Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

But... Isn't HOS Sol from the past? Shouldn't he sound younger?

Sol doesn't age he's immortal, so your argument is invalid good sir. Anyways let's keep this thread on point, Order Sol seems to have impressed me the most, and I really look forward to subbing him when i get back into the game.

Does anyone else sorta think Kliff is a bit too strong, or am I just whining?

Sol doesn't age he's immortal, so your argument is invalid good sir. Anyways let's keep this thread on point, Order Sol seems to have impressed me the most, and I really look forward to subbing him when i get back into the game.

Does anyone else sorta think Kliff is a bit too strong, or am I just whining?

Kliff is strong, but not too strong.

And Koichi seems to have that influence whenever he plays a character.

I think it's also a bit of "People just have no idea how to fight Kliff" right now.

In the latest recorded joniosan stream, a Kliff player had 25% tension against an Anji player with 80% life. Kliff did a small aircombo off of a random IAD, which built enough meter for him to do 236S FRC into dizzy move; Anji struggled as best he could, so Kliff only got a half-charged 6H into 236P, instead of a full combo, to try to bait Anji's burst. It still did 50-60% damage, even with the short burst-bait combo. If he had done the full combo, he probably would have done 80-90%.

So in short, pretty broken, especially when you consider how great Kliff is even without the dizzy move.

Has anyone seen good Eddie play? I know he was too good previously but I'm concerned he's been relegated to shit tier or something. Almost every vid I've seen him in is him getting shit on pretty good.

You have to wait for Ogawa to return to Mikado. Besides didn't Melon Eddie won the previous Mikado 3v3 tourney doing pretty much standard AC Eddie stuff?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qsL_utcBgM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avUGcAJwN4I

IIRC Ogawa usually plays at Club Sega Akihabara and will only appear in Mikado during SBO qualifying period. Back in early AC days in 2007 he made his high profile return in pre-SBO exhibition matches and then proceeded to beat Kaqn's Order Sol in a 50-match casuals at GameChariot for like 43-7.

Gotta agree with Chojin. Kliff looks like he seriously has way too much. He isn't bugged, just really really strong. If he isn't as strong as he looks, I hope it's because some glaring weaknesses are found. This is just #R Robo all over again, and the only reason he wasn't the best was because there were other characters even dumber than him. As fun as #R was, I don't want to go back to that level of stupidity.

It is the first new GG in 6 years though. Cheap stuff is going to be found and there are going to be adjustments. Kliff's stuff might just be week 1 abuse from strong players. He does look like the "scrubby low effort" character right now. New character, etc. Only time will tell.

Dead people are always broken, look at Eddie.

Seriously though, Kliff looks overpowered because Koichi makes him look extremely good and the game is like 2 weeks old (not denying the fact that Kliff seems beginner friendly with that huge sword swing move). It's similar to early AC days when Order Sol looked broken due to Kaqn abusing the newly added charge cancelling. Time will tell if this game requires rebalance once the likes of Slayer start developing proper combos.

Is like no one remembers when AC got released and everyone though that HOS, Baiken and Slayer where top tier, yes Slayer was considered top for a while but with the time everyone learned how to play against them and they went down in the tier placement

Kliff may be a bit overestimated now due to the lack of experience against him, but considering he's already wrecking stuff so early after release and new things can still be discovered I hardly see him not staying in the top bunch of the tiers. He has great pokes, damage, okizeme, and doesn't even have a bad defense modifier anymore (I think it's 1.06 now although he still has a bad guts modifier). Many of his normal moves have float, knockdown effects that give him easy combos and the icing on the cake is that 2S that lifts enemies from the ground. I don't think any other character in the game has such a move that relaunches from OTG for no tension. Well Testament had one in AC and we all now how strong he was, and yet he had to FRC to combo after it.

Edited by Dream Maker

Yeah, i mean there's nothing that can be "figured out" that will nerf his damage or range, or frame advantage off of fireball. At best, one could learn some combos that work on him, and how to punish some of his moves, but thanks to his range, might be hard for some characters to get a good punish. Thing is i don't think any of that is enough to swing the match in the opponent's favor.

I think Kliff is going to slide down the tiers. Maybe not far, but no one has matchup experience against him yet. Combine that with being easy/beginner friendly and he's going to be dunking on people until he's figured out more.

That, and one important thing I feel is being overlooked is that some of his moves have a random chance of failure due to him coming down with old-man-itis. Of course, factors regarding this are unknown currently: how high is that chance? Is it move specific? Nonetheless, it can happen, and one thing that makes top tiers extra solid is their stronger tools being guaranteed. Kliff does not have this.