Shinjin

[AC+R] News & Gameplay Discussion

Online for this seems pretty trashy unless you have a really good connection with your opponent. I had a ranked match with literally 1 full second between button input and character response. I will keep trying it, but will only be playing player matches so that I can filter out opponents based on connection quality.

lets see, a full second of lag would mean delay 60 (60 * 16.6666 = 1000) which would sound like you're exaggerating :D Though I know 100ms can feel like a second which would imply delay 4, which in your case would be anyone in USA, some players in EU and some players in Japan(damn that reach of yours!). In BlazBlue it happened quite a few times that I got pitted against players with pings so high the game became completely unplayable. However, in BB you could enter ranked matches by browsing through a list, maybe GGXXAC+ has this feature too.

lets see, a full second of lag would mean delay 60 (60 * 16.6666 = 1000) which would sound like you're exaggerating :D Though I know 100ms can feel like a second which would imply delay 4, which in your case would be anyone in USA, some players in EU and some players in Japan(damn that reach of yours!). In BlazBlue it happened quite a few times that I got pitted against players with pings so high the game became completely unplayable. However, in BB you could enter ranked matches by browsing through a list, maybe GGXXAC+ has this feature too.

I don't know why you assume that my ping was 100ms, because there's no indicator for that in-game as far as I'm aware. I wouldn't lie about input like that, as I posted that literally right after I played my ranked match. Either I have a shitty connection, he had one, we BOTH had one, he was far away, or any combination of those elements. It was at least a whole second, believe me.

There is a way to filter opponents based on connection type and area, it seems. I may be forced to playing "local" players, which means more than four hours away from me. I really cannot stand online play in any game. My patience for online in this game may be incredibly thin as it is, because of years of offline play and my hatred of how lag affects games like these in general.

It'll be worse most likely. Play people close to you that you have a good connection with or it'll be bad, that's just facts.

Edit: then again Koogy's playing Biscuits (NV <-> NY) and he says it feels fine and can react to overheads, so who knows! You'll still wanna stay within the continent, though.

Good luck, lol, then there's that 10 hour practice achievement...:wtf:, eh, wouldn't worry about that anyways right now.

..... Who has that much time on thier hands.....

Are you sure that is a 10 hours straight of training room?

Sounds to me that it's just having 10 hours of training clocked...

lets hope that extra wait for psn ver wont turn out like this.....lol

Second that. And if it really is that bad then I won't buy the 360 version till a patch or some kind of fix. Or I'll just get the PSN version and won't go online

I also think the lag feels worse than other games because the nature of the game itself. I've been too spoiled by games with huge buffer windows and slow gameplay. Blazblue AH3 SF4 etc. Most new fighters have a enormous buffer window and the games playing slower.

GG wasn't designed like that, so little lag really feels apparent.

Owells nice to know after 5 years of not playing I can still kick ass online, with lag ;/.

So how is the netcode?

some EU nigga confirm this is on xlive and playable please

lessssgo

It was confirmed on SRK that the game is out on europe as well

Im EU and ive got it. Make sure you go to arcade releases -> new releases.

Edit

http://es.twitch.tv/brokentiertv

I don't know why you assume that my ping was 100ms, because there's no indicator for that in-game as far as I'm aware. I wouldn't lie about input like that, as I posted that literally right after I played my ranked match. Either I have a shitty connection, he had one, we BOTH had one, he was far away, or any combination of those elements. It was at least a whole second, believe me.

There is a way to filter opponents based on connection type and area, it seems. I may be forced to playing "local" players, which means more than four hours away from me. I really cannot stand online play in any game. My patience for online in this game may be incredibly thin as it is, because of years of offline play and my hatred of how lag affects games like these in general.

You said you had a full second of lag, which is 1000ms; which I answered seems unlikely. I continued to explain that 100ms often does give the impression of 1 second of lag, which I then went on to explain would infer delay 4 which is quite normal considering the scarcity of GG players.

What I would like to know is how does the game feel? Do you have more lag in say arcade mode than in the ps2 version? Is the xbox version valid for competition?

What I would like to know is how does the game feel? Do you have more lag in say arcade mode than in the ps2 version? Is the xbox version valid for competition?

I'll be running some tests this weekend on CRT setups. I've already clocked a couple of versions of GG and will finish the rest off then. Watch for a thread on this early next week.

You said you had a full second of lag, which is 1000ms; which I answered seems unlikely. I continued to explain that 100ms often does give the impression of 1 second of lag, which I then went on to explain would infer delay 4 which is quite normal considering the scarcity of GG players.

Oh word? Sorry, my bad, haha. The game offline feels very comparable to PS2, but I will need to play it more to really make a decision. If

Teyah will be running side by side comparisons, then we will have a better idea later. Insofar as my personal experience, the game feels perfectly fine.

It was confirmed on SRK that the game is out on europe as well

I'm at work so I can't check but my friend says he got message: "Sorry this is not available in your country" (finland)

and now he says he can't even find the game anymore on xlive

teh fuuuuck

I searched the game in the XBA and i cant find it

just go to browse games, move a tab over to "arcade", and go to new releases, itll be right there

yo i think i found a glitch.... a HUGE ONE

so i got sent an invite to play when i was doing one of the missions (fight gold may she's poisoned and stuff)

i start the round

P1 (the opponent) is starting at 1/2 health and recovering life

P2 (me) is starting at full life, poisoned and 100% meter

(same conditions as the mission)

i am unable to control my character and after 1 round it just disconnects

i try ranked and same conditions

i go to training mode.....my char is flashing blue... training dummy is poisoned and for some reason there is a timer in training mode

it seems to carry over to other single player modes as well

i don't have a camera to record footage

it seems after going back to mission mode and doing a different mission put things back to normal

Edited by M.Song

just go to browse games, move a tab over to "arcade", and go to new releases, itll be right there

No i cant find it maybe because i have a mexican xbox live account?

yo i think i found a glitch.... a HUGE ONE

so i got sent an invite to play when i was doing one of the missions (fight gold may she's poisoned and stuff)

i start the round

P1 (the opponent) is starting at 1/2 health and recovering life

P2 (me) is starting at full life, poisoned and 100% meter

(same conditions as the mission)

i am unable to control my character and after 1 round it just disconnects

i try ranked and same conditions

i go to training mode.....my char is flashing blue... training dummy is poisoned and for some reason there is a timer in training mode

it seems to carry over to other single player modes as well

i don't have a camera to record footage

oh wow...I didn't realize it was that bad lol. I just saw you normal