Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ou4y7d

Torrent with 2nd loketest videos, courtesy of DSS_Verdgilion. 12 hours of video!

1 - Meet Again

HOS, Justice, Robo, A.B.A, Millia

2 - Warm relationship

Justice, Robo, Testament, Dizzy, A.B.A, Sol, Slayer

3 - Zapken edition

Zappa, Baiken, Sol, Chipp, Eddie, A.B.A

4 - Vampire vs. Japanese... AND Robots!

Slayer, Robo, Anji, Baiken, Johnny

5 - Hello Ky

HOS, Robo, Venom, Faust, Baiken, Anji, Dizzy, Zappa

6 - Ball #8

Robo, Zappa, Venom, Baiken, Anji, Johnny

7 - Freddie, Coins, Two Katanas

Sol, Johnny, Baiken, Faust, Eddie, Zappa

8 - Do you believe in ghosts?

Zappa, Robo, Eddie, Baiken, May

9 - May has left the building

Millia, May, Bridget, Venom, Slayer, Anji, HOS

10 - Freddie's Epic Comeback

May, Sol, Anji, Justice, Venom, I-no, Robo

11 - Robo-War

Robo, I-no, Venom, Justice, Zappa

12 - Holy Orders

Robo, I-no, Testament, HOS, Ky, Zappa, Eddie, Millia

13 - Pick-up lessons by Anji

Baiken, Eddie, Anji, Johnny, May, Ky, I-no, Slayer

14 - Sherlock Holmes vs Dr Moriarty and co

Faust, Slayer, Axl, Sol, I-no, Baiken, Anji, Faust

15 - Old Man vs Bald Man

Sol, Faust, Venom, Robo, Sol, Kliff

16 - Oni can be killed with fire

I-no, Baiken, Venom, May, Robo, Millia, Sol

17 - "I'm are you but from another parallel universe"

Anji, Sol, Eddie, HOS, A.B.A, Potemkin, Kliff

18 - Go, grandpa

Kliff, Slayer, May, Anji, Faust, Dizzy, Ky, HOS

19 - Hairpin of Death

Testament, Ky, Venom, Anji, Robo, Millia, Chipp, A.B.A

20 - Evil Robo Twin is HARDER BETTER FASTER STRONGER

Millia, Ky, Dizzy, HOS, Axl, Robo, I-no

21 - Solken

Кто здесь: Robo, Sol, Eddie, Teatament, Baiken, A.B.A, Dizzy

23 - President Chipp

Testament, Dizzy, Chipp, Venom, Bridget

24 - President Chipp part 2

Chipp, Dizzy, HOS, I-no, Venom, Testament

25 - NEED. MORE. BALLS.

Dizzy, Venom, A.B.A, Kliff, Baiken

26 - Now 100% more curses!

Baiken, Testament, Bridget, Venom, Johnny, Sol

27 - two eyes, two arms, four legs - what is it

Robo, Sol, Testament, Baiken, Kliff

28 - BITE BITE BITE BITE

I-no, Robo, Baiken, Axl, Testament, Slayer, Venom

29 - SUDDENLY - Jam

Baiken, Slayer, Robo, Venom, I-no, Anji, Jam, Johnny

30 - Mila Yarova special

Millia, Jam, I-no

- I feel the same way about Testament. FB skull is amazing, but I don't see much use for EXEs now outside of another oki option (maybe S EXE when they're too far to run in > web?). It seems like they're worthless for pressure now; I saw a TE attempt some typical strings with them, but their startup delay was so huge the opponent just hit him out of it, cancelling the beast. The threat of his rushdown seems greatly lessened. I'm guessing they want him to be a pure zoner/trap character, but where is his damage?

- Justice almost looks like a joke character at the moment. IAD Install has way too harsh penalties that make it not worth using.

- Kliff looks... I don't know, lol. Can't really figure out what they're aiming for.

- FWIW, I asked an English-speaking JP in the chat what his opinion of the changes were. He said he's personally excited about Bridget gaining "high attack power" since he plays him, but then he followed that by saying Johnny is the strongest character right now. His rough English made the latter somewhat ambiguous if it was his personal opinion or the general consensus amongst JP players.

- Kliff looks... I don't know, lol. Can't really figure out what they're aiming for.

At the moment, Kliff kinda reminds me of Dhalsim: He's got low HP, a floaty jump and long range ^.^V

I finally hot to see some Jam action too! The ground bounce on 6H seems interesting... Would her powered up 623K work well that this new change?

- FWIW, I asked an English-speaking JP in the chat what his opinion of the changes were. He said he's personally excited about Bridget gaining "high attack power" since he plays him, but then he followed that by saying Johnny is the strongest character right now. His rough English made the latter somewhat ambiguous if it was his personal opinion or the general consensus amongst JP players.

He said Johnny got the largest boost in power during this loketest, not that he was strongest overall. (Also hi! I was onehitcombo.)

Kliff looks like a troll character. Instant-dizzy force break, fully invulnerable lean, huge jumps, big damage, delayable overdrive (that Kliff that did fullscreen max-delay overdrive made me laugh out loud, his opponent had no idea what to do). It's all beautiful and I love it.

Robo, thank you for sharing the torrent. I've set it as an article on DL's front page for a little extra exposure.

Yeah, it's that backhand, I think it's a followup to his glaive shake attack? Instant dizzy against most of the cast as the first hit. Made Potemkin flash red, and even if it doesn't dizzy it still causes a pretty hefty stun.

Zappa makes me wanna cry....he was NEVER that bad. Even Justice was shut down in that matchup. Not even Ky or Venom could really get close to him without hurculean effort.

Zappa makes me wanna cry....he was NEVER that bad. Even Justice was shut down in that matchup.

That's mostly because Justice can't dash now. I'm sure if Justice had the older properties, there wouldn't be that problem.

Zappa makes me wanna cry....he was NEVER that bad. Even Justice was shut down in that matchup. Not even Ky or Venom could really get close to him without hurculean effort.

The zappa matchup as Venom honestly looks fun as-is.

While sending the sword way out there is kind of risky for Zappa, the footage we saw was hilarious. I'm seeing this becoming a real problem for Potemkin and Justice unless this is one of those things where something seems strong at first but is considered not much of a problem once people get better.

Honestly those sword inputs seem way too fast and way too easy for Zappa to cancel and abuse. There should be some cooldown time between inputs at least.

sword looks at home now since it can detach. it seems lije a really cool and fun to use mechanic. dog on the other hand... goodbye bite. it doesnt seem to have any outstanding properties to warrant using it in any situation.

dog on the other hand... goodbye bite. it doesnt seem to have any outstanding properties to warrant using it in any situation.

It's still 3 orbs on hit and now 1 on block. As far as I can tell we also still have the dive overhead.

seems strong at first but is considered not much of a problem once people get better

This. People just didn't figure out how to get past it.

It works in media player classic, too. (Which is generally superior to VLC, running cleaner with less memory overhead and having cool features like frame-by-frame and ctrl+enter to fullscreen.) Just, it uses codecs that most programs you'd have "by default" don't know how to deal with.

Thanks \o/

Why it works only with VLC Player? :psyduck:

Because it was my first stream-recording expirence, lol. (Actually, second)

On serious note: it works with Light Alloy and Windows Media Player Classic, too. At least, at my PC.

Edited by Verdgilion

Thanks \o/

Why it works only with VLC Player? :psyduck:

you didnt have the correct set of codecs/ codecs configuration, simple as that