Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Ok, everyone, it's quite embarrassing situation, but i need to tell you: i tried to record first day of loketests, too. It was my first try to record stream and i do this in hurry, because i was late for work.

It's in a poor quality. I mean a really poor quality, like my poor english. It can be played only with Windows Media Player Classic.

To be more clear: first and second parts of video (video2 & video 3) - it's fine. Not so good, as records from second day of loketest, but anyway - it's ok. Together it's ~6 hours. You need only skip 00:00:00-00:02:00 of first video to watch it normally.

But another parts - it's another story. They looks like "VideoXXFIX" (XX - number of video).

While recording, because of some error, they were broken and unwatchable. With some kind of voodoo magic (as i see it) they were "fixed". It can be played with Windows Media Player Classic, but i recommend to press "Decrease speed" button, it's too fast.

I recommend to watch this, if you are a Bridget- Potemkin- Jam-player, because they quite rare on this loketest, but they appear in this video.

Of course, you can read this list and decide to download or not: http://www.sendspace.com/file/29vwih

Torrent:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c51npx

And if you write here "AHHH! MY EYES!" or "I WISH I'D NEVER BEEN BORN AT ALL", after you download and watch this, i will make my special "I-told-you" dance.

Edited by Verdgilion

Old eddie is back.... via FB summon. D:

Robo-Ky looks promising, #R promising.

Loving the old moves being brought back. DAT OLD KY 6HS <3

Looks like it's time to get the ps2 and arcade stick out of storage.

I'm hoping this isn't the last Loketest. Kliff was ridiculous enough for me to like him, but Justice didn't stand a chance. She *NEEDS A BUFF* like soon.

Blade, how can you judge the power of an entirely new kind of character(slow, clunky zoner, an archetype which i think i have never seen in a fighting game before) from a couple vids that nobody even knows how to approach how to play yet?

Blade, how can you judge the power of an entirely new kind of character(slow, clunky zoner, an archetype which i think i have never seen in a fighting game before) from a couple vids that nobody even knows how to approach how to play yet?

Because if she were approachable they would've done some combos with her by now? (read: legit BnBs)

Honestly that's not what bothers me...what bothers me is she can't get in...even Potemkin can get in a little bit.

Edited by Blade

Honestly that's not what bothers me...what bothers me is she can't get in...even Potemkin can get in a little bit.

maybe because the idea is that justice dont want to get in, but keep you out, just a little though of mine

also bro, you cant expect fully functional bnbs on the 2nd local test, with all the changes between each local test, and more changes that can come after them

btw, i still dont like the concept that they are trying to do with justice >:/ , and i also feel that some of the new tools need more though about them, specially the install, its just plain useless, so much cost for so little reward and big penalties when the move ends, right now, it would be better that they just simply remove that move

i also feel that they went overboard with some changes, some characters seem to get too much good stuff while others dont get enough for their losses :( (i dont main zato, but seeing him without unblockables is kinda heartbreaking, lol )

Edited by Hecatom

i also feel that they went overboard with some changes, some characters seem to get too much good stuff while others dont get enough for their losses :( (i dont main zato, but seeing him without unblockables is kinda heartbreaking, lol )

how is this any different from any of the other versions....

This is never a valid sequence of words

indeed, but if they intend to keep it as it is, its usefulness would be only for fancy combo vids, but never in real life

as it is now for a move that costs 100% of your tension that you can use on better stuff like rc, frc, sb, fd, fb and other supers; a move that not only puts you on a dizzy state for like 3 damn seconds (maybe more), that while it gives you the mobility options back, it doesnt grant you the old speed back, and to top on on the drawbacks, it rise your guard bar to the maximum value.

the move is simply a waste of code, for that i would prefer 1 or 2 more fb's, that can actually help on the gameplan of the new archetype that they are trying to build for justice, instead of a random guimick that wouldnt have any impact on the how justice would be played

how is this any different from any of the other versions....

is not :v:

but this time we have been playing the game for longer time so the changes look more drastic, the possibility of testament ending as a weak character is a disturbing image after 5 years of him being one of the strongest, lol :sweatdrop:

and after what happened with rachel from ct to cs, i know that they can go overboard with the nerfs :yaaay::vbang:

dont get me wrong, outside the fighting game developers out there i like how asw is not affraid to change and redesign their characters, and usually i like to think that they know what they are doing, just wanting to vent some of the fears that like usual, changes brings with them ;)

Edited by Hecatom

CT to CS was their very first time rebalancing Blazblue, it was very likely they would make mistakes. By now CSEX is a much better game as for balance. Previous versions helped them to see what was wrong and achieve a positive trend on balancing.

The same can be said for the GGXX series. Although some people may think slash was better balanced than AC, I think most agree that the series' balance was better game after game. Loketests are here to hear feedback and for mistakes to not stay into the final product. We'll start worrying about bad balance if when the game comes out real issues are still there...

Edited by Dream Maker

no one of blade's critical thinking skills can possibly do this. like. ever. unless it's a good guess.

the way they are testing things is fine. they're probably going to buff justice in the next version. there's a lot of reasons she can be apparently bad or even just straight up bad.

also one thing with changes in a new version its not a bad idea to throw a bunch of shiny things at characters and then look and see whats the most fun, impactful towards improving that character as a whole etc then remove the stuff thats not needed if that character ends up too powerful altogether.

its important to note that getting worked up about these changes would be good if someone speaking english was reading feedback haha. that kind of feedback is useful. i bet on jbbs they're going "justice is useless!!!! give her this!!" and arc systems is reading it.

Edited by Henaki

"justice is useless!!!! give her this!!"

I read that as "Justice is useless, give her tits." Although that may just solve the problem.

Also remember that this is the first time they've ever even had to balance Kliff/Justice. For the most part the other 23 characters (20 plus the additional 3 as they were added) for a few games now. Even though they're rebalancing the game, they're doing it with an idea of what works and what doesn't for most of the cast. Kliff/Justice just aren't part of that already-gathered knowledge and now somehow have to get worked into the equation.

Honestly, they still may not get it right. #R Robo was pretty damn good, and XX/ Order-Sol... wasn't so much.

I read that as "Justice is useless, give her tits." Although that may just solve the problem.

Mecha-boobs. >=3

a penis with tits, is that what you want?

As far as I know these were her core changes (from GG onwards):

GG:

--Speed and Mobility was her game.

--Ridiculous stun values

--Large hitboxes (ideal for long combos on her)

--Large reach (though it could miss certain things)

--Imperial Ray was her *only* meterless projectile option (Gamma Ray was common though due to the way the system was).

--Her rushdown might get beaten out by other characters due to her size (with exception to Imperial Ray).

GGX+:

--Although she had her mobility, her normals were monstrously slow.

--5H and 6H were exactly the same move with only a few property value changes.

--Introduced N.B. (Nuclear Blast), but only Horizontal version that was a projectile spam stopper (in other words, crap like what Venom did in that video wouldn't work with just ONE N.B. out), even so, N.B. was slow coming out so you had to have safe distance to use it.

--Removed Imperial Ray as a Special (replacing it as an Overdrive...still not sure this was the best idea).

--Got new Overdrive Michael Blade.

--Sprites and hitboxes were terrible, but still large.

GGXX:

--Complete Sprite Redraw, got a jump Dust, Airthrow, and new 6H.

--Got a diagonal N.B. for anti-air and other stuff

--N.B. was still overpowered for stuffing projectiles.

--Her N.B.s got FRCs, but that was it.

--Gamma Ray got a launching startup Spark (it didn't have that before).

--Air options unchanged (but enhanced with j.D ), hitboxes were still huge and vulnerable. This is probably when her air combo game improved.

#R:

Ignored.

Slash:

Ignored.

AC:

Excluded.

AC+:

--Got Saperia Trance Forcebreak, but this can be ducked so it's not ideal except in combos.

--Michael Sword caused Floor Slide, leading to loops.

--Air combos were ridiculous AND easy.

--Minor Tension Changes

--Minor Health Changes

--With comparison to the original GG, AC+ was Justice at her ALMOST worst as far as being broken.

The directions they've taken her seem more like a power-trip...so I have a hard time thinking of her getting changed in any major way as far as mobility and power goes.

--IMHO Imperial Ray should get a toned-down Forcebreak version. (9-14 hits like the original).

--Limit N.B. to maybe 2 ball projectiles per N.B. (in Venom's case)

--Nerf her air combo tree, but give her her a fraction old air options back (2 jumps, 2 airdashes should be enough).

--Nerf her HP like Kliff or something to compensate mobility.

Or they really could go the Omega Route:

--Slow as heck for the most part, no answers to anything...until 50% Tension.

Omega Activates (more time, less penalty, but still vulnerable afterwards)

--Give her low airdashes

--Make Imperial Ray a tensionless special in this state (like traditional)

--Make all her other specials come out faster (like Michael Sword).

--N.B. eats everything again.

--Give her cancels on everything.

--Make it punishing if she gets hit during this state, including instant loss during knockdown.