Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Oh man, i didn't realize people weren't aware of 1f faster jumps, the japanese do them on almost every jump and have been for a really long time. It's one of the reasons they are just better blockers than US players and seem to survive so much more pressure. I really didn't know this wasn't commonly understood, I thought there was a thread on it a long time ago but now im not so sure =[

Oh man, i didn't realize people weren't aware of 1f faster jumps, the japanese do them on almost every jump and have been for a really long time. It's one of the reasons they are just better blockers than US players and seem to survive so much more pressure. I really didn't know this wasn't commonly understood, I thought there was a thread on it a long time ago but now im not so sure =[

I have returned after months of Hiatus.

So yea as a massive fan of BB, I plan on getting this and checking it out. Admittedly I missed out on the PS2 release, and the only version I played is the Wii version, so my experience is limited to mainly videos, but from what I've seen I'll love this game as much as I do BB and P4. So is there anything I need to know before playing this? I've heard GG is a lot faster paced than BB, but other than that just about the same am I right?

It's faster yes. And it is also a lot more logical than BB.

For example: ALL NORMALS MUST BE FD BLOCKED WHILE AIRBORNE.

I dunno if I'd call that more logical, but it's certainly more consistent.

So yea as a massive fan of BB, I plan on getting this and checking it out. Admittedly I missed out on the PS2 release, and the only version I played is the Wii version, so my experience is limited to mainly videos, but from what I've seen I'll love this game as much as I do BB and P4. So is there anything I need to know before playing this? I've heard GG is a lot faster paced than BB, but other than that just about the same am I right?

It's similar, but a lot of the things GG and BB have in common work a lot differently between the two series (IB, barrier/FD, general movement, bursts, oki, etc.). There are guides floating around, and you can check the wiki for information on GG's mechanics, but the best way to get a feel for the differences is to just play GG.

I have such a problem FD blocking in air. I never remember nad I lose to my own newbies because that's all they hit me with. It's just sad.

I try to remember but you have to FD block in a way that doesn't burn all your tension - it goes down very fast.

Well, no. Yes GG is faster paced, and on the surface it might seem that both game are extremely similar, but when you scratch the surface you realize that both games are different beasts. Sure, they have many similarities, but the game flows are completely different. You'll have to try it out to see if it's your thing. But I DO hope that you do! Just don't go into Guilty Gear thinking that it's BlazBlue with different characters, because you'll be disappointed (or pleasantly surprised, who knows)

Well like I said, my experience is limited to videos off Youtube, I hope it's different as I don't want to pay $15 for essentially a game I already have.

Consistency is good for keeping lower level players in the game, but it's irrelevant at mid to high levels of play. IMO It's important in certain kinds of games, especially in games with a lot of visual noise (team games), but in one vs one games it's pretty easy to discern what's an exception.

Hidden inconsistency is worse. You can tell what's hitting you out of the air and what isn't in P4A, at a glance, you can't tell characters have different wakeup times in GG... This is why high consistency is important in a visually noisy and hard to understand game (such as an MMO or MOBA where tons of players are active and shooting particles everywhere). Essentially, if you can learn the inconsistency quickly, it's not a big deal.

If you want to think GG is better than BB, there are a lot of other reasons IMO. GG has some of the best pacing out of any FG, while BB has some of the worst.

GG is a lot faster, but the pace is really good more importantly. The way frame advantage/chains works, how knockdowns are rewarded, the distance to the corner and the damage are very well managed. It's a much more exciting and intense game because of that.

I think the chars are a little less diverse than Blazblue in design, but most characters have more options than BB or P4A as a whole.

Edited by Henaki

At the same time you could call Guilty too straightforward, while BB is a lot more complex with wake up options, long arenas, easier blocking, etc, which makes it more interesting in other aspects, while reducing the pace. I like both games.

Guys, can you advise on the XBL release on Oct. 24? To purchase it, I must create a US account, right? (I won't be able to purchase it off EU account, right?) Will I be able to rus US Store game on my EU account later? (Like in PSN)

I thought the XBL one is being released worldwide? I'm sure you can get it off the EU store.

Ky's j.D says NOPE.

I believe Robo and Kliff's j.D are non-overheads too, but don't quote me on that.

kliff's j.d for sure is overhead

roboky j.d doesn't hit low enough on the ground to hit any crouchers

i don't even think every char is tall enough for you to be able to hit everyone standing with a low airdash j.d

Ky's j.D is considered as a projectile so let's say that is the exception which proves the rule!

Or that the rule of being a projectile takes precedence over being an air normal.

I thought the XBL one is being released worldwide? I'm sure you can get it off the EU store.

That is great to hear! Do they practice that for all XBL content?

Ky's j.D is considered as a projectile so let's say that is the exception which proves the rule!

Or that the rule of being a projectile takes precedence over being an air normal.

how would you classify roboky's 6p and 2hs then

those are projecties that have to be FDed in the air