Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

i'd believe their colors were from incidental characters like Bang Subordinate C before their colors were from alternate colors pallets.

maybe their colors are from unannounced characters?

Second set of palettes could be P4U ? I can see Jam/Chie pretty clear...

Millia looks like Yukiko, but outside those 2, the rest of the cast doesn't seem to share colors with the persona 4 cast

Edit

I think that they are maybe anime references, Bridgette looks like Index and Dizzy looks like Pretty Cure Sunshine

Zato's palette looks awfully familiar, but i cant recall the character right now :/

Edited by Hecatom

Zato's palette looks awfully familiar, but i cant recall the character right now :/

Elizabeth ? ^_^

Pretty sure that palette is based on the new NGE character, to go with her Asuka/Rei/Shinji palletes actually.

Too bad Faust's new colors both suck

BTW were there any more actual game play change notes? (I was unable to make it to the loketest this time around)

Too bad Faust's new colors both suck

BTW were there any more actual game play change notes? (I was unable to make it to the loketest this time around)

The only info about changes I saw from the last loketest was for Dizzy:

News from 3rd loketest (from Shinjin)

Dizzy (src: Miyako)

- Opponent can no longer destroy bubbles by striking at them. They still disappear if Dizzy is hit. Self-exploding bubble mechanism still there

- 2D has slightly longer range.

- FB dagger has an FRC.

- Apart from that she is like the old loketest.

Read somewhere that those palettes are based on the character's original concepts (i.e. Baiken has Kenshin colors for example).

livedoor wiki matome(too lazy to translate all of it) http://wiki.livedoor.jp/ggxx_matome/d/GGXXAC%2bR%a1%a1%a5%ed%a5%b1%a5%c6%a1%a1%c2%e83%b2%f3 :

burst icon's font changed, the B and R are bigger

color select same as 2nd loketest, start button to change color sets

slashback changed back to before? (unconfirmed)

sol:

- doesn't look like he got any changes

ky:

- slash javelin: wallstick untech time longer, they fall properly when theyre hit low

- 6k: floats lower now and difficult to pick up from(pretty much impossible?)

- 3hs: alot of knockback

- hs javelin: frame advantage after hit increased, j.d crossup/non-crossup oki possible

may: nothing

millia:

- air pretty maze: attack hitbox startup 15f->13f, knockdown untechable time 40f->50f, guarenteed to come out after at 12f, recovery time 23f

eddie: nothing

pot:

- p buster: damage lower than 2nd loketest, distance thrown is shorter can go for oki now

- j.s: knockdown on hit

- sweep: cancellable

chipp: nothing

faust:

- nani ga deru kana?(hammer): the trajectory changed so that falls almost all the way to the other corner(weird to translate), stun value on counter hit lowered?

baiken: nothing

jam: nothing

johnny:

- mist step and mist cancel: speed buffed?

- throw: recovery changed?

axl:

- kokuugeki: picked up wih 5p>6k after landing on counter hit

- kyokusageki: good to throw out to catch both ground and air dashes, might be spammable if you reach the tip of their feet(wording was weird), can combo off air hit

- 2p: lots of people were throwing it out because of 2s gatling, even if they jump over 2p most of the time you can still make it in time to anti air

- axl bomber: something about it being less useful than kokuugeki frc, but dmg off it might be higher than it

- 2hs: sweep gatling exists, delaying sweep caught people pretty often

- hachisubako: some people threw it out delayed after sweep got ib'd, something about using rc and set then people used it to continue pressure(wut) and punish mashing, and isn't rensengeki better for this(i hate this fucker's wording)

- rashousen: no one used it so dunno, would be strong if its faster

someone else do the rest

Going for the rest of the Wiki changes.

Anji

5P : Back to AC status ? Everyone seemed to be able to connect P, P, P without any problem.

6K : FRC removed, or at least it's not the same timing as before.

5S : Less knockback ?

6S : Faster ? 2K, 6S, 5HS seemed to connect at the tip of the move.

3S : the cancel is the same as before. I thought it made going forward for a bit but it seems I was wrong.

HS : Gatling into 6P removed

JD : Landing recovery increased. Looks really sloppy now.

5D : Cancellable into special moves.

2D : Hitbox extended a lot. Really noticeable. To be precise, htting with the tip of 5K into 2D works even on Ky.

S fuujin : fuujin loop is still there. Didn't manage to do 3 loops on Pot though. Might need to adjust height during the combo.

HS fuujin : attack hitbox slightly weakened. Not a problem in combos but the move seemed easier to beat by other moves than before.

FB shitsu : Fast. Not possible to okizeme if not done late.

FB On : Floats very high on hit. Not possible to combo after at midscreen though.

FB Rin : Travel time shortened or hitbox weakened ? When using it from afar it seemed shorter to me. Decrease in guard bar is like AC. If this is true this is not good for combos...

Kou : Floating seems shorter ?

Aoi : Startup is slower. Using it against giganter, the opponent had time to guard it. Wouldn't Ky's 2D beat it too ? Before Anji starts dancing the move has no invincibility. I thought I could use it as a reversal but it wasn't good.

Tenjinashi : hitstop shortened

Venom

(nothing)

Testament

FB phantom soul : very effective in neutral situations

2S : hitbox is very strong. Clashed a lot against gekirin

3HS : Seems to have a cancel point at the 2nd hit

Badlands : 4 loops possible on lightweight chars. Ground version doesn't blow away, only the air version does.

Ruft Warrant : recovery decreased

Dizzy

(nothing)

Bridget

Rolling movement (214K when yoyo out I guess) : usable when HS is maintaned to have yoyo stay in place.

Robo-Ky

Heat increase : heat goes up on normal guard, FD and IB.

jHS : heats up 15°C

6P 1 hit : heats up 10°C

6P 3 hits : heats up 40°C

Air missile lv 1 : heats up 30°C

Air missile lv 2 and 3 : heats up 5°C

2HS : heats up 10°C. Guaranteed to come out. If you shoot it goes all the way up seems to go back down. When coming back to the ground, knocks down on both normal and counter hit.

2S : heats up 5°C. Untechable time slightly reduced. Impossible to catch after it on ground hit most of the time.

Backstep : heats up 10°C

Air dp : hits mid. Not possible to get a knockdown. Stronger choice than the gundash (? I think he means the classic low air dash mixup) on okizeme. Level 1 heats up 10°C, no heat up on lv 2 and 3.

ABA

(nothing)

Order-Sol

Rock it : Lv1 traveling distance seems to have increased and the move became easier to hit ? Lv2 hits as far as K dandy into Pilebunker. Floating trajectory on lv 3 has changed. The opponents now travels slightly diagonally upwards.

Kliff

(nothing)

Justice

6P : Now a one-hit move. Or is it that when you hit with the first the second doesn't come out ? Very strong anti air. And 18F mid move. Problem is how to get close enough to use it without any dash ? 2S, 2D, etc, about everything connects after it. There is also a cancel into 6HS but it doesn't connect on crouching hit so it might be useful after a CH anti-air ?

6HS : 2nd hit sucks in a lot. Maybe she already had that before though. Main problem is how to get this to hit and go into a air combo.

JHS : very strong. It did beat Venom's new 6P from above.

P N.B. : Flies straight at stun edge level. Goes through projectiles but also completely through multi hit projectiles. Even went through venom's max charged stinger aim. Gatling into P N.B FRC into 6HS and air combo will probably become the new BNB.

K N.B. : Flies straight at Justice face's level. Looks like the strongest version. Maybe only this can stop Venom's P ball hit with 5P.

S N.B. : Flies like platinum's bomb or may's HS vertical dolphin. Doing 6HS, into S N.B FRC into air combo might be a way to gain damage when you have gauge ? Honestly P and K versions are enough for zoning.

HS N.B. : Flies like Johnny's new coin.

D N.B : Flies a bit like S version but goes stupidly far. No idea on how to use it.

STB (DP move I guess) : Did beat Johnny's 2K with it on reversal. Lost to Venom's mad struggle though. Seems to have lower body invincibility.

S Michael Sword : Same as the original michael sword but with only one hit. Looks strong.

HS Michael Sword : Very slow startup michael sword. Might be good for frametraps ?

Air S Michael Sword : used as a combo finisher ? Just the JD into air S michael sword seems to hurt a lot.

Air HS Michael Sword : during startup, goes back a bit behind like Ness in Smash Bros. Don't know if possible to move again after using the move or not. Should be strong if it's possible to use JHS after it before landing. Someone please check.

Saberia Trance (I think it's the FB move she got in AC+ not sure of the name) : No invincibility before moving. Using it as a reversal, got beaten by Johnny's 5HS. When moving though it went through Venom's balls. Travel distance is about half screen, when it hits it does a low wallstick like Order-Sol's throw.

Counter : maybe nothing changed from AC+.

Imperial Ray : 6HS, Imperial, 5P didn't seem to work. Seems like the stupid Guard bar buildup was corrected also. Damage seems lower but still does good guaranteed damage after many hits.

Michael Blade : Useful as a long distance anti-projectile counter. Needs some vacuum effect...

Omega shift : properties changed. Takes 100% tension, lasts 10 seconds and gives back console version movement. The unreasonable burst gauge consumption after the move ends is gone. Guard bar flashing and some recovery are still here after the move ends, but the recovery is now similar to dragon install's. However flashing guard bar justice with slow movement is as good as dead. Throw, 6HS, Omega didn't work. But Throw, Omega, 6HS did. Starters may only be throw and the counter move ?

Yamanaka - Guilty Gear AC+ R's producer - shared a picture of the side panels for the forthcoming PSN and 360 release over the weekend.

Apparently, they're making three panel styles - presumably for each character - and this is the first to be approved. You can change the panel designs in the options menu...

405803_10150313572869977_63661966_n.jpg

So seems like we'll have more panel options than just the basic one we have seen used for the arcade release.

Gulity Gear Accent Core Plus R is coming to PlayStation Vita next year with full voice acting. Looks like this will be a good reason for me to skip the PSN download release if the Vita version is retail.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/11/guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus-r-coming-to-vita-next-year/

Edited by MikelAL93

OH shit, my Vita has justified itself (again).

I just hope:

-This thing features online, like the console versions (Vita Extend works wonders).

-It DOESN'T feature retarded touch controls (they didn't work that great in Extend).

-It features some additional shit, like items or gallery pics you can share with near.

-A TUTORIAL.

Edited by Kyosuke Kagami