

Clarification?

No, they mean the hitbox. And hit has only gotten a bigger hitbox in the backward direction.

As we're on the clarification tour: are these changes related to the previous loketest or related to GGXXAC?

And did they really make Slayer's jH stronger?

As we're on the clarification tour: are these changes related to the previous loketest or related to GGXXAC?

And did they really make Slayer's jH stronger?

Well, kind of both I guess. Some changes are written in a way where they say "we changed this to that", where sometimes:

- The changes are from Location Test 1 to Location Test 2 (it is not pointed out in this fashion, but you understand if you read those specific changes)

and most of the times it is

- The changes are from AC to +R.

And no, they nerfed Slayer's jH by:

- Increasing the size of Slayers hitbox (hurtbox, not the hitbox of the attack but of Slayer)

- More recovery (up to 10 from the previous 7).

Alright, ty. What about failed slashback having 2 frames recovery? Is that 2 frames total or 2 frames added to the SD recovery? Also, good to know they are taking the lag issue seriously.

Alright, ty. What about failed slashback having 2 frames recovery? Is that 2 frames total or 2 frames added to the SD recovery? Also, good to know they are taking the lag issue seriously.

I'm pretty sure this is 2 frames of landing recovery when you slashback in the air or else I don't see what this is about.

The original japanese sentence is this : 空振り時の全体硬直時間が 2F になりました。

Which means : "Total recovery when used airbone changed to 2 frames".

PS : in fact I'm not sure how this should be translated it could also be translated as "missed slashback" if this is the right meaning I am as puzzled as you.

Edited by Dream Maker

The new set of moves with Shadow summon WEISS could be his old Reload/Slash shadow specials, that'd be pretty darn cool.

I'm 90% sure that's the case.

Proof: Eddie's Shadow HS after summoning with 236HS is named "Shadow Hole", while Shadow HS after 214HS summon is named "Drill Special." Also, they only mention that Shadow Hole can be blocked low, but nothing about Drill Special from Eddie's summon WEISS, so it's likely that you can still perform unblockable in the corner, #R Eddie style!

Also, good to know they are taking the lag issue seriously.

im not surprised, after all they take their games and their fans more seriously, just looking how they took the time to put this almost complete change logs for their fans to know what to expect shows that they care

edit

hmm... those anji changes

Edited by Hecatom

^Truth. Number one reason ArcSys is my favorite FG company: they give a damn.

Big thanks to all the translators, as always. You guys rock. If I spot one of you guys at a major, I'm buying you a beer (or whichever beverage you prefer).

Coolest, can you please do ABA next? No one has said anything about her aside from Googrish Translate.

I'm pretty sure this is 2 frames of landing recovery when you slashback in the air or else I don't see what this is about.

PS : in fact I'm not sure how this should be translated it could also be translated as "missed slashback" if this is the right meaning I am as puzzled as you.

This may be the recovery before Slashback can be used again.

I'm 90% sure that's the case.

Proof: Eddie's Shadow HS after summoning with 236HS is named "Shadow Hole", while Shadow HS after 214HS summon is named "Drill Special." Also, they only mention that Shadow Hole can be blocked low, but nothing about Drill Special from Eddie's summon WEISS, so it's likely that you can still perform unblockable in the corner, #R Eddie style!

so you need to make the tradeoff of having good mixup + pressure vs meterless unblockables?

that's... interesting.

Potemkin. FRCs everywhere. FRC on Hammerfall break what. Also, it looks like the old buster is back, with 180 damage to boot. Who needs a super throw. It seems like Pot wants to get you in the corner and keep you there. Especially since a bunch of meter gain got move from Heat Knuckle to Heat Extend.

The notion of guessing wrong with a Heat Knuckle, FRCing the whiff and then doing pot buster just amuses the shit out of me.

I don't know what that FRC on air pot buster even means.

Edited by Darlos9D

karaburi = whiffing, not airborne

Thanks everyone for the translation work.

Edited by Hellmonkey

kliff was buffed. discuss

well i never played or saw much of kliff, but it looks like they are doing stuff to take away his like instant dizzy combo off counterhit 6p anywhere on the screen anymore and no more one hit into j.d loop or corner projectile 2hs loop

reading the changes of venom, it seems that his zoning game got buffed

also his balls (lol) seem to be considered physical hits instead of projectiles now, since they increase the guard bar now, now im wondering if only he would have this change for him, or other projectiles got it too as well

GET HYPED!

They'll be streaming the 2nd location test which runs 6/30-7/1 Japan time

I believe testing starts at 10am (JST), so with any lucky that should be in the next 3hrs