Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

http://wiki.livedoor.jp/ggxx_matome/d/ACR%a1%a1%ca%d1%b9%b9%c5%c0%a1%a1TOP

体力

全キャラの体力が420→460に増加。(およそ1割)

Stamina

· 420 → 460 increase in physical strength of all characters. (Approximately 10%)

--------------------

FD

ノックバック距離増加。

FD

· Knockback distance increase.

Oh dear, let's hope this doesn't impede the speed and flow of matches.

People who hated BlazBlue for it's 'lack of damage' and preferred GG's damage scaling might not like this.

I don't think it's 'lack of damage' in BB that deterred people. More like the 'long combos' which get really boring after a while.

Mynus,

what're your impressions of the new I-no?

I don't think it's 'lack of damage' in BB that deterred people. More like the 'long combos' which get really boring after a while.

Definitely, I'd happily be playing BB if it weren't for the 30 hit combos that do 30% damage.

Definitely, I'd happily be playing BB if it weren't for the 30 hit combos that do 30% damage.

Do you hate CS1 Rachel? :kitty:

People playing dis shit. Do you know how nerfed ZATO-SAMA is now? Or he's still so full of bullshit? :v:

Edited by Kyosuke Kagami

^ I haven't played, but I can tell you a couple things I've noticed that seem to be significant.

Shadow HS pit move seems to always hit otg or be comboed into now. My assumption is that it is no longer a low, and so rather than doing an unblockable on oki to lead to a lot of stun and extra damage, they have to take the scaling from the combo leading up to the point where the pit hits them.

FB drill only hits low on the first hit, so unblockables aren't quite as free. Still possible, but for example 22d with shadow out causes the low drill hit to hit before the puke ball hits you, so you have time to block both unless it's an okizeme situation.

I haven't seen the big nobiru combo knock down yet due to shadow gallery always getting both hits somehow. I'm not sure what this is, or if the combo could be timed differently to allow shadow gallery to get 1 hit and knockdown, but it seems harder.

So:

-unblockables are still possible, but lead to smaller air combos and cost meter, and I'm pretty sure do less damage.

-main big combo does not lead to knockdown.

The puke ball is no longer an overhead. The only unblockable still available is the 22H FRC IAD.K and maybe old shadow's ]H[ with jump kick.

Is old shadow's D (dolphin) overhead?

It might be, I haven't seen old shadow yet. I've seen AC shadow drill unblockable guarded by crouching faultless guard and it's already confirmed that puddle isn't a low anymore.

I just want my 5k "special quote" combo easter eggs, that's all I care about.

Ragna (Enemy Techs after 2k+ combo) : Die!

Ragna (Enemy Techs after 3k+ combo) : Hmph!

Ragna (Enemy Techs after 5k+ combo) : Hurts, don't it!

If they applied those kinda quotes to GG, I'd be more motivated to do higher damage combos, for sure!

Spit ball not being an overhead anymore seems really unlikely. You sure he wasn't just timing his guard switch as a just-frame? It was possible to do this if Eddie tried it mid blockstring, by doing spit+22D. I've seen the same thing done in this game, but I haven't seen anyone block a meaty spit ball+22D.

Oh dear, let's hope this doesn't impede the speed and flow of matches.

It hasn't changed either of these significantly, from what I've seen. Fewer chances to kill in two combos, but it still happens.

Erm, why would you not go for the higher damage combos if possible?

Because he's a tool.

Erm, why would you not go for the higher damage combos if possible?

I think you misunderstand. I believe he means that he sucks and can't do the higher damage combos, BUT if the game had cheesy anime quotes that went along with combos, he'd be more inclined to try and learn these high damage, efficient combos that we take for granted. You must remember that this is a genius who thinks like a developer, not like us lowly Fighting Game players who only think of high level tournament play.

Seriousness: Does anyone have any info on how Venom now plays? I heard he was "godlike" during the loketest so they nerfed him a bit.

Spit ball not being an overhead anymore seems really unlikely. You sure he wasn't just timing his guard switch as a just-frame? It was possible to do this if Eddie tried it mid blockstring, by doing spit+22D. I've seen the same thing done in this game, but I haven't seen anyone block a meaty spit ball+22D.

This. Especially the last part.

Mynus,

what're your impressions of the new I-no?

So far she is looking really strong and solid with changes to longer/double airdash, 1f recovery on f.S (with new better proration), and jc'able HS STBT (lol this). STBT changes are really significant because while not affecting her corner STBT combos off of the juggle, it makes her stronger midscreen with impressive corner carry off of a midscreen HS STBT hit. Also she can now iad off of her j.D due to the new double airdash which is confirmed to lead to iad j.k > j.S > fastfall VCL when I tested it. f.S is great now for pressure/jump baits and her 6HS being a two hit move once more makes mistiming her forward grab not a death sentence. Also im impressed with the way they are using her TK FB note to stop certain chars from being frivolous with their iad's and keeping ppl off of her (even with a trade, since the reset in neutral is worth it).

Stunedge told me ppl are considering her a strong A tier as of right now. I do want to see if her new larger 5HS hitbox makes using 6P > 5HS on the two Sols possible now or not.

I can see myself spamming the shit out of f.S ... very nice change.

jc'able STBT is really useful ... this move is really great now. Has two FRC's for mixups and whatnot, throw invincible, low stance, and now JC'able ... *drools*

Also, did they decrease the startup or recovery of 6HS? it looks faster to me for some reason.

Any changes on the hitbox of HCL?

Appreciate the Info!

Edited by ATG Warlord

Did ABA's unblockable special get buffed, I'm seeing people use it a lot now whereas I almost never saw it used in AC

@Circuitous: Fuck you.

@Sweetvids: Fuck you.

@reaVer: Combos and Damage aren't the same thing. If I can do something with less effort for more damage, I will. But games that force me to do technical shit and jump through flaming hoops just to get a decent percentage of Health chipped away aren't really motivating.

^ I haven't played, but I can tell you a couple things I've noticed that seem to be significant.

Shadow HS pit move seems to always hit otg or be comboed into now. My assumption is that it is no longer a low, and so rather than doing an unblockable on oki to lead to a lot of stun and extra damage, they have to take the scaling from the combo leading up to the point where the pit hits them.

FB drill only hits low on the first hit, so unblockables aren't quite as free. Still possible, but for example 22d with shadow out causes the low drill hit to hit before the puke ball hits you, so you have time to block both unless it's an okizeme situation.

I haven't seen the big nobiru combo knock down yet due to shadow gallery always getting both hits somehow. I'm not sure what this is, or if the combo could be timed differently to allow shadow gallery to get 1 hit and knockdown, but it seems harder.

So:

-unblockables are still possible, but lead to smaller air combos and cost meter, and I'm pretty sure do less damage.

-main big combo does not lead to knockdown.

@Circuitous: Fuck you.

@Sweetvids: Fuck you.

@reaVer: Combos and Damage aren't the same thing. If I can do something with less effort for more damage, I will. But games that force me to do technical shit and jump through flaming hoops just to get a decent percentage of Health chipped away aren't really motivating.

So you know what combos work best for you, why do you need the game to tell you then?