Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

There is no dust cloud when you perform a 1 frame jump, I have to agree that it's probably intentional.

I would wager the dust animates later in the prejump frames. By canceling out those frames, you cancel out the animation. I can't fathom a fighting game design team intentionally adding this mechanic, and it certainly seems out of line with what ARCSYS attempts to do in general.

1 frame jump is cancelling jump startup to air FD. 7~P+K, or whatever. It's an escape tool.

So wait does this technique cut short the jump startup animation to 1 frame?

I heard somewhere that this technique called the "1 frame jump" doesn't in fact cut the jump startup to 1F. It might cut it by 1 frame or a little bit but cutting it to just 1 would be stupidly strong. And thinking about it, if it was really like that we would see this in matches all day. Maybe someone else could confirm this but it seems to me that there is some kind of misunderstanding on that technique and that it doesn't deserve its name.

However there is some technique known in Japan as "fuzzy jump" that involves FD and jumping but it's not really about jumping faster. It's mostly used as an option-select defensive technique against command throw mixups by doing low FD, tap up quickly and then go back low FD again. This way if your opponent attempts to command throw you will jump and FD and if he attemps a low, you'll just block the low.

I thought there was a video somewhere that shows how it's not actually a 1 frame jump, but cuts the last frame off the jump animation. I'll see if i can find it. Also it's not like it renders mixups useless, so as long as you can still do mixups i don't see the harm.

I don't even understand the discussion...whether it is or isn't 1 frame it's been in the game for years and it's something everyone has, if you've actually played, been dealing with for years....hasn't been a problem thus far, unlikely to ever be one.

I don't even understand the discussion...whether it is or isn't 1 frame it's been in the game for years and it's something everyone has, if you've actually played, been dealing with for years....hasn't been a problem thus far, unlikely to ever be one.

Does anyone know the exact frames on how 1f jumping works? If it is not cutting the pre jump frames to 1 I agree it's not that big a deal. If it is then it's lazy and shouldn't be in the game.

Just because something's been around for a while doesn't mean its a good mechanic.

The thing is 1f jump is a powerful defensive tool in a game with ridiculous offense already and I think removing it would lower the quality of the highest level of play but anything below that tippy top level of play it's bad for game health.

It massively helps with certain characters that don't have any reversal options. I used it all the time as a Faust player because yes as said before, the offense in this game is ridiculous.... Ahhhh I can't wait!!!!

Does anyone know the exact frames on how 1f jumping works? If it is not cutting the pre jump frames to 1 I agree it's not that big a deal. If it is then it's lazy and shouldn't be in the game.

I haven't tested it (yet) but my understanding is that it's actually a '1F faster' jump, not a 1F jump. Just try doing it with Robo-Ky or Pot, they still jump noticeably slower than everyone else and their jumps don't look like one frame.

^teyah probably knows. I keep expecting him to jump in here and straighten us out.

It's one of a lot of things on my 'I should get around to testing this' list. :(

I recall several years ago that 1F jump was just a jump with 1 startup frame. I also recall not all characters have access to that jump as the FD cancel takes away only one frame; which would mean only characters with a 2 frame jump have a 1 frame jump capability. But my memory seems to be bad anyway...

Thanks Horokei for the vid.

For the jump startup, I remember they increased it for most if not all characters sometime in reload or slash, so there may have been characters with 2 frame jumps in the past but not anymore that's for sure.

"1F jump" cancels last frame of jump startup when character actually become airborn. You can't cancel pre-jump frames with FD.

That last frame you also can cancel with TK specials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r6_XNELwFE

there is no characters with 2F jump. fastest jumps in GG is 3F

This was a really good and informative video, front page material IMO~ Thanks Horokei!

hmm that takes me to an error page, but its also stated here: http://www.guiltygearx.com/info/

also looks like they are gonna have like gamer icon packs or something

Yea they took the page down then brought it back up a couple minutes later. It's live now.